ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for SET(M) after 29th Nov-please advise!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fruithoney
Newly Registered

English requirement for SET(M) after 29th Nov-please advise!

Post by fruithoney » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi everyone, I have just read the UKBA and found the following requirement for partners settlement after 29th Nov.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-partners

I need to apply for set(M) in this December, I want to know if I need to do anything to satisfy this new requirement!!

I have done a undergraduate degree in Sheffield university.. according to the rule, I do not need to take a test. However, do I need to provide any document from UK NARIC to say my barchelor degree is qualified? Or can I just simply provide the degree paper?

Thanks in advance..

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:07 pm

Not applicable to SET(M) (287, 295G) applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fruithoney
Newly Registered

Post by fruithoney » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks vinny,

However, the website stated that if

''From 29 November 2010, any migrant who wants to enter or remain in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person settled here will need to show that they can speak and understand English.''

Set(m) is for partner to apply for remaining in the uk..I thought it is also affected by this new rule?

Please clarify!! Thanks a lot !!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Click on given links for clarification.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

fruithoney
Newly Registered

Post by fruithoney » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Thank you.. but sorry I still can not find anywhere saying this new language is not applicable to SET ( M)...

if you can be more specific please..thanks a lot

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:03 pm

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 pm

vinny wrote:Not applicable to SET(M) (287, 295G) applications.
Applying to settle in the UK as a partner comes under 287 or 295G, and uses the form SET(M). The English test is not applicable to applications under 287 nor 295G because neither 287 nor 295G are referenced in the Statement of Changes CM 7944.