ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa issued!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casapot

Spouse visa issued!!

Post by Casapot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Wow!! The embassy in Rabat called me to say my husband's visa will be issued this week!! As you can imagine I am so happy..

Thankyou to all that advised me on this forum Batleykhan, Casa, John and Vinny... God bless you all. Also Good Luck to all that are going through the process now. I will continue to look here and happy to help anybody if I am able to :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Congratulations.

Glad that we Mods helped you in some way. Hope everything works out for you in the future and you know where we are if you ever need us again :D :wink:

Hish87
Newly Registered

Post by Hish87 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:25 am

Salam

Many congrats on the visa..... i was in Rabat last week with my wife, managed to submit it with the right stuff......... consulate looks like a prison lol

Casapot how long did you wait for a response?????

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:04 pm

batleykhan wrote:Congratulations.

Glad that we Mods helped you in some way. Hope everything works out for you in the future and you know where we are if you ever need us again :D :wink:
Thankyou Batleykhan,
You really did help me and I appreciate it so much.. :D

Happy Eid to you and your family :D

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Hish87 wrote:Salam

Many congrats on the visa..... i was in Rabat last week with my wife, managed to submit it with the right stuff......... consulate looks like a prison lol

Casapot how long did you wait for a response?????
Hi Hish, thankyou and yes yr right felt like a prison lol...

Anyway we submitted the application on the 27th september, they called my employers on the 5th November to ask if my employment would be continuing. I had a call from the embassy on the 8th November, they asked me some questions about how we met, our marriage, when we last saw each other, about my finances and my home.

They then told me they would be issuing the visa that week( I was so shocked that they actually told me there and then! So happy :D )

They called my husband the next day and told him to come and collect his visa. He collected it on wednesday this week..

So all in all it took just 6 weeks!!!..

I hope that you too will hear soon Hish and it will be good news, so you and your wife can be together very soon.

Even though I took great care in putting the application together I worried so much that I had missed something, so I know what a difficult time the waiting and not knowing is like..

If I can help you with anything else Hish just drop me a line

I hope you and wife will be reunited very soon..inchallah :D

Hish87
Newly Registered

Post by Hish87 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:14 am

Wow 6 weeks lol the prison... I mean consulate told the misus 3 months lol

well if everything goes swimmingly she may arrive just before my birthday (Jan 1st), lets hope the consulate clock on and give me b.day gift i'll never forget (Insha'Allah).

Casapot (love the i.d username btw lol) urm what kinda questions did they ask? if you dont remember no probs.......

Also what documents did you miss out? Also what did you hand in..... ive had a massive issue getting a letter from my employers, let alone a contract/ letter of particulars.......... i drafted one up for them to just sign..... they delayed and sent one via courrier to arrive in Oujda for Friday 5/11/10...... and that was the date of my wifes appointment lol idiots!! any way hope to hear from you soon!!! oh and thanks for the best wishes : )

and yes Casa is truly legend!!!!

Hanz83
Newly Registered

Submitted Supporting Evidence - how long the wait??? ;-?

Post by Hanz83 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello People,

Just joined the forum really to find out more about other spouse experiences in regards to obtaining a spouse settlement visa -

Me and my husband had been together for over a year now and got married this year in the summer - a unanticipated proposal :)
I applied online for him and he has handed in all his supporting documents but I am interested to know how long roughly would it take before they get back to him or me even>?

This is like the hardest part of the process - just waiting for an answer!

Also interested in what documents others have sent through to see if I provided sufficient evidence- e.g is it important to have savings??? etc -

I look forward to any response -

Its nice to know I am not the only one going through this!!!

What a stress!

Hanz -

Casapot

Re: Submitted Supporting Evidence - how long the wait??? ;-?

Post by Casapot » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Hanz83 wrote:Hello People,

Just joined the forum really to find out more about other spouse experiences in regards to obtaining a spouse settlement visa -

Me and my husband had been together for over a year now and got married this year in the summer - a unanticipated proposal :)
I applied online for him and he has handed in all his supporting documents but I am interested to know how long roughly would it take before they get back to him or me even>?

This is like the hardest part of the process - just waiting for an answer!

Also interested in what documents others have sent through to see if I provided sufficient evidence- e.g is it important to have savings??? etc -

I look forward to any response -

Its nice to know I am not the only one going through this!!!

What a stress!

Hanz -
Hi Hanz

Yes the waiting is a stress isnt it...The embassy said to us it would be up to 12 weeks waiting. I believe it varies from place to place and also if everything is clear regarding the documents you hand in.

I dont think savings are a must , however you do have to show that you are able to support your husband 'without recourse to public funds'. I think it is about £105.00 a week for a couple after your accommodation and poll tax are paid.

I hope you have some good news very soon

:D :D :D

Hanz83
Newly Registered

Thanks CasaPot

Post by Hanz83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:53 am

Casapot!

Thank you for your reply - appreciate the info - Shukran
I do have savings - but was given some random info that I should have atleast £10 k savings which was worrying! I just about have half of that!
so i was a bit concerned -
the list of documents I sent were crazy - my whole life
8 months bank statements
savings statement
3 payslips
contract of work
letter from employer
tenancy contract
letter from managing agents with no objection to my husband residing with me
notorised passport
birth certificate
council tax bill
utility bills
pictures
marriage certificate and loads more
Only thing is, before my permanent position I was working self employed for a year - I didnt get round to sending my Tax returns information to them as I have just submitted my tax returns to HMRC
would it be really important to give them that paperwork when I stopped being self emloyed 4 months ago?

please advise if you could....
should there have been more info supplied?

For your situation did you have to wait a full 3 months before anyone got back to you?
Did you have to go through an interview?

sorry I know a few too many questions but I am finding that I am constantly researching to learn more about other peoples experience!
would love some reassurance!

Many thanks Casapot! ;-)

Shukran!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Hanz

I think you have more than enough supporting documents here for a succesful outcome.

You just need to be patient and wait for outcome now. :wink:

Hanz83
Newly Registered

easier then it sounds!

Post by Hanz83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Yes Batleykhan,

i think your right!

Paranio getting the best of me! lol :0

Thanks