ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Citizen moving to live and work Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fergusm
Newly Registered

EU Citizen moving to live and work Germany

Post by fergusm » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:12 am

I am an Irish citizen living in the UK and am going to move to Germany with my job. I have been living with my Belarusian girlfriend for just over a year in London and want to bring her with me. She currently has a UK student visa.

I see that spouses of EU citizens are granted visas for Germany but I cannot find any information for unmarried partners. Any advice much appreciated!

JAJ
Australia

Re: EU Citizen moving to live and work Germany

Post by JAJ » Sat May 27, 2006 7:05 pm

fergusm wrote:I am an Irish citizen living in the UK and am going to move to Germany with my job. I have been living with my Belarusian girlfriend for just over a year in London and want to bring her with me. She currently has a UK student visa.

I see that spouses of EU citizens are granted visas for Germany but I cannot find any information for unmarried partners. Any advice much appreciated!

Have you thought about staying in the UK long enough to allow your girlfriend to become a British citizen? It's likely to be a long time before she would be able to get a German passport if you move there.