ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (G) Extension - Surname not mentioned on passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovnishs

Post by lovnishs » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Hello,

I am applying for my Tier-1 (G) extension. I normally use my full name for all the official communications like my Maintenance funds, Bank statements, Earning proof shows my full name(LOVNISH SHARMA) however my passport doesn't have surname mentioned on it. Surname is blank on my passport.

I applied last time in the same situation for my Tier-1 initial application and it got approved.

However, Do you think, My application can get rejected on the basis of surname not mentioned on my passport however it is mentioned on my bank statements.

Please could you advise asap as I need to file my application very soon.

Regards,

lovnishs

Post by lovnishs » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Hello,

PLease could anyone of you reply & share their knowledge or experience.

I really appreciate your any response...

Thanks

lovnishs

Re: Tier-1 (G) Extension - Surname not mentioned on passport

Post by lovnishs » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Personally, I feel this forum is loosing its quality and promptness...Just my feedback to member of standing or masters who manages this forum.

It was never before when we didnt get response to our queries. I always thought its a best forum where almost all the queries are answered relating visa applications...

However, Now I feel that its masters are too busy to reply for all the queries...Sometimes not even bothered to post a link of similar post...

I would have appreciated if anyone would have atleast posted a link where similar query was answered...

This is just my personal feeling and I just of communicating it...No complaints...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:13 am

There is a reason why the search function is available to all members. "Masters" also use the same function to provide a link in response to a post / query, so why not try for yourself!

And people will answer or suggest something if they have an answer to your query or a suggestion to make or a link to provide. No point in responding to a post when you ether don't have an answer or have no constructive suggestion to make! And learn to be patient when seeking help because people, as always, will only respond if and when they wish to.

No offence, just wanted to share that if you "demand" help rather than seek it people may be put off from responding to your posts / queries even if they have an answer.

IMHO ....

regards

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:56 am

lovnishs wrote:Personally, I feel this forum is loosing its quality and promptness...Just my feedback to member of standing or masters who manages this forum.

It was never before when we didnt get response to our queries. I always thought its a best forum where almost all the queries are answered relating visa applications...

However, Now I feel that its masters are too busy to reply for all the queries...Sometimes not even bothered to post a link of similar post...

I would have appreciated if anyone would have atleast posted a link where similar query was answered...

This is just my personal feeling and I just of communicating it...No complaints...
Look like you are expecting everyone at your service! Why not you stopped your bank from excluding surname in your statements at first place rather than worrying now and demanding others to serve your. Talk to your bank and seek suggestion but politely.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 am

lovnishs wrote:Personally, I feel this forum is loosing its quality and promptness...Just my feedback to member of standing or masters who manages this forum.

Wow!!! People who answer on this forum do it for free. You cannot come here and demand that people answer your queries. Even though I'm new here, I also answer some stuff from time to time, however, I make a point of it to ignore anyone who posts a question and within less than an hour later post a follow-up for people to respond, simply because I think they are being selfish and sometimes even a bit rude.

I realise that it's a tense time when applying for a visa, and when you have a question that comes up you want an answer as soon as possible, but to expect everyone here to just be at your beck and call and answer as soon as you posted something and then you dare to complain about it as well!!!

Let me tell you something, the advice you will be getting here is of a much higher standard than if you hired an immigration lawyer and generally much more acceptable and much more timeous than anywhere. But since you think that the response time here is not acceptable, then why don't you go and pay for an immigration lawyer to answer your questions. THEN will you have a reason to complain if you don't get value for money and if someone doesn't answer you within less than an hour.

This is just my personal feeling, because maybe the sense of entitlement to instant advice offended me a little...