ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thinking of applying for ILR in Feb11, couple of queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wpleo

Thinking of applying for ILR in Feb11, couple of queries

Post by wpleo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Hello guys,

Starting to gather documents/evidence as will hopefully be applying for ILR in Feb 11, based om WP(Feb06-Oct06) then HSMP 2+3(Oct06-Dec11, but by Feb11 should complete 5 yrs then).

Wondering if some of you can help with couple of things just to confirm my thoughts:

1. How far in advance should one book an appointment for in-person application? What is the waiting list like? How easy/difficult is it to obtain an appointment?

2. As I had my initial HSMP approval letter end of Oct06, I believe the rule was I do not need Life in the UK test. Is this still correct? What if i wanted to take the test to be on the safe side, would there be enough time till Feb11(sorry not sure how often these tests take place,preparation time, etc).

3. Is there any document clearly states the required evidence for financial activities over the past 5 yrs? Coz as I understand people been providing combination of things with some variation. In my case I will get all my bank statements, plus combination of payslips, P45, and some p60s (as I am missing a couple of my p60s).

For the purpose of reassurance and to ensure not missing anything, I would appreciate your input and advice.

Thanks

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:58 pm

1 - there seem to be a lot of appointments available these days. usualy they release appts 6 weeks in advance. register on UKBA appointment website then keep monitoring the situation every day...

2- if u want to give test, that is plenty of time. test is very simple, usually requires a weekend's reading...

3- SET(o) form specifies minimum documents required. on top of that people submit various things to suit their personal circumstances (e.g. spending a lot of days outside of UK? different type of visa ... a lot of people have been asked for P60s. if u r missing yours, contact HMRC a month before appointment and request tax history. in general docs that u mention should be sufficient ..

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:32 pm

xyz123 cheers for your reply.

Glad to know plenty of appointments available, will start checking from mid Dec10.

With regard to Life in the Uk test, do you then think is better to get it over and done with even if its not required? I do not seem to see this on the exemption list anymore under the Life in UK test link via UKBA.

Finally, I am sure I got all my payslips, but understandably P60s would make the caseworker's life easier. But I think I have all P45s/payslips covering missing P60s periods, backed by Bank statements.

Thanks again for your help.

musaratnasreen

Post by musaratnasreen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:13 pm

wpleo wrote:xyz123 cheers for your reply.

Glad to know plenty of appointments available, will start checking from mid Dec10.

With regard to Life in the Uk test, do you then think is better to get it over and done with even if its not required? I do not seem to see this on the exemption list anymore under the Life in UK test link via UKBA.

Finally, I am sure I got all my payslips, but understandably P60s would make the caseworker's life easier. But I think I have all P45s/payslips covering missing P60s periods, backed by Bank statements.

Thanks again for your help.
please see this link for life in uk test

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... 9/#header2
Last edited by musaratnasreen on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:47 pm

Oh cheers musaratnasreen for the link. I just scraped that date as my HSMP aprroval letter was on 30th Oct 06. At least one thing less to worry about, in this case LIUK test.

Cheers again