ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is my Situation after my Wife became a British Citizen?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashrafman

what is my Situation after my Wife became a British Citizen?

Post by ashrafman » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi There
Thank you for your helpful Forume.
I am a non EEA family Member of EEA Member,

we got Married in 2007,

I got 5 years RC since 2008,

My wife Got now the PR because She has been here Since 2005,
she is qualified for a British Citizen in June 2011 (one year before I apply for the PR) and She will Lose Here EEA Nationality because Her Country Doesn't accept Dual Nationality.

what is my Situation Now?

will I be Switched automatically to the British Law or I will Still Under the EEA Law?

will I be qualified to apply for the British Citizen if my wife became a British Citizen Because I already lived in Uk More that 4 Years?

Please Help me.

Thanks

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 pm

I wouldn't risk it and I would suggest to ask your wife to wait for another year before applying for BC. I don't understand what's the rush for her because PR will give her the same right as BC except fro voting!

ashrafman

Post by ashrafman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:37 am

Hi Morpheo
thank you for your reply.

what kind of risk did you mean?

Regards

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm

If your wife becomes British and loses her EEA nationality then you will no longer be able to remain in the UK under the EU route as the 'non-EEA family member of a EU national'. You will need to leave the UK and reapply and pay for a UK spousal visa issued under UK immigration rules. This effectively resets your residence clock to zero.

On the other hand if your spouse waits until you qualify for PR then you can apply independently one year after you obtain (confirmation of) PR.

Capiche?