ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation status query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Goggy24
Newly Registered

Naturalisation status query

Post by Goggy24 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:05 pm

My wife and I applied for our Naturalisation on 2nd November 2010 via NCS Wandsworth. Our fee was deducted from my credit card on 6th November however till date we have not received an acknowledgement from the Home Office for our application being received by them. Obviously I cannot call them as I do not have a reference number from them. Is there any suggestion from the forum members as to how we can confirm that the application has been received ( apart from the fact that the fee has been deducted)?

thanks

lboro

Post by lboro » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 pm

It can sometime takes up to two weeks (from the date they debited your card) to receive their acknowledgement letter because they use second class post, and sometime they post several days later. So If I was in your position, would not worry much till around 20ish of this month. keep posting your timeline for the benefit of those who are waiting as well!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 pm

My husband didn't receive an acknowledgement...just the confirmation of granting BC, 6 weeks after the application.

Goggy24
Newly Registered

Post by Goggy24 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Is there anyone else who has had this experience? This is the first time the Home Office has not responded promptly to an application sent by me ( WP, HSMP, ILR). Guess I have no option but to wait. Unfortunately could not find any escalation matrix in place either on the home Office site.

Good
Newly Registered

Post by Good » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:42 pm

I never received an acknowledgement from the HO when I applied for my ILR, neither did one of my collegaues.

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:49 pm

@Goggy24
you can tell them Home Office Ref no. or go to NCS wandsworth and ask the special or recorded delivery ref no, than call 0845 010 5200 tell them one of those number, i am sure they can track and tell you the status of your application. Wish you a Goodluck

Goggy24
Newly Registered

Post by Goggy24 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:58 pm

All,

I received the Citizenship approval for myself and my wife yesterday after we returned back from a short holiday. The approval was dated 18 Nov and the letter apparently took 12 days to reach us. Our ceremony is now been booked for the 7th Dec.

Thank you all for replying.