ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English requirement for dependent. Anyone Please ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nix89
Newly Registered

New English requirement for dependent. Anyone Please ?

Post by nix89 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

I just want to know that i'm going to apply for my wife who is in Pakistan as a dependent of me.

As the rule changings on 29-Nov-2010 and they adding the requirements of English test must in the dependent visa.

In their Guidance, its not clear if we have a post study work visa and our dependent wants to join us. does she have to do the english test as well ?

Or is it just for the Tier 1 (General).

All the answers will be highly appreciated.

Please if you have the right information, do share as it can help so many people like me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ivanhoe
Newly Registered

Post by ivanhoe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:51 pm

no, your partner doesnt need to pass any english test. It is not required for tier 1 dependent application.