ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:05 pm

asrpb wrote:
asrpb, my guess here is maximum 5 weeks, you should get your letter. if you do not qualify, your file is never sent to the minister for signature....so it is good.

Nanette
Guess I've to chuck out another grand this x-mas.
No more expensive presents for the family/friend this year :)

:idea: Ah sure you can always put it on the card :!: :wink:

Happy days man!

blue bird
Newly Registered

Reference Number

Post by blue bird » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi Guys, i applied for naturalisation for more than 3 weeks ago, and have not yet received any letters from them regarding the reference number, is that normal, if not, should i contact them by phone or by email!! Thanaks indeed.
Last edited by blue bird on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obanta2009
Newly Registered

My experience

Post by Obanta2009 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:56 am

I am sorry to bust the myth seen on this board that if you are informed on the phone by INIS that your application is been prepared for the minister results in approval "WRONG". My personal experience is that I still got refused after been informed of same.

Another experience is not all law firms know about immigration. Some will charge you big bucks when they are not even familiar with immigration laws. Size and swanky office does not matter. My experience is with a big law firm behind Burlington hotel in dublin 4 eventually it was a small law firm that resolved my issue in a few days the same issue that the big law firm told me will take a long time, might be a thorny issue and asked for a deposit of €2000. The effective and efficient law firm that knows its onions is a small law firm one lawyer running the show but he had to hand over the firm recently due to issue with the legal council. Note not the the one that spent client money. Charge by small law firm €100

asrpb

Re: My experience

Post by asrpb » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 am

Obanta2009 wrote:I am sorry to bust the myth seen on this board that if you are informed on the phone by INIS that your application is been prepared for the minister results in approval "WRONG". My personal experience is that I still got refused after been informed of same.

Another experience is not all law firms know about immigration. Some will charge you big bucks when they are not even familiar with immigration laws. Size and swanky office does not matter. My experience is with a big law firm behind Burlington hotel in dublin 4 eventually it was a small law firm that resolved my issue in a few days the same issue that the big law firm told me will take a long time, might be a thorny issue and asked for a deposit of €2000. The effective and efficient law firm that knows its onions is a small law firm one lawyer running the show but he had to hand over the firm recently due to issue with the legal council. Note not the the one that spent client money. Charge by small law firm €100
May be you are right BUT as long as you meet all the criteria set by DoJ i.e. commit to living in Ireland, don't come to the adverse attention of LAW, don't become financial burden on the State etc. I don't see any reason for refusal.

Also, I personally don't see any point in filing your application through a law firm/solicitor unless you don't know how to fill out the form or you think that your case might be rejected. Its a common knowledge that Law firms/Solicitors are just rip off and DoJ doesn't care a bit if your application comes directly or through a lawyer, they'll always take their time and make decisions on individual basis.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Reference Number

Post by Aceform » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:29 am

blue bird wrote:Hi Guys, i applied for naturalisation for more than 3 weeks ago, and have not yet received any litters from them regarding the reference number, is that normal, if not, should i contact them by phone or by email!! Thanaks indeed.
you won't receive any litters ;-)

You should get a letter with a reference number (if the documents are in order) with in couple of weeks. I'd suggest you to ring them.

Good Luck,
Ace

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:31 am

nanette wrote: asrpb, my guess here is maximum 5 weeks, you should get your letter. if you do not qualify, your file is never sent to the minister for signature....so it is good.

Nanette

Not sure about that nanette. The application still has to go to Minister, and the minister has to refuse.

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:32 pm

asrpb wrote:
Obanta2009 wrote:I am sorry to bust the myth seen on this board that if you are informed on the phone by INIS that your application is been prepared for the minister results in approval "WRONG". My personal experience is that I still got refused after been informed of same.

May be you are right BUT as long as you meet all the criteria set by DoJ i.e. commit to living in Ireland, don't come to the adverse attention of LAW, don't become financial burden on the State etc. I don't see any reason for refusal.

Also, I personally don't see any point in filing your application through a law firm/solicitor unless you don't know how to fill out the form or you think that your case might be rejected. Its a common knowledge that Law firms/Solicitors are just rip off and DoJ doesn't care a bit if your application comes directly or through a lawyer, they'll always take their time and make decisions on individual basis.
Be positive and be sure. Hopefully soon you will get what you are waiting for.

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

blue bird wrote:Hi Guys, i applied for naturalisation for more than 3 weeks ago, and have not yet received any litters from them regarding the reference number, is that normal, if not, should i contact them by phone or by email!! Thanaks indeed.
It is now taking up to 6 week to get letter from DoJ with reference number for an application.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Obanta2009, no you are wrong. Your file will be sent to the minister office if you actually qualify, this means INIS recommend that you get citizenship....And the minister signs it.

*** File being prepared to be sent to the minister = decision is being reached by the INIS last team.

NOTE: This could result to nay....your case.

*** File sent to the minister = Approved and signed

You qualify and should get it

Nanette.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:57 pm

asrpb, relax, you will prove me right in a few weeks...:)-

asrpb wrote:

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:34 am

Aceform wrote: you won't receive any litters ;-)
LOL!!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 pm

[quote="nanette"] Obanta2009, no you are wrong. Your file will be sent to the minister office if you actually qualify, this means INIS recommend that you get citizenship....And the minister signs it.

*** File being prepared to be sent to the minister = decision is being reached by the INIS last team.

Nanette.

I think file always sent to minister by Inis team with final report 'Recommended' or 'not Recommended' minister sign's it either way., and dont forget miniter has the power to approve or disapprove regardless of final report by the inis team.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:57 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote:
nanette wrote: Obanta2009, no you are wrong. Your file will be sent to the minister office if you actually qualify, this means INIS recommend that you get citizenship....And the minister signs it.

Nanette.

I think file always sent to minister by Inis team with final report 'Recommended' or 'not Recommended' minister sign's it either way., and dont forget miniter has the power to approve or disapprove regardless of final report by the inis team.
Unless there is a dude who has skills just like Messi or Rooney's minister won't reverse his decision. This is why he has his staff working for him to provide a full on report on the applicant and he still doesn't sign it by himself...its other higher clerks in INIS who are stamping minister's signatures.

Obanta2009
Newly Registered

Post by Obanta2009 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:48 pm

The purpose of sharing my experience is to make it available to those it might be beneficial to. Some few salient points:
1)I qualified it as my experience so no one can argue with it as I was in contact with INIS and I know what the lady said to me.
"File sent to Minister" I even joked with the Inis lady asking how soon the favorable decision will be signed?

2)The other comment on experience with Law firm was ignorant and unintelligent. I never stated services was required to fill INIS application form. The intention was to sue the establishment on another issue related to Immigration. I was only trying to highlight a fact which some people are already aware of , size and glitz of a Law firm does not indicate level of experience with Immigration law. Best recommendation is by word of mouth.

3)I am only putting this up because I have been able to use this forum as a measure of time frame before I got approved.

Lastly Nattete another categorical statement "Claiming your PRSI after been unemployed for a year does not affect your Citizenship application.

Doubters about this do your research before comment.

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:27 am

Obanta2009 wrote:Lastly Nattete another categorical statement "Claiming your PRSI after been unemployed for a year does not affect your Citizenship application.

Doubters about this do your research before comment.
I am agreed on point of "claiming of social welfare". I know few people those were claiming social as unemployed due to medical reasons and some were getting Family income supplements were awarded approval and this is what happened earlier this year.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks Fatty Patty....exactly my point

fatty patty wrote:
myimmigrationboards wrote:
nanette wrote: Obanta2009, no you are wrong. Your file will be sent to the minister office if you actually qualify, this means INIS recommend that you get citizenship....And the minister signs it.

Nanette.

Unless there is a dude who has skills just like Messi or Rooney's minister won't reverse his decision. This is why he has his staff working for him to provide a full on report on the applicant and he still doesn't sign it by himself...its other higher clerks in INIS who are stamping minister's signatures.

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 pm

hi all...one of my friends' pals got his citizenship approved after exactly 18 months- so its looking good for the rest of us !! :D

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:30 pm

On what basis did he apply for citizenship? (i.e. as spouse of irish citizen or on the basis of a 5yr stay on work visa/work permit)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Latan wrote:hi all...one of my friends' pals got his citizenship approved after exactly 18 months- so its looking good for the rest of us !! :D
not for everyone Latan :-(

It's almost 3 years for me, still no signs. Had sent the additional docs in July.

I also wrote a letter last week asking for an update. I got back the same old answer:

"Dear .......
I'm directed by the ..............
Current waiting time from application to decision is at 26 months, however a fraction of the more straight forward cases are dealt more quickly. We will get back to you in the due course .....
"
some thing like that. No mention at all of what's happening with my application.

Ace

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Latan wrote:hi all...one of my friends' pals got his citizenship approved after exactly 18 months- so its looking good for the rest of us !! :D
Good news.
A friend of mine also received her approval last week in less than a year. She is married to a Garda officer.

Also as per her husband you can get things pushed if you've proper contacts. Rejected cases don't even go to the minister's office. Don't know how much of this is true though :shock:

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

IntheQ wrote:
Good news.
A friend of mine also received her approval last week in less than a year. She is married to a Garda officer.

Also as per her husband you can get things pushed if you've proper contacts. Rejected cases don't even go to the minister's office. Don't know how much of this is true though :shock:
For real? :shock: :o :o

Now y'all know what to do. When next you see a beautiful/handsome Garda walking down your local.... just smile :wink: :lol: Funny country we live in.

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:25 pm

IntheQ wrote:
Good news.

LOL, this is how they are calculating average process time of 26 months as per their website. One who has connections, is getting approval in less than 12 months and other who have no connections are getting in 56 months. So average processing time is 26 months :roll: :lol:

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:27 pm

With the current political instability in the country, that avg processing time may take even longer for approvals by the Minister of Justice.
The Minister is gonna be away for Xmas, then they return mid- Jan. Busy debating / passing the mother of all Finance Bills, then begin campaigning for elections in March. And another few weeks before a new Gov't is formed, and Minister of Justice appointed. Possibly mid April 2011 before all gets back to 'normal'.
:roll:

One can only hope the new gov't will have a new system after 're-inventing government'. Sounds like they trying to re-invent the wheel, when they could just adopt policies that are already successful in other EU countries.

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

24,750 public sector jobs to be cut, back to 2005 level
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11831935
Its almost impossible that INIS won't be affected by these cuts.
Bad timing for people who are about to apply or just applied :(

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 pm

....hi- his friend got it after completing 60 months on a work-permit, so it would seem the wheels are in motion again. :D. It's not what you know..., but who you know that counts these days !!