ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:29 pm

zeddie wrote:Good Morning everyone!!! Today Alhamdulilah, by the grace of God I have recieved my passport back with ILR stamped in Liverpool :) It took nearly 7.5 months, as well as a letter from my lawyer, then a letter from my MP. I sincerely wish everyone here who is waiting, a successful outcome very soon
Hi Zeddie,

Congratulations! You'll agree with me it's now worth the wait.

To other guys on this thread, I'll say that in my experience and therefore IMO, just take your mind off travelling abroad and patiently wait for your ILR. I only hope you have no cause to change job and therefore need to hand in your passport to your prospective employer. Of course, I can understand some have family members whose visa extensions hinges on the successful outcome of the ILR application. Such dependants may have to temporarily switch to other visa category (e.g. student visa, etc). This said, an applicant for the ILR under the 10-year rule have nothing to worry about if his/her case is straightforward. Just chill out and be ready for the long haul. Once you're on board of a flight and the jet is cruising at 40000 feet in the air...all you can do is patiently wait for it to safely land. If, however, you get a response quicker than anticipated from the UKBA then celebrate it. Otherwise, just wait patiently. Phone calls wouldn't quicken the process, either. We'll all get there eventually. Cheers!!!

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Devonian..

Yes i totally agree, the feeling of happiness and contentment I had when I got that passport was well worth the effort! I have booked a holiday next week to Malaysia lol. I think I need it. Also agree with your points regarding patience for the rest of the people waiting. Wish you and everyone all the success in the world God willing. :lol:

sasam
Newly Registered

Post by sasam » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:16 pm

40 weeks completed today.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 am

Get your mp to write to them sasam asap. Thats what did the trick for me

raylibra
Newly Registered

Post by raylibra » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 pm

I got my ILR today after 10 weeks of wait. I am delighted as was expecting minimum 6 months wait. My daughter was born here in 2002 and is entitled for british citizenship. My wife joined me in 2001 May and was not eligible for ILR application with me.What happens to her now. HO has not given any information and I got confused with the information in UKBA website. Any advice please would be very much appreciated. I found this website very useful. Also how to claim for child benefits .Am I eligible now and what should I do ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:05 pm

raylibra wrote:My wife joined me in 2001 May and was not eligible for ILR application with me.What happens to her now.
What is your wife's current immigration status? If she is in UK as a dependant, then she needs to apply for leave to remain as spouse of settled person using FLR(M).
raylibra wrote:Also how to claim for child benefits .Am I eligible now and what should I do ?
Post queries regarding benefits in this forum.

regards

raylibra
Newly Registered

Post by raylibra » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta . My wife is my dependent and would complete 10 years in May 2011. So I believe she has to apply for FLR(M). Can my daughter (born here) directly apply for british citizenship with the MN1 form now or has to go through the FLR(m) along with my wife.
Would be much obliged for further information
Thanks and regards Sushdmehta

litu1

ILR in 10 weeks

Post by litu1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:07 am

one of my friend got his ILR (10 yrs long residence) today with in 10 weeks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:06 pm

raylibra wrote:Can my daughter (born here) directly apply for british citizenship with the MN1 form now
Yes.

regards

raylibra
Newly Registered

Post by raylibra » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Thank you ever so much sushdmehta.

Jehovah1
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Years

Post by Jehovah1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Dear Members,

I write to encourage those still waiting for their responses for the ILR under the 10 year rule.

I applied 29th Sept 2010
Confirmation Received 30 Sept 2010
ILR Stampled 16th NOV
No lawyer used, submitted documents required for 10 years application.

This site was very helpful though i wasnt regisitered. I believe UKBA are responding fast to requests evident from mine. I wish you all the best. Trust in GOD with all your heart. he is faithfull.

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 pm

raylibra wrote: Thanks Sushdmehta . My wife is my dependent and would complete 10 years in May 2011. So I believe she has to apply for FLR(M). Can my daughter (born here) directly apply for british citizenship with the MN1 form now or has to go through the FLR(m) along with my wife.
Would be much obliged for further information Thanks and regards Sushdmehta
Apply for your daughter to be registered as a British Citizen under section 1(3). It is an entitlement and not discretionary: she can't be refused/denied. If your wife has existing LTR, she'll need to wait until 28 days before the 10th-year anniversary of her lawful residence in the UK before applying for ILR--that is if Theresa Mary May, the current Home Secretary & Co., hasn't changed the rules by then. Hope this helps.

raylibra
Newly Registered

Post by raylibra » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:27 am

Thanks Devonian .That was so kind of you. I was thinking initially that since my Tier 1 visa ( which was valid till 2012 ) is no more valid as I have now ILR ....my Tier 1 dependents ( wife and daughter) visa is no longer valid. My wife is applying now on FLr(M) and whether my daughter (because she was born here ) can apply for citizenship without going through FLR (m) in the interim. Both you and Sushdmehta feel I believe that my daughter can diectly apply for citizenship on MN1 and my wife applies on FlR (m) asap. Am I right ?

Thanks again for taking your time to answer my query.
Regards to both of you

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 Years

Post by powershower » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Jehovah1 wrote:Dear Members,

I write to encourage those still waiting for their responses for the ILR under the 10 year rule.

I applied 29th Sept 2010
ILR Stampled 16th NOV

This site was very helpful though i wasnt regisitered. I believe UKBA are responding fast to requests evident from mine. I wish you all the best. Trust in GOD with all your heart. he is faithfull.
Many Congratulations, also in a queue applied on 22nd Sep 2010.....lets see how quick they reply....

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:57 am

raylibra wrote:Thanks Devonian .That was so kind of you. I was thinking initially that since my Tier 1 visa ( which was valid till 2012 ) is no more valid as I have now ILR ....my Tier 1 dependents ( wife and daughter) visa is no longer valid. My wife is applying now on FLr(M) and whether my daughter (because she was born here ) can apply for citizenship without going through FLR (m) in the interim. Both you and Sushdmehta feel I believe that my daughter can diectly apply for citizenship on MN1 and my wife applies on FlR (m) asap. Am I right ?

Thanks again for taking your time to answer my query.
Regards to both of you
If I were you, I would not hesitate to apply for my daughter's Certificate of Registration as a British Citizen--which is currently an entitlement. Theresa May's recent press release/speech, amongst other things, signifies impending changes are looming around the corner.

Smartkk
Newly Registered

Post by Smartkk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:43 pm

[quote="Jehovah1"]Dear Members,

I applied 29th Sept 2010
ILR Stampled 16th NOV

This site was very helpful though i wasnt regisitered. I believe UKBA are responding fast to requests evident from mine. I wish you all the best. Trust in GOD with all your heart. he is faithfull.[/quote]

Hello Jehovah,

Congratulations to you , Will you be able to let me know what documents had you attached to your applications ? Plz be precise.

raylibra
Newly Registered

Post by raylibra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 pm

I am in a little dilemma. I am applying for my daughter's registration as a british citizen in MN1 and also at the same time for my wifes application for FLR(M). Both requires an original copy of our marriage certificate. I am sending the original with my daughter's application and a copy with my wife's with a letter explaning that the original certificate cannot be sent with both applications in the same office. I am a bit puzzled as to why HO needs this in original so many times . I have already send it to them with my ILR application and before that with my HSMP and later Tier 1 visa /extension.
Any advice or comments please

Geostar2010
Newly Registered

Post by Geostar2010 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:05 am

Finally it has arrived!!!! the visa was stamped in Liverpool on 18.11.10! after 8 and a half months wait!!! wish u good luck all :D

michael08
Newly Registered

Post by michael08 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:09 am

raylibra wrote:I am in a little dilemma. I am applying for my daughter's registration as a british citizen in MN1 and also at the same time for my wifes application for FLR(M). Both requires an original copy of our marriage certificate. I am psending the original with my daughter's application and a copy with my wife's with a letter explaning that the original certificate cannot be sent with both applications in the same office. I am a bit puzzled as to why HO needs this in original so pmany times . I have already send it to them with my ILR application and before that with my HSMP and later Tier 1 visa /extension.
Any advice or comments please

if u use ncs for your
child u will get your original certificates back on the same day.hope this is useful

litu1

Post by litu1 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:50 am

Geostar2010 wrote:Finally it has arrived!!!! the visa was stamped in Liverpool on 18.11.10! after 8 and a half months wait!!! wish u good luck all :D
Congrats.... Could you tell your situation, why it took such a long time, was there any complexity or straightforward. please tell us a bit detail

raylibra
Newly Registered

Post by raylibra » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 pm

thanks Michael

ss07aej
Newly Registered

Applied for ILR on 10 years Rule

Post by ss07aej » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 am

Hi All,
I applied for ILR on 10 years rule 24th Sep 2010. Got acknowledgement on 29th Sep 2010. Still waiting.

litu1

Post by litu1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:35 am

Jehovah1 wrote:Dear Members,

I applied 29th Sept 2010
ILR Stampled 16th NOV

Congrates .... I believe you are one of the luckiest person. pray for others.

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by powershower » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Many Congratulations, also in a queue applied on 22nd Sep 2010.....lets see how quick they reply....[/quote]

Hello,

I have received my ILR today, It wasn't long wait at all,

Applied 10 year long residence on 20th Sep 2010

Fee deducted on 22nd Sep 2010

ILR Stamped on 23rd Nov 2010 , It took exact 8 weeks to get my Passport back.
Many Thanks

Jehovah1
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain ....

Post by Jehovah1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks to all my well wishers. I trust that you will all have a favourable response within a short time.

@ Litu1: Thanks so much. I am indeed blessed because the response came at the right time and with speed. Precisely 6 .5 weeks. I prayed to GOD with all my heart and he answered.

@Smartkk: The documents i submitted are ;3 months bank statement, all travel documents/passport, Life in the UK Test results, the form duly completed with payment details and correct passport photos.
I also attached a sheet with a breakdown of my travel dates outside the UK for the 10 years period. I sent it off with a cover letter just listing out all these documents.

I apologise for my late response. am sure you understand that i dont visit the site regularly anymore.

Congratulations to all that have received theirs and best wishes to everyone.