ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Payment refused by bank 14 days ago

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umeyad
Newly Registered

URGENT: Payment refused by bank 14 days ago

Post by umeyad » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi all,

This is really urgent.

I send off my ILR on the 11th Aug.

Today, by chance, I read the problems of HSBC refusing transaction and the misery UKBA give.

I phoned the bank up and they said payment has been refused on 11Aug from Home Office - I am horrified!!!!!!!

I phoned them up but office closed at 4.30pm.

I will try tomorrrow - but I am so worried what if they send everything back already and deem me as overstayer. Surely 14 days is not too much?

Does anyone know what will happen now?

Shall I go to the Croydon PEO and pay them directly?

One person here said after four months they contacted them, I am lucky to find out my self after 14 days but that may be too late.

I did not apply with any solicitors just done everything my self.

Thanks

grantstevens
Newly Registered

Post by grantstevens » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I only heard about my case 4 months later. Refer to Payment Problem - ILR (Spouse)

If your visa is still valid, I would suggest you get your documents back immidiately and go for the same day service. Also suggest you do this through a solicitor as they should have slots available to them at short notice.

Please note that this is only my opinion based on personal circumstances however sure one of the moderators will give you a more accurate response as to what I have given you.

Good luck.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Just out of interest, which HSBC card did you use for the payment? Have heard similar probs from other people using their card.

I am applying ILR soon and my card is also from HSBC.

I am actually planning to submit a backup cheque just in case something like that happen.

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:30 am

To avoid card payment refusal...best to contact your bank and inform them that you will utilise your card for HOme office related transactions anytime soon. that way, they have been notified already.

tbbcuk wrote:Just out of interest, which HSBC card did you use for the payment? Have heard similar probs from other people using their card.

I am applying ILR soon and my card is also from HSBC.

I am actually planning to submit a backup cheque just in case something like that happen.

umeyad
Newly Registered

Post by umeyad » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:03 am

Hi,

My visa expired on 15 Aug, but sent application on Aug 11 (that was the earliest that I can send it)

In hindsight I should have phoned bank, send a cheque etc. but I didn't think of it - especially only a couple of months ago a made transaction worth about £1000 to estate agent. It was HSBC, and I am so annoyed with them - but it's not their fault, they have their fraud system in place.

I did phone the Croydon PEO, and as I expected they were as unhelpful as ever.

I phoned a few times just to make sure, one did finally give me the email (UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk) or write in to them and let them know.

Another one said they have a one step system, where they try it once and that's it, if it doesn't work they send it back, and said they cannot do anything unless it's been 14 weeks!!

So I guess I just can wait and see what happens now. :(

umeyad
Newly Registered

Post by umeyad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:50 am

UPDATE: I phoned the ii advisor as recommended by another user here and payment was taken, after he send a letter on my behalf.

Got my ILR last Friday! Thanks everyone :)

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Congratulations..

could you please share the documents you've supplied

umeyad
Newly Registered

Post by umeyad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks.

We enclosed:
1. SET(M) Application (with passport-sized photographs)
2. Passport (Mine and husbands - Original)
3. Financial Documents (3 x Bank Statement, 3 x Payslip - Originals)
4. Six Letters (5 x Joint letters, 2 x Individual Letters - Originals)
5. Photocopies of all articles in section (2), (3), and (4) - (including stamped pages in my passport).
6. Life in the UK pass certificate :D

chapsofc
BANNED

Same situation with me? plz help or advice?

Post by chapsofc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:37 pm

I sent my form on 1st Nov and they tried to take payment on 2nd Dec at 10:00 in morning, I didnt have sufficient funds in my account untill 14:30 and therefore payment refused.

So far I've not received any documents back from them neither any letter, upon asking my bank to check the logs they told him Home Office tried to take the payment and because I didnt have sufficient funds in my account payment got refused.

Can you please tell me what to do next, either they ar going to send me full application back with my passport and all the other documents or they just going to send a letter..

Any adivice will be very appriciated...

aa123

Post by aa123 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:48 pm

2nd dec? its only the 12th nov today?

chapsofc
BANNED

Sorry for error

Post by chapsofc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Sorry I mean I sent docs on 1st Nov and they attempt to take payment on 2nd Nov...

aa123

Post by aa123 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:15 pm

what category are you appying for ILR?
They will probably make another attempt to take the money at a later date, so just make sure you have the funds in there from now on.

chapsofc
BANNED

Re:

Post by chapsofc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:08 am

I applied for SET (M), I wish if that happens I will leave money there all the time.. thanks for advice...