ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA WANTS TO APPLY FOR BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

europeanpol
Newly Registered

EEA WANTS TO APPLY FOR BC

Post by europeanpol » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:25 am

Thanks for posting. You said that you applied for PR and you got it, but how long did it take you exactly? and did it say in the letter of confirmation of permanent residence in the Uk that you have been a Permanent Resident since the date you sent the application to them, or since the date they decided to grant you PR in uk.
I need to know for sure because I have heard stories where the HO takes even a year to issue a PR and when you apply for BC they count the 12 month residency from the time you acquired PR (I mean when they issue the letter) and not when you actually complete the five years, which is much sooner.
I am very surprised that your baby got British citizenshipo straightaway, how did that happen? My wife is SouthAmerican and our baby was born in the UK in february 2009 and she has a Polish passport for now but of course I would like to get a British one for her. As far as I know for her to be entitled to one, either parent must be British or otherwise she has to be naturalized. So is your partner British?
Your replies are very much appreciated

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:28 am

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.