ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what happens if I spend more than 3 months in 5 years?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

what happens if I spend more than 3 months in 5 years?

Post by gulgon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:17 pm

I might need to travel a lot in future due to my job and I will probably be away from the UK more than 3 months within 5 years (which is required for ILR). but i will keep my employment ties with the uk, i mean uk employer might send me to many conferences (3-4 conferences a year)

do you think this would create trouble in future to get ILR?

neilroy

Post by neilroy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:01 am

It has to be approx 3 months each year not 3months in 5years. Even if you exceed this you can get a letter from your employer explaining the situation to the home office( I have been in the same boat) and they will certianly look into it from own experience.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:07 am

I beg to differ. It is 3 months in total in 5 years. However, many people have got ILR even with 1 year total gap. It all depends on caseworker and how you explain your gap. For employment purpose, it should be ok.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:52 am

rg1 wrote:I beg to differ. It is 3 months in total in 5 years. However, many people have got ILR even with 1 year total gap. It all depends on caseworker and how you explain your gap. For employment purpose, it should be ok.
Can you please specify where you get your 3 months in 5 years information???
Where there is a will there is a way.