ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:52 pm

You got ILR issued in less than 2 wks. wow, thats phenomenal. Congrats.

ranu.srivastava
Newly Registered

ILR Receieved Question

Post by ranu.srivastava » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Finally done with ILR (5 weeks time 5aug to 10sep) but I've one question,Somewhere on this forum i read that they send a back dated letter indicating when the ILR clock actually starts ie in my case i entered uk on say 15th Jan 2006(HSMP approved in 2005 so applied under Judicial review policy) & got my ILR on 10th Sept 2010,so technically speaking i should be able to apply for citizenship around 15th jan 11 if Home office gives me a back dated letter stating ILR clock starts from jan OR will I have to really wait till sept-11 to apply for Citizenship.
Does anyone has format of such letter OR what to ask in such Back dated letter on ILR?Would you care to share please.Help!
:?:

sairishlass
Newly Registered

Post by sairishlass » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Well OH has finally received his ILR and about time too :D!! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting.

2difficult
Newly Registered

Post by 2difficult » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:21 pm

This site has been very useful to me and I just wanted to post my waiting times:

I filed a Set(M) with 0 dependents

Mailed application: September 8th 2010
Acknowledgment Letter Dated September 9th 2010 (received it on the 13th)
Money (cheque) taken out: September 15th 2010
Received ILR: September 27th 2010

So 2 1/2 weeks roughly.

And while it shouldn't matter, I would like to add that I am a white American and my husband is also white and British. Again it shouldn't matter, but I know people are probably curious.

sairishlass
Newly Registered

Post by sairishlass » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Wow 2difficult that sure was very quick.

I'm sure it doesn't make a different in what race/colour the people are who are applying for ILR - for example my husband is a white South African and I am white and British and it still took a good 6 months for his ILR to be approved :)

Kartt_in
Newly Registered

Work permit status

Post by Kartt_in » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:21 am

Hi,

I am working in UK for 5 yrs -
2 yrs 1 empolyer and
3 yrs with current empolyer.

All these period I was holding Work permit visa.

I applied my ILR in 25th July 2010, can someone suggest when can i get approximately.

Applied date: 25 / 07 / 2010
Acknowledgement received Date: 29 / 07 / 2010

I attached all needed documents including my P60's.

Its almost 11 weeks and iam still waiting for my ILR stamped.

Thanks
K

Markie

Re: Work permit status

Post by Markie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:19 am

probably another 2-4 weeks? there is so much variability in terms of timing... just hang in there...others had the agony of waiting for >6 months...
Kartt_in wrote:Hi,

I am working in UK for 5 yrs -
2 yrs 1 empolyer and
3 yrs with current empolyer.

All these period I was holding Work permit visa.

I applied my ILR in 25th July 2010, can someone suggest when can i get approximately.

Its almost 11 weeks and iam still waiting for my ILR stamped.

Thanks
K

Henrycat10
Newly Registered

ILR (JR 4 years) based on HSMP - no dependents

Post by Henrycat10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Thanks everyone who posted on this forum. I have been reading with interest whilst waiting for my own ILR approval. The wait is finally over for me, as I received my ILR today in the post and all documents returned. Just wanted to post my dates, to give others hope that is IS coming....(eventually!)

Application for SET(O) ILR JR (4 years) from HSMP - zero dependents
Sent postal application - 28th August 2010
Received by HO and payment taken - 31st August 2010
Acknowledgment letter dated (31st August) and received by me 1st Sept
ILR issued and documents received back - 19th October 2010 (back dated to 28th January 2010 (as that was when my 4 years was up)

So 7 weeks exactly from when the HO received it and took payment.

One thing I was disappointed about was that it was returned with the brown envelope all ripped down one side (quite lucky the passport and other docs didn't fall out and get lost!!) - clearly not strong enough! Especially that it contains such important documents, you would think the HO would be more careful or use better quality packaging.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

mmhiqbal
Newly Registered

Is it possible to get back your passport for emergency

Post by mmhiqbal » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm

I am just wondering whether it would be possible to get back the passport for emergency purpose after applying the ILR? Please share any similar experiences.
Thanks

devet
Newly Registered

Post by devet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello,

Still waiting for ILR decision.

Application Type: SET(O) 5 yr WP
Mailed (Special Delivery): 30 Sept 2010
Funds Withdrawn (Had Used Maestro Card): 01 Oct 2010 (funds allocated by bank in response to UKBA request) 04 Oct 2010 (funds actually removed from account)
Ack Letter: Rec'd 20 Oct 2010, but dated 01 Oct 2010!

Case decision still pending.

All the best for everyone,

Pamela

Markie

Re: Is it possible to get back your passport for emergency

Post by Markie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 pm

if you want your passport back whilst in the processing of ILR appli...kiss your £££ goodbye. it is clearly stated in the UKBA website that no refunds will be given when you retrieve your passport and they consider it as ILR application withdrawal.
mmhiqbal wrote:I am just wondering whether it would be possible to get back the passport for emergency purpose after applying the ILR? Please share any similar experiences.
Thanks

RoosterNZ
Newly Registered

RoosterNZ congratulations mate..

Post by RoosterNZ » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Murat wrote:RoosterNZ congratulations mate..
If you could also tell us where your visa was issued and under which category you apllied that would be useful.. Assuming that you got it that fast you should have applied under either SET (Z) or SET(Y) category and visa must have been issued either in Kent or Hull !!!
Not sure if this reply will work properly, and I do apologise for taking this long to reply.

It was issued from the Leeds office, and I applied under Form Set M
Unmarried partner.

I was scekptical at first as well seeing as it took so little time, but opened the parcel I signed for and it was there.

i had been chasing them for clarifacation of a few points on the website that my works legal team was having issues with, and then from out of nowhere got my passport back.

Kartt_in
Newly Registered

Post by Kartt_in » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Still no sign of my passport. I applied my ILR on 25th July 2010

Not sure what's going on...need to travel to india on an urgent basis.

Its 14th week now and nothing yet.... :(

Walksox
Newly Registered

Post by Walksox » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Has anybody had any experience with urgent withdrawl of application and if so how long did it take??

I need passport to travel for a funeral, and if i don't get it back in the next day or two it will be too late.

my timeline -

sent ILR SET(O) 9/08/2010
acknowledgement letter dated 10/08/2010
Payment not taken to date (anyone else had this?!)
requested passport urgently by phone 01/11/2010
anxiously Waiting

phoned again to try and check on progress - all i wanted was to be told if it had been sent or maybe be given a tracking number so that i could track it myself - but instead the person i spoke to treated me like a piece of dirt on her shoe.

jmaroc
Newly Registered

Post by jmaroc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello Walksox

The turn-around for sending withdrawn passports back is 15 working days (ie up to 3 weeks), so sadly I don't think you will have anything soon.

There is nothing you can do - we are completely in UK Border's hands.

Good luck with everything.

M

Walksox
Newly Registered

Post by Walksox » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:10 pm

thanks jmaroc

when i phoned to withdraw the application, the person on the phone did say normally 15 days but that she had put urgent on it so it should be quicker - but couldn't give me any indication of when.

as a back stop i got in touch with my home countries embassy and they can issue me with an emergency temporary passport in 1 hour. so if it isn't in tomorrow's post i will be doing that tomorrow afternoon, then flying in the evening. what a stress.

then i will phone up UKBA and try to cancel my withdrawl.

if i can't cancel, what happens if it arrives when i am gone, and i do not collect it from royal mail in time before they return to sender???

umeyad
Newly Registered

Post by umeyad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi. Success on my ILR for set-M application.

Timeline:
10 Aug: sent application
11 Aug: dated acknowledge letter
11 Aug: payment failed (UKBA nor my bank informed me but by sheer coincidence I read some posts here and phone the bank just in case-how lucky I was!!)
10 Sept: payment taken
1 Nov: residence permit stamped from liverpool

7 weeks since payment taken
11 weeks since application sent

I don't think ethnicity or country of origin matters, just in case anyone wondering i'm from an arab country.

P.s we only sent doc needed, nothing extra and a covering letter.

BGSmith
Newly Registered

Post by BGSmith » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi folks,

Just been reading a couple of your posts,I have a quick question for you guys that have received your ILR.

I sent my app in at the beginning of october 2010, as with everyone, I received a confirmation letter soon afterward. Just today, 8th November 2010, I received a letter with all of my supporting documents but no passports? The letter reads something like:

Please find your docs with this letter, we have made a decision and you will receive the decision along with your important documents soon.

Now my concern is whether or not this is normal? I mean, I see that most of you folks received your docs along with your stamp. Has anyone heard of this before? Surely if I was denied or successful I would have received everything at once?

Any advice/help would be appreciatted.

B

devet
Newly Registered

Post by devet » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi B,

I do not know from personal experience, but posts from other users suggest that this is bog standard. At least you received a letter in with your documents, some people seem don't seem to get even that much!

All the best,

Pamela

BGSmith
Newly Registered

Post by BGSmith » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:38 pm

I thought so too, maybe I am just getting a little confused. I gathered from the posts that everyone has received everything at one time. So its standard to receive the documents and then the passports later?

aa123

Post by aa123 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:40 pm

BG, what category were you applying for ILR?

trickortreat
Newly Registered

No acknowledgmet letter yet

Post by trickortreat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:07 am

Hi,

I posted this earlier this week but it has disappeared.

I have sent my 14 years application on Nov 1st, and still no acknowledgment letter.
Is this common practice?

Thanks in advance.

sanquhar2010
Newly Registered

Post by sanquhar2010 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 am

4 years work permit + one year T2 general
two dependants
submitted on 28/09/10.
confirmation letter received one week after.
waiting
Last edited by sanquhar2010 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good
Newly Registered

Re: No acknowledgmet letter yet

Post by Good » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:38 pm

trickortreat wrote:Hi,

I posted this earlier this week but it has disappeared.

I have sent my 14 years application on Nov 1st, and still no acknowledgment letter.
Is this common practice?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, check if the payment has gone through. If it has, then HO has received your paperwork. Not to worry. Acknowledgement letter can go missing in post. You can also check on royalmail website under "track your item". This will tell you when your item was delivered. Keep this number safe. If you do not receive the ack letter, you may need this tracking number while following up your case with the HO.
Just FYI - HO is taking 5-8 months to deal with ILR based on long residence stay.
Good Luck

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:21 am

Its been 7 weeks since I applied for ILR although I got a letter saying it could be upto 14 works please do not contact us etc should I still be concered seeing others got there ILR within 2 months of sending it away?

Thx.