ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kabuki
United States of America

EEA2 Application Questions

Post by kabuki » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi! I'm putting my EEA2 applications together. I have a few questions, and I hope someone is able to help.

1. My EEA Family Permit expires on the 15th January. I have plans to travel back to Ireland with my partner for Christmas and will be returning to England on 4th Jan. Should I submit the application now with a letter requesting my passport back immediately, or should I wait and submit my application after the holidays? If I submit it after the holidays, am I still legally resident even without the COA?

2. My partner was freelancing in Ireland before we made the move. She has been finishing up work here whilst looking for a job. However, finding a job is taking longer than expected, but she has received lots of interest from companies wanting to contract her for freelance work. If we submit the application now, she would be self-employed. I'm a full-time PGCE student. If she is self-employed, do we both need private health insurance, or just her? As I'm paying international fees as a full-time student, I shouldn't need it as international students are entitled to NHS. Is this right? Will this stand even in this situation? Even as self-employed she will be paying the Class 2 NI, does this have to be paid before the application to count? I'm a little lost here, so I hope someone can help. We would expect the taxable income to be rather low after deductions.

3. There is a bit of a difference between the date on my EEA Family Permit and my actual entry date. I applied for my permit on-line in Ireland and said we would enter the UK on the 15th July; however, things were delayed as the place we found wasn't available until the 1st Aug, so we didn't arrive until the 10th Aug. Which date should I put down as the date of entry on the application form? I assume the the family permit expiration date would be 6 months from the date on the permit.

Any help/advice is welcomed. Thanks!

alejandrouk

Post by alejandrouk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:10 pm

1. I have traveled with my FP which is about to expire and they only asked if my partner was traveling with me or if I am coming to join her. I traveled alone so I was coming back to join her. They pointed out that the permit is about to expire and I explained that I am summiting my application during the following days.

2. Don't know, hopefully someone else here will.

3. Your date of entry is when you arrived to the UK. That being said in the FP says clearly from when your permit expires.