ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Max stay outside UK and ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

artier1
Newly Registered

Max stay outside UK and ILR

Post by artier1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:40 am

Hello All,

I'm here in the UK on Tier1 visa( HSMP) with the first extension for 3 yrs and is valid until 2012. My total stay outside UK is almost 87 days as of today in this year, out of which 80 days at a stretch, all due to personal reasons. Please let me know the rules to stay outside UK to qualify for ILR. Is it total 90days in a year or 90days at a strectch or 90days in the last year leading to ILR? I'm little confused
Also, if i stay more than 90days, can i apply for 2nd extension and stay in the UK, if so which rules apply for extension (new or old) and whats the duration that they are going to give for second extension?

Any help on this is much appreciated

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 am

1. See Chapter 6A - Settlement.
2. Under current rules, you may apply for a 2nd extension if you do not qualify for settlement in 5 years for any reason.
3. Rules in force on the day of (extension) application will apply. Raad the relevant policy guidance available at the time of extension for specific details.

regards

artier1
Newly Registered

Post by artier1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:00 am

Thanks for the reply. However this document says " should not stay more than 3 months" but does not mention whether its in a year or at a stretch.
Please advice

Thanks

dhruv

Post by dhruv » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:19 am

artier1 wrote:Thanks for the reply. However this document says " should not stay more than 3 months" but does not mention whether its in a year or at a stretch.
Please advice

Thanks
here is th exact line "paragraph above) and authorised employment or business here has not been broken by any interruptions of more than three months or amounting to more than six months in total"

it says 3 or 6 months IN TOTAL. So you can be out for 6 months in total but not more than 3 months at once