ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

safcalibur
Newly Registered

Post by safcalibur » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 am

thanks shadow86! Yeah I was gobsmaked to say the least!! You're right though, its like bitter sweet on this forum! You feel happy for the people who are successful but feel sooo gutted for the people who are stuck! May Allah give them happiness ameen.

safcalibur
Newly Registered

Post by safcalibur » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:01 am

zar2009 wrote:Many Congrats SafCalibur! Allah bless you and your wife with a succesful and happy life together! Ameen.
Thanks you sister :D ! Hope all works out for the best for you inshallah!

Love Safcalibur

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:58 am

batleykhan wrote:Hi Kammy

Sorry to hear about your refusal mate. I know you will be dissapointed with outcome, but if everything what you say is genuine, then you have nothing to fear.

without knowing the full wording of the refusal, its difficult to say what you can do. My advice is to get your wife to send you teh refusal and appeal form as you need to complete it here in UK and then send it off either to AIT in Leicester or UKBA in Croydon.

You need to let us know exact wording of the refusal before we can give your our opinions.

Many Congrats to SafCalibur all the best.
Last edited by K44MYY on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:49 am

safcalibur

After your applying were you tracking your application. If so, was it changing status as below or not

forwarded to Islambad OC
Processing at BHC
etc

I also applied on the 20/10/2010 but my status has not changed

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:53 am

Sammad wrote:Just tracked my visa app, and it says being processes now at BHC before it was at Islamabad OC, so on the 1st she gave her app and on the today it is saying: "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission 11/15/2010". lets just hope they've decided to speed the process up as of October 25th which seems highly plausible since majority of settlement applications are being decided in Pakistan, rather then being sent to Abu Dhabi.

Well good job my company has 26 lines, don't want a Kammy done on me to.
Salaam Sammad, my wife's visa status has changed as well to "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission 11/15/2010"

Looks like we r in this together :-)

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am

K44MYY wrote:
Salaam brother I got the paperwork emailed to me straight away. Here it is below: Before you read it I have PM you.

The Decision

"You state that you will be supported by your spouse from his income from employment from (COMPANY JO BLOGGS). The payslips provided are of a type easily produced on personal computers, whilst there are regular cash deposits they do not equate to the wages claimed. In view of this UKBA staff attempted to verify your employment. On xx/xx/xxxx at xx:xx hrs, no one answered the phone a further call made same day hour later no answer.
I am not satisfied that the business is a going concern or that even if it is your sponsor is employed by the JO BLOGGS or has any other lawful income. On the balance of probability I am not satisfied that your sponsor is in receipt of income or in the employment claimed. I am therefore not satisfied that you will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds paragraph 281 (v) of HC395."

"I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the Immigration rules."

you can lodge appeal at first-tier tribunal
post to Loughborough or returning appeal croyden

Thats basically it. Masha Allah everything else was in order

* PAYSLIPS were made by the accountant that can be proved. The other thing I cant get round is that only last year another employee was granted a Visa at same place, with same wage slips? so what went wrong? obviously every case is individual. That times phone was answered and they spoke to him.

* Cash deposits, I get cash every week so I never put whole amount in as you would expect on odd occasions I would take £20/£30 out to use and rest was deposited in bank.

* The times they called the business was close to closing times plus that week the phone was actually quite messed and some calls were coming through others not, but guess that cant be argued or proved.

* Business actually does exist which is funny as you can say its a family run business so I know there's no doubt there.

* Bills on business name can be provided, pics of premises with sign board, business cards, letter head etc etc can be provided.

* The business provided a letter of employment along with NI number and tax office code that deal with tax affairs and town it is in.

* He mentions other source of lawful income? Tax has been paid so why couldn't they check that out, all tax,NI contributions are paid and up to date. I recently received a tax rebate lol.

* The only thing is by chance that day phone wasn't answered, they had email address but didn't email and used that as an excuse to decline.

* Wage slips Batley khan as you know our accountants use sage payroll etc. Slips where on the blue type as you would get back in days mills etc you know what I mean, not the tear off type from national companies etc.
Thats what you would expect its not a big company so what did they want.

I kinda have covered most of everything. They had everything, ok they had doubton wage slips but what let me down as they tried to verify by calling and kismat didnt give my side that day, workers were either praying, off loading etc so hard to say.

So there you go people. Batley Khan your views are much appreciated as last time you helped me alot and on that basis masha Allah everything else went to plan. Guess pot luck, hit and miss thing.

Wage slips and phone call was issue rite? why wasn't the employment letter taken into account stating I work there, hours,salary,tax office code, branch etc? Ok wages didnt go in as BACs, small business what you expect, cash dealings all day long. Get wages as cash every week. So your bound to take out diesel money, food, couple of pounds to use over the few days. The timing of the call etc was the problem, all I can say is if only it was in morning.. but guess that's life.

I couldn't sleep so guess I was up typing this all out, been a long day.
Everyone's views welcome, anyone know of friend, relative, partner, been through similar situation please advise me what they did? as that would be much appreciated.

I just want to thank all of you who have supported me throughout the process, without you guys/girls I wouldn't have been able to wait this long,
Shazaz,Zar2009, to many to list. Zar2009 all the best Insha Allah you will get visa, now I need to get through the next hurdle and a need your help and support again. So lets start by getting ideas in and views in...
Pls PM if you have to.

Gonna go see a solicitor but guess I can prepare all this on my own?
What you suggest Batley Khan?

Thanks in advance

Salaam i think you should get a employment letter with a VAT number on there with a proper headings and also attach a business card if you have one and also phone up the tax people and get them to send you a confirmation of your current employment with your tax code. Don't worry about the wage slips I think most people use them. I think it is best if you submit it through a solicitor as you want to make sure everything is covered. Inshallah you will get it this time round.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 pm

safcalibur wrote:Salaam brothers and sisters,

First of all i'd like to wish everyone the very best of luck in their visa applications, congrats to those who have been successful and commiserations to those who have had a negative response, inshallah your appeals will be granted ameen.

Just wanted to share my experience of applying for a settlement visa with the members on here, hopefully this will be a bit of an inspiration. I went over to Pak and got married early October 2010. My wife applied for her settlement visa on 18/10/10 and by 15/11/10 we received an email advising that her passport was ready for collection!! We both paniced like no-ones business thinking that the visa had been rejected as it wasnt even 4 weeks since we had applied. My wife went to collect her passport and after an agonising 2-3 hour wait she called me saying that her visa had been granted!!! :) I was sooo surprised and think I went into shock!! I seriously cant thank Allah enough, shukar Alhamdulilah that the visa came through without any obstacles.

I was fully prepared to wait at least the 12 weeks that is standard but Subhan Allah that he must have been smiling down on me because as far as I can make out, the length of time most people have to wait for falls into double figures. Her visa was actually stamped within the first week of Nov, so within 3 weeks her app had been approved mashallah which is amazing.

Sorry if it comes across as gloating at all but I'm honestly just sharing my experience with people,. It doesnt seem like there is any kind of logic, rhyme or reason to the processing of these apps, i'm not complaining though Allah has been very kind to my wife and me and I really hope and pray for my brothers and sisters who are waiting or appealing inshallah you will get your visa's ameen.

Allah Hafiz

safcalibur
Congratulations lucky you :) All the best for the future :D
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

safcalibur
Newly Registered

Post by safcalibur » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks for the well wishes K44MY. I really really hope and pray that your appeal is granted ameen. As you long as you provide all the evidence you can confirming your workplace and employment I'm sure you be fine inshallah. Get photographic evidence, letterheaded paper with VAT number, any business cards etc... I'd also write a supporting letter highlighting all the points you mentioned in your previous post. If you show you're willing to fight for what you deserve then I'm sure that will go in your favour. All the best buddy!

Minty:

Mate I was tracking that application every single day believe!!! It changed status from 'forwarded to Islamabad oc (18/10/10)' to Visa under process at BHC (29/10/10) and then Passport ready for collection (15/11/10) Visa granted Alhamdulilah!!

Zahida:

Thank you very much and the same to you too!!
All the best to everyone and thanks for your well wishes

safcalibur
Last edited by safcalibur on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm

K44MYY wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Hi Kammy

Sorry to hear about your refusal mate. I know you will be dissapointed with outcome, but if everything what you say is genuine, then you have nothing to fear.

without knowing the full wording of the refusal, its difficult to say what you can do. My advice is to get your wife to send you teh refusal and appeal form as you need to complete it here in UK and then send it off either to AIT in Leicester or UKBA in Croydon.

You need to let us know exact wording of the refusal before we can give your our opinions.
Salaam brother I got the paperwork emailed to me straight away. Here it is below: Before you read it I have PM you.

The Decision

"You state that you will be supported by your spouse from his income from employment from (COMPANY JO BLOGGS). The payslips provided are of a type easily produced on personal computers, whilst there are regular cash deposits they do not equate to the wages claimed. In view of this UKBA staff attempted to verify your employment. On xx/xx/xxxx at xx:xx hrs, no one answered the phone a further call made same day hour later no answer.
I am not satisfied that the business is a going concern or that even if it is your sponsor is employed by the JO BLOGGS or has any other lawful income. On the balance of probability I am not satisfied that your sponsor is in receipt of income or in the employment claimed. I am therefore not satisfied that you will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds paragraph 281 (v) of HC395."

"I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the Immigration rules."

you can lodge appeal at first-tier tribunal
post to Loughborough or returning appeal croyden

Thats basically it. Masha Allah everything else was in order

* PAYSLIPS were made by the accountant that can be proved. The other thing I cant get round is that only last year another employee was granted a Visa at same place, with same wage slips? so what went wrong? obviously every case is individual. That times phone was answered and they spoke to him.

* Cash deposits, I get cash every week so I never put whole amount in as you would expect on odd occasions I would take £20/£30 out to use and rest was deposited in bank.

* The times they called the business was close to closing times plus that week the phone was actually quite messed and some calls were coming through others not, but guess that cant be argued or proved.

* Business actually does exist which is funny as you can say its a family run business so I know there's no doubt there.

* Bills on business name can be provided, pics of premises with sign board, business cards, letter head etc etc can be provided.

* The business provided a letter of employment along with NI number and tax office code that deal with tax affairs and town it is in.

* He mentions other source of lawful income? Tax has been paid so why couldn't they check that out, all tax,NI contributions are paid and up to date. I recently received a tax rebate lol.

* The only thing is by chance that day phone wasn't answered, they had email address but didn't email and used that as an excuse to decline.

* Wage slips Batley khan as you know our accountants use sage payroll etc. Slips where on the blue type as you would get back in days mills etc you know what I mean, not the tear off type from national companies etc.
Thats what you would expect its not a big company so what did they want.

I kinda have covered most of everything. They had everything, ok they had doubton wage slips but what let me down as they tried to verify by calling and kismat didnt give my side that day, workers were either praying, off loading etc so hard to say.

So there you go people. Batley Khan your views are much appreciated as last time you helped me alot and on that basis masha Allah everything else went to plan. Guess pot luck, hit and miss thing.

Wage slips and phone call was issue rite? why wasn't the employment letter taken into account stating I work there, hours,salary,tax office code, branch etc? Ok wages didnt go in as BACs, small business what you expect, cash dealings all day long. Get wages as cash every week. So your bound to take out diesel money, food, couple of pounds to use over the few days. The timing of the call etc was the problem, all I can say is if only it was in morning.. but guess that's life.

I couldn't sleep so guess I was up typing this all out, been a long day.
Everyone's views welcome, anyone know of friend, relative, partner, been through similar situation please advise me what they did? as that would be much appreciated.

I just want to thank all of you who have supported me throughout the process, without you guys/girls I wouldn't have been able to wait this long,
Shazaz,Zar2009, to many to list. Zar2009 all the best Insha Allah you will get visa, now I need to get through the next hurdle and a need your help and support again. So lets start by getting ideas in and views in...
Pls PM if you have to.

Gonna go see a solicitor but guess I can prepare all this on my own?
What you suggest Batley Khan?

Thanks in advance

Dear K44MMY,

I have been thinking of you all day yesterday! I know how badly you wanted this as with all other members on this forum. But I sincerely hope and pray that your decision is overturned and that you are reunited with your wife soon InshAllah. If there is anything I can do to help please ask!

Nothing has changed for me, I have now got my MP involved and he has contacted UKBA on my behalf. The waiting continues.

Take care

Zar2009
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Thank you Zara
I pray to Allah that you get it very soon. Insha Allah won't be long.

I have PM you so do check it out.

Thanks
All the best
K44MYY

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 pm

K44MYY wrote:Thank you Zara
I pray to Allah that you get it very soon. Insha Allah won't be long.

I have PM you so do check it out.

Thanks
All the best
salaam kammy

just checked my pm. nothing from you there. try sending again.
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:27 pm

PM does not seem to be working on this site. All messages sent sit in the outbox and dont get sent to the recipient

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 pm

salam everyone and eid mubarak

congratulations to all the people who successfully applied for the VISA and those who applications were failed please have patience for surely allah swt wills that this is the best for you then sometimes we just need to accept and have belief that this is surely for the best. i know its hard.

i have a question - if i printed my statement online and i get it stamped by the banks branch should that be ok??

i printed my online statement which shows the banks name and logo, it shows my account information as well as bank registration information and my transactions. then i took the the online statements to the branch and they stamped it with the banks name and signed and dated it??

will they accept this??

billo

Post by billo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:25 am

imranh wrote:salam everyone and eid mubarak

congratulations to all the people who successfully applied for the VISA and those who applications were failed please have patience for surely allah swt wills that this is the best for you then sometimes we just need to accept and have belief that this is surely for the best. i know its hard.

i have a question - if i printed my statement online and i get it stamped by the banks branch should that be ok??

i printed my online statement which shows the banks name and logo, it shows my account information as well as bank registration information and my transactions. then i took the the online statements to the branch and they stamped it with the banks name and signed and dated it??

will they accept this??
yes this should be fine, a lot of people have online accounts. just explain it in your sponsor letter.

Henah

Post by Henah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:36 am

Salaam..
Im very sorry to hear ur news kammy... inshaAllah u have to keep strong and get ure appeal sorted and inshallah u will recieve good news the next time round- chin up!

Shazaz - congrats for ure news may Allah grant u a happy marriage..

ZaHIDA??-- hey there... was lovely to read ure comment hope u and ure hubby have a lovely future together.. u mentioned that they didnt check ure hubbys tb certifcate and he had no questions etc?? thats good.. my hubby was a lil worried about all that.. so thats good..what abt when he left pak airport what checks/questions do they ask u? My hubby coming over next week :)
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

safcalibur
Newly Registered

Post by safcalibur » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 am

imranh wrote:salam everyone and eid mubarak

will they accept this??
Salaam bro and Eid Mubarak.

I was in the same situation as you. I misplaced my original statements being the organised guy that I am!! So I printed my statements and took them to my bank. They refused to stamp the statement saying that they cannot authorise an online bank statement as authentic. What they did say is that I could reorder my last 6 months bank statements which they would send to my home address or they could reprint my statement in the branch on their headed paper. I asked them to resend me duplicate copies which is what I submitted.

Thanks and all the best

safcalibur

Henah

Post by Henah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 am

Eid Mubarak Everyone :D
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:39 pm

minty wrote:PM does not seem to be working on this site. All messages sent sit in the outbox and dont get sent to the recipient
Messages will move to your sentbox only when the recipient reads your message (lying in his/her inbox).

So message sitting in the oubox doesn't mean that PM service is not working, but that the recipient hasn't read your message yet.

regards

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Salaam to all and Eid Mubarak.

Zar2009 any news? Insha Allah all will be well.
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:59 pm

[quote="Henah"]Salaam..
Im very sorry to hear ur news kammy... inshaAllah u have to keep strong and get ure appeal sorted and inshallah u will recieve good news the next time round- chin up!

THANKS Henah and all the best to you.
Insha Allah will be lucky second time, we all do not get what we want in life and only Allah knows when its gonna happen for us.

Please remember me in your duas.
K44MYY

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:22 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
minty wrote:PM does not seem to be working on this site. All messages sent sit in the outbox and dont get sent to the recipient
Messages will move to your sentbox only when the recipient reads your message (lying in his/her inbox).

So message sitting in the oubox doesn't mean that PM service is not working, but that the recipient hasn't read your message yet.

regards
I have sent private messages which are currently sat in my outbox, but the recipient has definitely not received them (i know this as i have contacted the recipient via other means to verify this)

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 pm

kammy brv am so sorry to hear abt the visa refusal , inshallah it should be over turned in early stages of the appeal. Our thoughts and duas are with you . May allah reward u for this patience.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:45 pm

hello everyone

eid mubarak

hey hennah dont worry they only ask a few questions on the airport, my mrs arrived this friday. They did not check the tb certificate but its a good idea to just have it in case they wana see it . They asked my mrs the reason she was coming to uk, my name, my dob and also my job title. Also asked how long we had been married and Our address. She said it was straight forward.

To august applicants , if someone wants to carry on updating the info on the list you can copy the link from below and add it to your signature

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Thanks zeddy zed for that information, that is VIP type of information which i'm sure everybody can find very useful.

It is no doubt a nerve wracking process for someone with lack of English speaking skills to come from Pak, so knowing what questions could be asked upon arrival is a must have.

As for the info provided by Sammad, why is it "good news" to have the apps processed in Pak? Yeah ok obviously it'll be faster in terms of not having to send it over to Abu Dhabi but what if the person who makes decision is corrupt? considering the high volume of corruption in Pak - especially around the airport. So for all we know that ECO might refuse apps which are supposed to be granted and vice versa.

Nonetheless where does this leave apps submitted PRIOR to 25th Oct? Would that mean that before 25 Oct apps are being processed by one party and the after 25 Oct being processed by another? So sharing the workload so to speak? If that is the case then I guess it kinda works out as good news for those who submitted before 25 Oct does it not? (Less queries, no more new apps, etc being the benefits)

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 pm

salaams everyone and eid mubarak.

just want to inform thos who may be interested that my employer was contacted via email today and apparantly were asking job title, salary, currently employed, hours worked, contract type, payment method. my company wont email back and thus will send it by post recorded.

when do you think I will get a decision?? My 12 weeks are up on Monday