ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Class question UK to Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

richardmolyneux
Newly Registered

Family Class question UK to Canada

Post by richardmolyneux » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:38 pm

Hello

I live in the UK with my Canadian wife who has been living in the UK with me for 2 years. We are planning to move to Vancouver permanently in Summer 2008.

How would I go about this. If my wife sponsors me she will have been living outside Canada for over 4 years. We hope to return with plenty of savings but it would be difficult to find a job before we arrive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

Richard

Dominion
Newly Registered

Post by Dominion » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:12 pm

One Option: Your Canadian wife can sponsor you before moving to Vancouver. If the application is approved you will have the right to work after landing as a PR. Follow the instructions about sponsoring a spouse from abroad

Also as indicated by CIC:

Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one
or more of the following:
· letter from an employer;
· letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
· proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
· reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.

D.