ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

I will try and carry on the baton for the August applicants list

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

imranh wrote:salaams everyone and eid mubarak.

just want to inform thos who may be interested that my employer was contacted via email today and apparantly were asking job title, salary, currently employed, hours worked, contract type, payment method. my company wont email back and thus will send it by post recorded.

when do you think I will get a decision?? My 12 weeks are up on Monday
Another very useful info, but this time for the sponsor :D. Many thanks for that info!

Judging from current trends give it about 2-4 more weeks from Monday for the decision (passport ready for collection status) considering the current trend is 14-16 weeks.

Best of Luck imranh

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 am

Shadow86 wrote: As for the info provided by Sammad, why is it "good news" to have the apps processed in Pak? Yeah ok obviously it'll be faster in terms of not having to send it over to Abu Dhabi but what if the person who makes decision is corrupt? considering the high volume of corruption in Pak - especially around the airport. So for all we know that ECO might refuse apps which are supposed to be granted and vice versa.

Nonetheless where does this leave apps submitted PRIOR to 25th Oct? Would that mean that before 25 Oct apps are being processed by one party and the after 25 Oct being processed by another? So sharing the workload so to speak? If that is the case then I guess it kinda works out as good news for those who submitted before 25 Oct does it not? (Less queries, no more new apps, etc being the benefits)

Salaam it will be faster as the application is processed in Pakistan instead of sending it aborad. The refusal rate abroad is much high higher than in Pakistan. The only reason they have done this as they know the english test is not easy so there will be less applications and the BHC in Islamabad will be able to handle the work load much better than before.

The applications made before 25 October 2010 might take longer as they will not be recieving any new applications so they would take their time. No more new apps is better for them they can make more enquires than before. This is what i think. Even though I hope they process them quicker.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:53 am

zeddy zed wrote:kammy brv am so sorry to hear abt the visa refusal , inshallah it should be over turned in early stages of the appeal. Our thoughts and duas are with you . May allah reward u for this patience.
Thank you Zed, I hope it does, just have to wait and see.
All the best
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:40 am

i need someone to put me out of my misery coz there is one thing that has been bothering me.

why my wife went to submit the application the agent (thankfully and suprisingly) found that our english nikah namah was incorrect as my name was spelt wrong and dates of birth were wrong. I was not there in pakistan when the english nikah namah was made nor when the application was submitted. the agent then corrected the nikah namah by printing off a new version putting the correct details on.

now my question is do agents have the ability to attest english certificates because I presume the english nikah namah needs stamping. i thought it was some council who does this or is a signature and contact details from the agent sufficient

Please help me as I am torturing myself over this and my wife and father in law cannot remember

minty

Post by minty » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:39 am

Imranh

I had a similar situation. When i got to Gerrys i Realised there were some mistakes on the Nikahnama English translation that i had.

I took it to an agent opposite gerrys. He was adamant his translation would suffice with his signature and said he had done this for many nikahnama translations without any problem.

Just to be extra cautious i took the nikah nama to the Kachayree (courts) and got it attested and stamped by an oath commisioner before i handed it in.

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:45 am

[quote="minty"]Imranh

I had a similar situation. When i got to Gerrys i Realised there were some mistakes on the Nikahnama English translation that i had.

I took it to an agent opposite gerrys. He was adamant his translation would suffice with his signature and said he had done this for many nikahnama translations without any problem.

Just to be extra cautious i took the nikah nama to the Kachayree (courts) and got it attested and stamped by an oath commisioner before i handed it in.[/quote]

jazakallah for that. you definitely did the right thing.

has anyone else have a view on this. maybe its sufficient for the agents to sign it without a stamp??????

what do other people think??

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Just checked the website

http://www.ukvacpk.com/howtoapply.aspx

On there it states

[b]Translations

If you want the UK Border Agency visa officer to consider your visa application you should provide translations of any supporting documents that are not in English. Any translated documents need to be submitted with the original document for verification. All translated documents must include the following information: -

• confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
• the date of the translation
• the translator's full name and signature
• the translator's contact details [/b]

so maybe its fine for an agent to attest the english nikahnamah by signing it, dating it and providing their details.

batelykhan - what do you think?

sadz
Newly Registered

visa app

Post by sadz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Hiya guys!! Just read all the msgs! Congrats to everyone who got the visas and sorry to all who got refused. I hope everyone do get the visas soon as possible.

My hubby submitted his documents on 17th sept in Islamabad and now his status says visa under process in british high commission. I wanted to ask if its ok to call in and enquire about the process as there is no update since 30th sept.
It has been 2 months now and still no response :( although they did say three months but the wait is soo long!
Thankss

ali2102

Re: visa app

Post by ali2102 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:08 pm

sadz wrote:Hiya guys!! Just read all the msgs! Congrats to everyone who got the visas and sorry to all who got refused. I hope everyone do get the visas soon as possible.

My hubby submitted his documents on 17th sept in Islamabad and now his status says visa under process in british high commission. I wanted to ask if its ok to call in and enquire about the process as there is no update since 30th sept.
It has been 2 months now and still no response :( although they did say three months but the wait is soo long!
Thankss

Salaam yes you can contact them and enquire about your application. It will be early/mid December before you get a response I think. I know the wait is hard but i have got used to the waiting. Please add your name to the September list.

Thanks

Henah

Post by Henah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:15 pm

hey zeddy zed.. thanks for the info i wil pass that on to my hubby!

And Congrats glad ure wife got here safely.. hope u enjoyed ure 1st eid together and all the best for the Future inure blissfull married life! Ameen
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:57 pm

That's a good observation Sammad. I see.

Well that sucks for Pre 25 Oct applicants but lets hope for the best.

shazadkhan4545
Newly Registered

salaam everyone...

Post by shazadkhan4545 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:46 pm

salaam everyone,

im new to this..i have asked questions previously probably couple of months ago about what documents are required.. but now finally my wife's who is in pakistan has submitted the visa application on 15th nov.. so everyone please pray for me and each other that it goes all smooth.

Thanks

riz_ras

Re: salaam everyone...

Post by riz_ras » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:20 pm

shazadkhan4545 wrote:salaam everyone,

im new to this..i have asked questions previously probably couple of months ago about what documents are required.. but now finally my wife's who is in pakistan has submitted the visa application on 15th nov.. so everyone please pray for me and each other that it goes all smooth.

Thanks
I pray Allah makes it easy for you and your wife. Please add your details to the November list below

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 pm

[quote="minty"]Imranh

Just to be extra cautious i took the nikah nama to the Kachayree (courts) and got it attested and stamped by an oath commisioner before i handed it in.[/quote]

minty, did the agent still sign your documents?? did he put his name date and contact details on??

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:56 pm

eid mubarak to every1

hey guys i just wanted to knw that when u send your appeal off after how long do they send u a letter saying we have recived ur documents etc for ur appeal............bcoz i sent the papers for my husbands appeal on 1st novermber i did special delivery and i tracked it online on the post office web site and it sed they recived it the next day its beem 17days nw and still nt got no1 back to me.....does any1 know what shoud i do plz ?

good luck to every1

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Shadow, firstly applications processed in Pakistan as opposed to Abu Dhabi have a higher rate/chance of being granted there is less rejection rate. Moreover, there was a report published recently which stated that Abu Dhabi was discriminating AGAINST Pakistanis are requiring more evidence, when the same methodology was not applied to applications by Arab members.

Also, applications being sent after 25th October should only like take 5 to 6 weeks maximum, as opposed to 16/17 weeks for those which are being processed in Abu Dhabi. Also there will be more applications being submitted to Abu Dhabi mainly non-settlement visas and visas from Arab nationals, so it does not make it better.
I dont know where you get this info but all setttlement application are decided in London not Abu Dhabi anymore. Checks on documents, work etc are done by staff in islamabad who then inform ECO in London ( who after looking at overall sittuation decides either to grant or refuse visa. The ECO then relays this message to Islamabad who pass it on to Gerrys, who informs the applicant of the decision. If visa is granted staff at ISB stamp visa. If refused ISB hands back all docs to applicants via Gerrys, BUT ALL FINAL DECISON MADE BY ECO IN LONDON NOT ABU DHABI.

Hope that has cleared matter.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 pm

yasmin786 wrote:eid mubarak to every1

hey guys i just wanted to knw that when u send your appeal off after how long do they send u a letter saying we have recived ur documents etc for ur appeal............bcoz i sent the papers for my husbands appeal on 1st novermber i did special delivery and i tracked it online on the post office web site and it sed they recived it the next day its beem 17days nw and still nt got no1 back to me.....does any1 know what shoud i do plz ?

good luck to every1
where did you send your appeal docs? . Did you send them to Croydon or IAT in Loghbrough?

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:18 pm

hi i sent it on this address

first-tier tribunal (immirgration and asylum chamber)
po box 6987
leicester
united kingdom
LE1 6ZX

am doing my husbands appeal from here doing it on his behalf

also this was the address writtten on the the application form

riz_ras

Travel Date

Post by riz_ras » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:52 pm

On the front page of the application form it asks what date you would like to travel on, what did people put for this, I put 6 weeks after the date the application was submitted, hoping that this would hurry them up a bit. Has anyone had any experience on this, does this work, or do they not take any notice of this? If not what is the purpose of having this question?

billo

Post by billo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:15 am

yasmin786 wrote:hi i sent it on this address

po box 6987
leicester
united kingdom
LE1 6ZX

also this was the address writtten on the the application form
Hi,
My brother just faxed his to the fax number supplied on the appeal form. And i think it was around 3 weeks before he received confirmation from the AIT. You could always give them a call to see whether they have received them. We found that it was much quicker to fax any requests etc to the AIT rather then send by post.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:24 am

[quote="billo"][quote="yasmin786"]hi i sent it on this address

po box 6987
leicester
united kingdom
LE1 6ZX

also this was the address writtten on the the application form[/quote]

Hi,
My brother just faxed his to the fax number supplied on the appeal form. And i think it was around 3 weeks before he received confirmation from the AIT. You could always give them a call to see whether they have received them. We found that it was much quicker to fax any requests etc to the AIT rather then send by post.[/quote]

thanks ill give them a call today then

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 am

Sammad wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
Shadow, firstly applications processed in Pakistan as opposed to Abu Dhabi have a higher rate/chance of being granted there is less rejection rate. Moreover, there was a report published recently which stated that Abu Dhabi was discriminating AGAINST Pakistanis are requiring more evidence, when the same methodology was not applied to applications by Arab members.

Also, applications being sent after 25th October should only like take 5 to 6 weeks maximum, as opposed to 16/17 weeks for those which are being processed in Abu Dhabi. Also there will be more applications being submitted to Abu Dhabi mainly non-settlement visas and visas from Arab nationals, so it does not make it better.
I dont know where you get this info but all setttlement application are decided in London not Abu Dhabi anymore. Checks on documents, work etc are done by staff in islamabad who then inform ECO in London ( who after looking at overall sittuation decides either to grant or refuse visa. The ECO then relays this message to Islamabad who pass it on to Gerrys, who informs the applicant of the decision. If visa is granted staff at ISB stamp visa. If refused ISB hands back all docs to applicants via Gerrys, BUT ALL FINAL DECISON MADE BY ECO IN LONDON NOT ABU DHABI.

Hope that has cleared matter.
Where is the evidence for this? Can you prove any of this? I doubt it.
I just know it. If you do not agree with my point, then that is fine. The answers also lies somewhere in this specific forum. If you care to look further you will find that what I am syaing is true at the current time. :roll:

4.13 Customers in Pakistan wishing to apply for settlement in the UK submit their applications,supporting documents, visa fees and biometric data at one of four visa application centres. These are located in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. The applications are then forwarded with customers’ passports to the Visa Section in Islamabad where travel documents (typically passports) and supporting document verification is undertaken.

4.14 Copies of the application form and all supporting documentation are then sent by private courier to the UK Visa Section in Croydon (UK), where the decision to issue or refuse entry clearance is made. This decision is then relayed electronically to Islamabad. While the UK Visa Section is considering applications, the Islamabad Visa Section retains customers’ passports and original supporting documentation. When the decision is received by the Islamabad Visa Section, it either issues entry clearance visas or produces refusal notices. These are then returned to customers via the respective visa application centres

minty

Post by minty » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:16 pm

imranh wrote:
minty wrote:Imranh

minty, did the agent still sign your documents?? did he put his name date and contact details on??

Imranh

I honstly cant remember. Now you got me worried:)
Ignorance is bliss!!

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:54 pm

imranh wrote:I will try and carry on the baton for the August applicants list
thanks imranh for that and n e update yet on ur case? am really sad to hear about kammy tho hope his appeal go thru easy