ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant visa queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sa_lad
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant visa queries

Post by sa_lad » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I am on Tier2 (General). We will be making an application for my wife at the beginning of December 2010 in her home country.

We got married in August 2010. I’ve been in the UK for just over 4 years; my wife has never been in the UK. Got refused a visitor’s visa in Feb 2010 on the grounds of insufficient funds in my account with a right to appeal and we decided not to appeal and just left it like that. Been travelling to see her four times including the time we both travelled to my home country (which is different to hers) for our wedding.

Having gone through the UKBA website and read the postings on this very helpful forum I think I understand that for a dependant visa application to be successful the case worker must be convinced of the following:

1. Sufficient Maintenance Funds available for Dependant
2. Adequate Accommodation for Dependant
3. Genuine Relationship between Dependant and Main Applicant

My questions are:

1. I have ensured that the balance in my account does not fall below £600. I mean the lowest it has got in September was £720, in October was £600; to date it is about £650.

Will the case worker be convinced that we have sufficient funds taking into account that the visitor’s visa was refused on the grounds of funds?

2. I have a tenancy agreement from my land lord.

Is there any other document I need from my landlord? Do I need to provide photographs of the studio I am renting?

3. To prove the relationship is genuine I intend to provide the following:
- Photos of us together
- Marriage certificate
- Wedding photos
- Photocopies of the stamps on my passport for travels to visit her
- Western Union receipts for the money I send to her almost every month
- PDF Skype Call history reports from May to November. I am register with Skype and pay for call credit online so I can print call history reports using Skype Manager. The Skype credit purchases show in my bank statement.
- My wife’s three months mobile phone statement. To show that the number I call using Skype is registered to her, because Skype calls appear as private number on her mobile
- I am also considering providing the call history spreadsheet from the calls I made using the company phone assigned to me. They made me pay £600 for the calls made to my wife’s number.

Can anyone please advise if the application has a chance based on the information I intend to provide with the application. Am I missing anything? You help will be highly appreciated.
Last edited by sa_lad on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

sa_lad
Newly Registered

Post by sa_lad » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Help please.

sa_lad
Newly Registered

Post by sa_lad » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:56 am

Please experts, a little help would be appriciated

sa_lad
Newly Registered

Post by sa_lad » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Please help.

I am desparate to get information before it is too late. I have to send all the documentation overseas by DHL and want to make sure that I haven't missed anything to make the application a success.

ivanhoe
Newly Registered

Post by ivanhoe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 pm

You are on the right path. However , You have to make sure the amount of money you have in your bank account is up to the required amount for both you and your dependent as stated in the relevant guidelines. Also , this amount should have been in your account for at least 90 days preceding your application and the date of issue of the statement should not be more than I month to the date of submission of the application by your dependent. The proof of genuine relationship you have mentioned are the right ones to use. A cover letter which would serve as a sponsor letter would be very helpful if included.
Regards

indiansemail
Newly Registered

Applying too from India

Post by indiansemail » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Experts,
I have just received my Tier 2 ICT Est Staff this week for 12 Months. I am applying for my Wifes visa as a dependent to mine.

The documents I am including are
  • 1)Covering letter
    2)Maintenance Funds letter from A rated sponsor
    3)Copy of my entry clearance Visa page on passport
    4)Marriage certificate
    5)Copy of COS

Are there any other documents that I must include? Please confirm if this is enough documentation.

In addition to Marriage certificate,should I include any other evidences to prove my marriage?

Thank You

indiansemail
    Newly Registered

Post by indiansemail » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Experts please help.... I am applying tomorrow.