ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visa uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stacie_achraf06

Marriage visa uk

Post by stacie_achraf06 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Next year I will turn 21 and my husband will apply for a spouse visa in morocco. After I have got a job and house we have met every requiremnet. I just want to prove to my mum a point.

On a spouse visa can you still live with your family?

I told her that you can stay with your family on a fiancee but on a spouse visa you must have your own house.

Am I correct?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 pm

You can stay with family on a spousal visa. You just need adequate paperwork like a letter from them stating that they're okay with you staying there and such.
I tell it like it is.

stacie_achraf06

Post by stacie_achraf06 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 pm

but u would need to go to the local authority to get a letter to state whether the house is big enough right. the house is a 2 bedroom terrace house which i am sure its not gonna be bigh enough for 4 ppl because in the house at the moment is me my mum and her boyfriend

corrado

Post by corrado » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Provided both bedrooms are adequate sizes a two bedroom house can accomodate two couples.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:01 am

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage visa uk

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 am

stacie_achraf06 wrote:
I told her that you can stay with your family on a fiancee but on a spouse visa you must have your own house.

Am I correct?
No, sorry. You're wrong. You should know, your mother's always right (-:
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.