ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaas

Post by jaas » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:19 pm

congrates chd_boy....I also sent my application for extension on 10th April. I am also waiting for ...good news ...Today I called workpermits office ...and they told me that my case is still waiting in queue ....!!!

Hoping to see the passports by end of this week ...if not then by early next week .....!!!

technician

Post by technician » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:29 am

Hello,

I posted my file vis special delivery on 19/04/2006.

Any one received passport back please post on the form posting date and the receiving date. So that others can compare of theirs.

Thanks

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

ind1
Newly Registered

extention for 4 years

Post by ind1 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I got extention for 4 years. I sent my application on 8th April and received passports and all other documents today with 4 years extension.(Visa is expiring on 7th June 06) Thanks to immigrationboards.com team and the immigrationboard members.

Docuements submitted are;
1. Covering Letter.
2. Application for FLR(IED)
3. Passports for self and dependents.
4. Employment Contract.
5. Payslips for 7 months.
6. Driving License
7. Child's Birth certificate.
8. Marriage Certificate.
9. Special Delivery envelop.
10. Police registration Certificate for self.
11. HSMP Approval letter.
12. Bank statements for current and savings accounts.
13.Letters received regarding jobs requirement and interviews from different companies

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:58 pm

Hello Everybody!

I got my 4 years extension. Time frame is

Papers sent: 11-04-06
Fee Deducted: 12-04-06
Stamped Passports: 21-04-06

I just need to ask something out of curiosity. What happen after 4 years time? Do we've to apply for Indefinite leave for remain (ILR)? Is there any fee associated with it? And after how many time we can apply for British passport?

Rgds,
Gunda

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:27 pm

I just need to ask something out of curiosity. What happen after 4 years time? Do we've to apply for Indefinite leave for remain (ILR)? Is there any fee associated with it? And after how many time we can apply for British passport?
Yes once you spend 1+4 years you should be able to apply for ILR. There is a fee associated with it just as there is a fee for FLR. You need to spend a year on ILR before you can apply for naturalisation and its after naturalisation that you can apply for a passport.

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:38 pm

Wazir,

Thnx for your reply mate. If you can tell me what is fee for ILR and my baby born here. I assume that I can apply for his passport when i get ILR or I've to wait till naturalisation?

Rgds,
Gunda

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:18 pm

mundaGunda wrote:Wazir,

Thnx for your reply mate. If you can tell me what is fee for ILR and my baby born here. I assume that I can apply for his passport when i get ILR or I've to wait till naturalisation?

Rgds,
Gunda
Once you get your ILR you dont automatically apply for the baby's passport, you need to register first. Please do a search on General UK Immigration forum. These topics have been extensively discussed there and this particular thread is related to HSMP extensions.

technician

IS police registration Certificate necessary

Post by technician » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:08 am

Hello,

Is it necessary to send the ploice registration certificate??

It is written in the last page of FLR(IED) form that Attach the police registration certificate if you have been asked to register.

Please help I am very much worried about the extension

TECH

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:12 am

Attach the police registration certificate if you have been asked to register.
Have you been asked to register with the Police? That will depend upon your nationality.

If you have not been asked to register with the Police, well there will not be a Police Registration Certificate to attach, will there.
John

technician

Not asked to register with the police

Post by technician » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:24 pm

Thanks John,

Thanks very much. I am from INDIA and not never been asked to register with the police.

I posted my FLR(IED) on 19/4 via special delivery and till 24/04 12:30 pm the money from my credit card has not been deducted.

I phoned the the WP and asked if there is any problem with the payment, the courteous soft spoken officer at the other end told that the payment will be deducted tomorrow on 25/04. till then I have to wait and watch.

This is the latest with my FLR(IED).

TECH

jaas

Today Received my HSMP extension

Post by jaas » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi All,

First I'd like to say thanks all who helped me to achieve this milestone.

Finally today I received my 4 years hsmp extensions. I sent my application on 10th April and received passports and all other documents today.

Documents submitted ::

01. Cover letter
02. FLR (IED) Application form
03. Original HSMP Approval Letter
04. 3 Passports (including my wife and newborn son’s passports)
05. Passport size photographs
06. Payslips for the period from Jun 2005 to date.
07. Bank Statements for the period from Jun 2005 to date (only current account).
08. Original marriage certificate
09. My Son’s Original Full Birth Certificate
10. Council Tax Bill
11. Tenant Agreement
12. Appointment Letter.
13. Employment Contract.
14. Continuity of Employment letter.
15. Pre-paid Next Day Delivery Envelope

Thanks
jaas

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:44 pm

congrats. thanx everyone for the updates. good to know the fast processing.

i will be filing soon (hsmp expires mid june). will update all.

cheers

b007
Newly Registered

Got 4 years extension today!!!!

Post by b007 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi All,
I sent my application for extension on 10th April as my visa is valid till 10th June 2006 only. I got my documents back today with 4 years extension.

I didn't send my employers contract letter as I was switching my job at the time of applying and I just attached new offer letter which has been given by my new employer again its not full offer letter. apart from this I produced all the necessary docs like last 10 months pay slips,bank statements etc etc...

I really thank one and all who helped me in getting clarifications to all my queries right from applying HSMP visa.......

May be I wouldnt have applied or taken risk had this website was not there!!!!!!

OneTen
Newly Registered

Fee for couple applying for 4 year extension

Post by OneTen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi All

1. My one year HSMP visa is expiring on 10 July 2006. Can I apply now for 4 year extension now.

2. I am married. Do I need to make two visa extension applications with fee 335 Pounds for each of us or one application and one fee is required to be submitted. Thanks for your quick help.

Best regards
OneTen

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:39 am

I applied for FLR on 12 April, one month before my current leave expired. I received my extension approval today through 21 Apr 2010, which is more than three years, but leaves me three weeks shy of being eligible for ILR when it expires. Annoying, but I will worry about it in 2010, not now.

sandeepsomu
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepsomu » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:07 am

Thanks for the Update. you said you will be short of 3 weeks for your ILR lateron in 2010. so thing clicked in my head to ask, did you get less then 4 years of extension becoz you applied too much before orr is there any other reason. your response will eliminate lots of peoples worries here.
thanks in advance

lynn132 wrote:I applied for FLR on 12 April, one month before my current leave expired. I received my extension approval today through 21 Apr 2010, which is more than three years, but leaves me three weeks shy of being eligible for ILR when it expires. Annoying, but I will worry about it in 2010, not now.

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:41 am

Hi

My leave is expiring on 1 July and I was thinking to send it in 1st week of May, should I or not? I read that they accept 2 months before expiry but I dont want to be short of 2 months for ILR...

I read on this forum that visa do not overlap and it should start from the day when current visa expires.... Your case seems to go opposite to this... Any comments?

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:23 am

I sent my flr-ied with documents (Passport, passport photos, payslips since august, bankstatements since august, etc) on April 8th. My EC expired on April 13th. I got my documents back on the 20th with a letter saying that they were unable to take the payment from my credit card, and i had to reapply within 28 days.
I re-sent the package on the next day(21st), with a different credit card number. The fee was taken out on the 25th, and my documents have been sent back today (27th) with the extension - 4 years.

Thanks y'all, it's all nice and dandy!!!
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:33 am

sandeepsomu wrote:Thanks for the Update. you said you will be short of 3 weeks for your ILR lateron in 2010. so thing clicked in my head to ask, did you get less then 4 years of extension becoz you applied too much before orr is there any other reason. your response will eliminate lots of peoples worries here.
thanks in advance

lynn132 wrote:I applied for FLR on 12 April, one month before my current leave expired. I received my extension approval today through 21 Apr 2010, which is more than three years, but leaves me three weeks shy of being eligible for ILR when it expires. Annoying, but I will worry about it in 2010, not now.
No, I applied exactly one month before my current leave expired. It says on the extension approval letter that I will have to apply for FLR again.

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:34 pm

I just called WP team and the person told me that I can apply for FLR no more than 2 months before expiry of my current visa, so I can apply anytime next month...

Further I asked him from when my visa would start? he said from the day my existing visa expires, no matter I apply 8 weeks in advance or 5 weeks in advance...

For your case you better contact them and ask them to correct the validity date of your FLR Visa
lynn132 wrote:
I applied for FLR on 12 April, one month before my current leave expired. I received my extension approval today through 21 Apr 2010, which is more than three years, but leaves me three weeks shy of being eligible for ILR when it expires. Annoying, but I will worry about it in 2010, not now.

OneTen
Newly Registered

Post by OneTen » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:13 pm

Rex and Lynn132

I have spoken today to general enquiry WP(UK) and I was informed that the extension visa will start from the date of approval of extension instaed of from the date of expiry of current LTR. The reason given is that they have endorsing stamp for each day to be stamped on all the cases approved on that date and they cant move that date for a future date for each individual passport.

Regards
OneTen

Junior0300

date vs duration

Post by Junior0300 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:54 pm

However, they can grant four years and few days visa just to sum up 5 years in total.

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:56 pm

OneTen

I also called today but I was told the opposite as I have stated already. I think they do not know themselves what they are supposed to do.

Well I too called the number which is stated at the end of FLR Application guidance notes.

Moderators please calrify

Junior0300

mention it in your request letter

Post by Junior0300 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:57 pm

An applicant should mention it in his request letter that to complete his 5 years he should get visa untill ... lets say 27/04/2010 if his one year extension is expiring today.

Or may be its too simple and logical

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 pm

OneTen wrote:Rex and Lynn132

I have spoken today to general enquiry WP(UK) and I was informed that the extension visa will start from the date of approval of extension instaed of from the date of expiry of current LTR. The reason given is that they have endorsing stamp for each day to be stamped on all the cases approved on that date and they cant move that date for a future date for each individual passport.

Regards
OneTen
Not true. My own EC visa expired on the 13th of April, and I just got my extension on the 26th, yet it also expires on the 13th of April 2010.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903