ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milrr
Newly Registered

Post by milrr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi everyone

Please add me to the list.

Application sent to the home office on 25th October 2010. It is 10 years student category.
One week now:-)!!

ku
Newly Registered

Post by ku » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 pm

congradulation faismala,enjoy the life and freedom,

faismala,just read from your post,you have being here as a student,did you continue your studies until you receive your ilr,do you know whther ukba has contacted your college? pls reply when you get a chance,

faismala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by faismala » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 pm

ku wrote:congradulation faismala,enjoy the life and freedom,

faismala,just read from your post,you have being here as a student,did you continue your studies until you receive your ilr,do you know whther ukba has contacted your college? pls reply when you get a chance,
Thanks ku,yes i am attending my college but not sure if ukba has contacted my college or not?

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Congrats Faismala!! Its great news that your application is back.. enjoy ur new freedom! And yes, I am next in line so make dua akhi, that mine is back.. inshallah I will be smiling as well soon :)

juniorr

Post by juniorr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 am

sushdmehta wrote:
juniorr wrote:does PSW count for 10 years ILR
Yes.

regards
Tnx fo yor reply. if you don't mind please tell me where they mention this. i could'nt find it any where.
cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:47 am

juniorr wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
juniorr wrote:does PSW count for 10 years ILR
Yes.

regards
Tnx fo yor reply. if you don't mind please tell me where they mention this. i could'nt find it any where.
cheers
In the same document which states that time spent in UK as a student can be used to apply for settlement.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:54 am

Even time spent as a visitor may be included.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:13 pm

Guys, i am confused and worried.. I have today received a package from the UKBA with all my supporting docs inside.. NO passport.. NO covering letter to say whats going on.. Did anyone else get this kind of thing?! I expected a letter inside from them but nothing.. :(

michael08
Newly Registered

ILR received today

Post by michael08 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks to the Almighty God, i have received my ILR today.

application sent on 26 August 2010
ack. letter received 1 September
ILR issued on 3rd of November
passport received 5th November 2010.
ISSUED FROM Liverpool

all thanks goes to the living God.

i pray everyone gets their's sooner rather than latter.

sasam
Newly Registered

Post by sasam » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 am

zeddie wrote:Guys, i am confused and worried.. I have today received a package from the UKBA with all my supporting docs inside.. NO passport.. NO covering letter to say whats going on.. Did anyone else get this kind of thing?! I expected a letter inside from them but nothing.. :(
What are they doing? They need to get their acts together. This is nothing but mental torture.

faismala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by faismala » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:52 pm

zeddie wrote:Guys, i am confused and worried.. I have today received a package from the UKBA with all my supporting docs inside.. NO passport.. NO covering letter to say whats going on.. Did anyone else get this kind of thing?! I expected a letter inside from them but nothing.. :(

INSHALLAH this will be a good news.They sent 1st documents and then passport.

Sugargypsie
Newly Registered

I RECIEVED MY ILR TODAY

Post by Sugargypsie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Hello guys.
I have never posted but have read posts on here religiously and have gotten morale from all of you. 

I just received my ILR on the basis of long residence - 8 yr student visa and 2 yr permit free training. I thought i would share my experience for whatever it's worth.  I was lucky enough to have access to funds and chose to use a lawyer for ease even though a straightforward application. 

Prior to posting off my application, I switched to a tier one visa to ensure that if there were delays I would still have a flexible immigration status that allowed me to work/study/apply for any job without dumb HR people harassing and picking on me. I also got my lawyer to verify photocopies of my passport confirming my tier one just in case. 

My timeline is below:
Arrived UK for a levels and Med school 29th July  2000
Eligible for ILR from 29th June 2010
Switched to Tier 1 without restrictions of work as a dr in training (same day app) 15th July and granted leave to remain till 2012
Sent off ILR on 27.10.2010
Acknowledgment letter received from Croydon dated 31.08.2010
Cheque cashed on 06.09.2010
ILR delivered to my lawyer 08.11.2010 - in two packages on same day Approval letter and passports with supporting documents
Passport endorsed on 3rd Novemeber at Liverpool. 

All I can say is keep praying and it will happen. Send in a meticulous application and strong cover letter. You do not need a lawyer in a straightforward case but if you can afford one then do it. But get a proper lawyer. Not an irresponsible member of your own ethnic diaspora that promises cheap labour and does not deliver. Find a good lawyer!

Sorry for the typos! 

I'm off to claim benefits now. Byeeee!

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:49 pm

7 month anniversary has passed.. all supporting docs are back with no covering letter.. still no passport. Any updates from those waiting?

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by powershower » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 pm

[quote="zeddie"]7 month anniversary has passed.. all supporting docs are back with no covering letter.. still no passport. Any updates from those waiting?[/quo

Hi Zeddie , Hope you get ILR soon, This must be frustrating.I wish your dramatic waiting time ends soon.

sasam
Newly Registered

Post by sasam » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:43 pm

39 weeks. Still waiting.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:47 pm

friend is waiting for 42 weeks no suitable answer from HO. Only ur application is under review we will let you know the outcome

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi ferrarilondon and sasam.. sorry to hear about your even longer wait.. this is really crazy. Have you 2 gotten your MP's involved yet?

raylibra
Newly Registered

10 year long stay ILR

Post by raylibra » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi

I have applied on 4th September 2010. Received letter of receipt on 7th Sept from Croydon which mentions that it would be sent to a case unit. Awaiting reply. I have not contacted anybody but reading this forum gives me mixed reactions. Some getting in 10 weeks and some waiting almost for a year. I have been working uninterruptedly in NHS now for 10 years and 4 years in work permit and still with 2 years work permit left in my visa. Why should it take so long ?

shafmsn
Newly Registered

Post by shafmsn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:18 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:friend is waiting for 42 weeks no suitable answer from HO. Only ur application is under review we will let you know the outcome
15 months no reply at all . i wrote 4 letters . 2 by MP 2 by soliciter,

what can i say about your delay. i am the one on top of the waiting time.......

i am thinking to go court regarding this delay. no HR for HO

shafmsn
Newly Registered

Re: Where is the justice?

Post by shafmsn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:A friend of mine informed me just now that after waiting for his indefinite visa application since December 2010 more than 10 months, he finally lost his patience and rang home office today. Surprise surprise a lady told him that she cant give any details of the outcome i.e what is the status whether its with case worker or not . All you have to do is wait and HO will contact you.
He applied through Solicitors and they are not doing much, they just email HO every 2 weeks and HO dont send them any reply.

He was so frustrated and was telling me this is against human rights as he feels like being locked up in prison and cant go anywhere. What shall he do any advise before this poor guy goes completely insane
i know this is against HR but you cant talk HR to HO there are such a .........
anyway my friend got after 17 months unbelivable.
only you can do, think something else after u recive your passport.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:24 am

Good Morning everyone!!! Today Alhamdulilah, by the grace of God I have recieved my passport back with ILR stamped in Liverpool :) It took nearly 7.5 months, as well as a letter from my lawyer, then a letter from my MP. I sincerely wish everyone here who is waiting, a successful outcome very soon

sasam
Newly Registered

Post by sasam » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:53 pm

zeddie wrote:Good Morning everyone!!! Today Alhamdulilah, by the grace of God I have recieved my passport back with ILR stamped in Liverpool :) It took nearly 7.5 months, as well as a letter from my lawyer, then a letter from my MP. I sincerely wish everyone here who is waiting, a successful outcome very soon
Many Congratulations

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by powershower » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:04 pm

zeddie wrote:Good Morning everyone!!! Today Alhamdulilah, by the grace of God I have recieved my passport back with ILR stamped in Liverpool :) It took nearly 7.5 months, as well as a letter from my lawyer, then a letter from my MP. I sincerely wish everyone here who is waiting, a successful outcome very soon
Many Congratulations

raylibra
Newly Registered

Post by raylibra » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

I got a packet today from HO Liverpool with a packet with my documents back without passport that a decision has been made and would be informed soon about it. I dont know what would come next. This is the 10th week after my application.Any ideas

bakumba84
Newly Registered

Post by bakumba84 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi guys,

Been reading the forum so thought I'd share my experience:

Applied through a lawyer, went to see him on the 11th, passport sent either on 11/08 or 12/08.

Received letter from UKBA dated 13/08. Money taken a couple of days after that.

ILR stamped 11/11. Passport picked up 15/11 from lawyer.

So total time around 3 months.

Application route: 6 years student, 1 year international graduate programme, 3 years work permit.

Nationality is Sudanese so not known for speedy applications! Looks like the HO is speeding up applications though, which is what I've also heard from my lawyer.

Good luck to everyone else!