ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundancy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Redundancy

Post by Xanadu » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi - any info anyone has on redundancy in ireland ? I am on a stamp 4 here and have been handed out a letter stating that due to cost cutbacks I will no longer be employed in another 2 weeks. Can I claim redundancy (Ihave been working for them a little over 2 years) ?
thanks

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:00 pm

you will get 2 weeks salary (no more than 600 euros/week) for every year you worked and another one week bonus. but you have to be working for them for more than 2 years to get this payment.
peace on you

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Post by Xanadu » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi - thanks for ur reply... I have worked for them continuously for the past 27 months. I have 1 more week left working here, but they havent mentioned anything about redundancy yet (I dont think that they will), what are my next steps to claim this. Thanks so much for your help

frankcesca
Newly Registered

Post by frankcesca » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Check out www.deti.ie. It explains everything in detail and relatively clearly.

(from one who's going through the same thing!)