ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLICATION REJECTED 2ND TIME FROM INDIA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guaravd

APPLICATION REJECTED 2ND TIME FROM INDIA

Post by guaravd » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 am

Kindly find ECO's Comments:
You have claimed 30points on your income for the period 01.08.09 to 31.07.10. You are required to show to pieces of evidence from two difference sources to corroborate your income. You have submitted the following documents:
• Payslips from xyz company from Aug 2009 to July 2010
• ICICI bank statement covering the same period
• Letter from chartered accountant

The net pay indicated on your pay slips is not reflected in your bank statement. Your pay slips for July 2010 indicates net payment of Rs.45000; however, your bank statements indicate a payment of only Rs.35000. Your pay slip of June 2010 indicates a payment of Rs.35300; however, your bank statement indicates a payment of Rs.37600. Such discrepancies occur throughout the 01.08.09 to 31.07.10 period

According to published guidance, letter from your accountant must be on headed paper and must confirm gross and net pay for the period claimed. The letter should also give the break down of salary, dividends, profits, tax credits and dates of net payment earned. If the earnings are share of net profit of the company, the letter should also explain this. Your accountant must be either fully qualified chartered accountant or certified accountants who are members of registered body such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc. You have not provided the requisite information nor have you shown that your accountant or certified accountant is a member of registered body.
You have not therefore submitted two pieces of evidence which corroborate your earnings. I have therefore awarded you 0 points.

I have shown income from 2 sources one as a salaried income and other as individual contractor.

Salary:
In India you work for entier 1month and then your salary gets credited in your bank account in next month. Same happens with me, i have worked for the month of July and my salary for July gets credited in my bank account in the month of August but the payslips which are issued will be for the month of July. Now the ECO refered to my salary slip for the month of July and the net amount on that salary slip was Rs. 45000 which reflected in my bank statement in the month August. But the ECO refered to the bank statement for the month of July which showed salary credit of June hence the amount mismatched due to which he rejected the application and awarded 0 points

Freelancer (Individual Contractor)
Now, i issued a letter from a chartered account. It was on his letter head. It also beared stamp, sign & logo of my C.A. The stamp also has the membership number of my C.A
The letter also showed break down of my gross and net earnings from my salary & income as a contractor for the period claimed.

My Query:
1) Does the ECO is not aware of the fact that the salary for the current month gets credited in the bank account in next month.
2) Since i submitted letter from a C.A how do one can prove that he is a certified Chartered Accountant as his letter head already reflects the he is a C.A with his membership number.

Note: This is the second time i have applied for tier1 and to my surprise i was successfully awarded points on the same piece of documents (SALARY SLIPS & CA CERTIFICATE) at the very first time. The only reason my application was rejected earlier was due to income claimed outside 12 months period.
HOW COULD THEY AWARD 0 POINTS FOR THE DOCUMENTS TO WHICH THEY HAVE SUCCESSFULLY AWARDED POINTS EARLIER. ITS REALLY STRANGE !!

MODERATORS & SENIOR MEMBERS PLEASE COMMENT & GUIDE

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:57 am

Does your claim for previous earnings( so that you qualify for a Tier 1) dependent on both salaried and freelance work.

If it is just dependent on the salaried part, the you can file an AR and it would be overturned without doubt!

Highlight the same what you have mentioned including a letter having a table showing
a. stating the month of pay and
b. date of credit in salaried account
for the 12 month period.

The latter part of your question can be answered by other experts on this forum. However you will definitely get points for your salaried income!
Thanks,
Sumit.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 am

neosumit wrote:Does your claim for previous earnings( so that you qualify for a Tier 1) dependent on both salaried and freelance work.

If it is just dependent on the salaried part, the you can file an AR and it would be overturned without doubt!

Highlight the same what you have mentioned including a letter having a table showing
a. stating the month of pay and
b. date of credit in salaried account
for the 12 month period.

The latter part of your question can be answered by other experts on this forum. However you will definitely get points for your salaried income!
yes sumit, the claim from my previous earnings to qualify for tier1 depends on both salary & freelance work

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi,

Any more comments from moderators and senior members

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: APPLICATION REJECTED 2ND TIME FROM INDIA

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 am

guaravd wrote:In India you work for entier 1month and then your salary gets credited in your bank account in next month.
Not necessarily! There are employers who pay salary in the same month, some even credit salary to employees on the 15th day of the month (that's 15 days salary in advance).

So unless bank statements reflects "salary for month", the fact that your salary for a given month was deposited / credited in the subsequent month should have been highlighted in the application.

regards

guaravd

Re: APPLICATION REJECTED 2ND TIME FROM INDIA

Post by guaravd » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:14 am

sushdmehta wrote:
guaravd wrote:In India you work for entier 1month and then your salary gets credited in your bank account in next month.
Not necessarily! There are employers who pay salary in the same month, some even credit salary to employees on the 15th day of the month (that's 15 days salary in advance).

So unless bank statements reflects "salary for month", the fact that your salary for a given month was deposited / credited in the subsequent month should have been highlighted in the application.

regards
But sushdmehta, my concern is that earlier i was awarded points for same bank statement and salary slips? Only difference between the documents between the previous and current application is the "date of issuance".

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:21 am

It shows that the caseworker assigned to your first application had to figure it out for you (which he/she wasn't supposed to but did you a favour), and you were lucky that he/she did not reject you for the "discrepancy" not made clear by the applicant (you).

All I am trying to explain to you is that your notion that "all" Indian employers pay salary as arrears (in next month) is not true.

regards

dlight
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dlight » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:45 am

Did your accountant receive verification call from Embassy? I think they are supposed to talk to your accountant in case they need to confirm that which body they are registered to?

Also, did your employer receive the call. I think, a verification call to your company's HR would have solved the problem?

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Friends,

Moreoever, I would like to know what is that figure UK Border agency looks for.. Total Earning(Inclusive of deduction like PF, Income Tax etc.) or just the figure in our Bank Statement?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:09 pm

pravinsangwan wrote:Hi Friends,

Moreoever, I would like to know what is that figure UK Border agency looks for.. Total Earning(Inclusive of deduction like PF, Income Tax etc.) or just the figure in our Bank Statement?
Total Earnings
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

guaravd

Re: Refusal Overturned in AR

Post by guaravd » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:39 am

guaravd wrote:Kindly find ECO's Comments:
You have claimed 30points on your income for the period 01.08.09 to 31.07.10. You are required to show to pieces of evidence from two difference sources to corroborate your income. You have submitted the following documents:
• Payslips from xyz company from Aug 2009 to July 2010
• ICICI bank statement covering the same period
• Letter from chartered accountant

The net pay indicated on your pay slips is not reflected in your bank statement. Your pay slips for July 2010 indicates net payment of Rs.45000; however, your bank statements indicate a payment of only Rs.35000. Your pay slip of June 2010 indicates a payment of Rs.35300; however, your bank statement indicates a payment of Rs.37600. Such discrepancies occur throughout the 01.08.09 to 31.07.10 period

According to published guidance, letter from your accountant must be on headed paper and must confirm gross and net pay for the period claimed. The letter should also give the break down of salary, dividends, profits, tax credits and dates of net payment earned. If the earnings are share of net profit of the company, the letter should also explain this. Your accountant must be either fully qualified chartered accountant or certified accountants who are members of registered body such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc. You have not provided the requisite information nor have you shown that your accountant or certified accountant is a member of registered body.
You have not therefore submitted two pieces of evidence which corroborate your earnings. I have therefore awarded you 0 points.

I have shown income from 2 sources one as a salaried income and other as individual contractor.

Salary:
In India you work for entier 1month and then your salary gets credited in your bank account in next month. Same happens with me, i have worked for the month of July and my salary for July gets credited in my bank account in the month of August but the payslips which are issued will be for the month of July. Now the ECO refered to my salary slip for the month of July and the net amount on that salary slip was Rs. 45000 which reflected in my bank statement in the month August. But the ECO refered to the bank statement for the month of July which showed salary credit of June hence the amount mismatched due to which he rejected the application and awarded 0 points

Freelancer (Individual Contractor)
Now, i issued a letter from a chartered account. It was on his letter head. It also beared stamp, sign & logo of my C.A. The stamp also has the membership number of my C.A
The letter also showed break down of my gross and net earnings from my salary & income as a contractor for the period claimed.

My Query:
1) Does the ECO is not aware of the fact that the salary for the current month gets credited in the bank account in next month.
2) Since i submitted letter from a C.A how do one can prove that he is a certified Chartered Accountant as his letter head already reflects the he is a C.A with his membership number.

Note: This is the second time i have applied for tier1 and to my surprise i was successfully awarded points on the same piece of documents (SALARY SLIPS & CA CERTIFICATE) at the very first time. The only reason my application was rejected earlier was due to income claimed outside 12 months period.
HOW COULD THEY AWARD 0 POINTS FOR THE DOCUMENTS TO WHICH THEY HAVE SUCCESSFULLY AWARDED POINTS EARLIER. ITS REALLY STRANGE !!

MODERATORS & SENIOR MEMBERS PLEASE COMMENT & GUIDE
I applied for AR on 14th Oct and i received an email from AR team on 4th Nov confirming that the refusal is overturned and now the entry clearance will be granted. They have asked me to forward my passport to VFS to attach the Visa.

I have submitted my passport to VFS 2days before and keeping my finger crossed hoping to receive my visa soon

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:02 pm

This again highlights how the UKBA officials are inept at decision making.

Getting a Visa through an AR should be for less than 5% of the cases, but according to 2009's data, UKBA have overturned refusal for 20% of rejected applicants.

People who have got rejected and know that they their application is correct as per the guidelines must apply for AR and not file 2nd application.

For UKBA, this is a very lucrative business!

Guarav, Congarts!!
Thanks,
Sumit.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:20 am

neosumit wrote:This again highlights how the UKBA officials are inept at decision making.

Getting a Visa through an AR should be for less than 5% of the cases, but according to 2009's data, UKBA have overturned refusal for 20% of rejected applicants.

People who have got rejected and know that they their application is correct as per the guidelines must apply for AR and not file 2nd application.

For UKBA, this is a very lucrative business!

Guarav, Congarts!!
Thanks neosumit. And i totally agree with you.