ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any legal Hurdle

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knbabu_99
Newly Registered

Any legal Hurdle

Post by knbabu_99 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi Guys,
I have got my HSMP letter dated 20 sep 2005. I have got the EC cleared on Dec 15,2006. I will be able to enter UK in July last week. The EC is Valid til Dec 14, 2006. Do I face any legal problems ?

Are there any intricacies to get my family?
I appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Naresh

Rex

Post by Rex » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:17 pm

As far as I understand, You must move to UK within 3 months of your EC start date.

knbabu_99
Newly Registered

Legal Hurdle

Post by knbabu_99 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:44 am

The stipulation for three months was there for getting the EC after I got HSMP letter. is it applicable for EC also. can some one reply with the current situation.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:31 pm

You could search the forum to see if there are persons who came to the uk later than 3 months into their EC validity.

I ame to the UK one month into my EC validity but only for two weeks. My plan was just to initialise the visa, start checking out the job market and to make sure that when time came to apply for ILR I would not fall short of the 4 years residence requirement. However, my return was delayed more than I thought and I returned six months later, I got a job two months (thank God) before I applied for my extension and I had no problems getting the extension.

I am not sure I have seen any written guidance from the HO that says you must enter the country within three months of the EC date, but have a browse through the forum and the Ho website to set your mind at ease.
'In everything give thanks'