ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi P_King

Can you please confirm what was your ranking on UKBA salary guidance?

Regards

P_King
Newly Registered

Post by P_King » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:01 pm

pokale2600 wrote:Hi P_King

Can you please confirm what was your ranking on UKBA salary guidance?

Regards
Hi...My ranking stands "D" on UKBA salary guidance.
Regards!

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:31 pm

hello,

P_King.

Congrats! first of all.

I believe you are going to apply for entry clearance in that case.

Also, can I ask, whether you were asked for Labour Market Test details, reason for which your COS application has now been successful?

Many thanks,
Ashley.

P_King
Newly Registered

Post by P_King » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:04 pm

ashleyransoo wrote:hello,

P_King.

Congrats! first of all.

Also, can I ask, whether you were asked for Labour Market Test details, reason for which your COS application has now been successful?

Many thanks,
Ashley.
Hi there,

Thanks for ur wishes. Yes I will soon apply for my visa from my home country. UKBA contacted my employer for the Resident Labour Market Test details before 12th Nov panel, and luckily we had also done the test to be on a safer side. I am not sure if my application was successful because of that, but could be the reason. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards!

J_PO
Newly Registered

Post by J_PO » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:48 am

P_King wrote:
ashleyransoo wrote:hello,

P_King.

Congrats! first of all.

Many thanks,
Ashley.
Hi there,

Thanks for ur wishes. Yes I will soon apply for my visa from my home country. UKBA contacted my employer for the Resident Labour Market Test details before 12th Nov panel, and luckily we had also done the test to be on a safer side. I am not sure if my application was successful because of that, but could be the reason. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards!
I can't understand why my employer was not contacted and asked for RLMT details. We had submitted request in October for Nov 1st panel so the form was the old one before the RLMT details were required. I tried chasing up my employer to see if we needed to submit on the new form and when he finanly did at the last minute he was told by someone at the UKBA that it would not be neccessary! Which really surprised me as it clearly stated in the new guidance notes that details of the RLMT would be required for the request to be considered. Needless to say I don't think my sponsor has been allocated a COS as I am sure the SMS would have been updated by now and he would have let me know.
Sigh

3000rpm
Newly Registered

Post by 3000rpm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 pm

i got my outcome from panel today

we were not successful again

the reasons are below

New shortage occupation posts with salaries above £20,000 per annum and
New non-shortage occupation posts with salaries above £32,000 per annum.

we are going to put in again for december panel does anybody know if it will be on the 1st of december?

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Does anybody know what is the salary range expected for existing non-shortage occupation?

I would have thought they look at the code of practice too?

Thanks.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 pm

hello guys,

I still havent heard fro november panel. This is very weird. Today is supposed to be last day for them to send out anwers for the november panel.

Don't have a clue what's happening.

Anybody still waiting as well? (Totally stressed)

Regards,
Ashley.

pavan_thampi
Newly Registered

Post by pavan_thampi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Hello Guys,

Hope some of you might know me. I just wanted to update my situation. My visa expired on 07th and I had to leave the UK, At the moment I am in India waiting for my cos application request. They should have done an urgent decision on my case when they postponed panel meeting to 12th, which they didn't do on time. My employer is contacting Immigration authorities every day and they are unable to track the application status. Whole system has gone out of control.

Thanks Guys..

please update ..

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Anybody knows if UKBA still exist????

Nobody picking up calls. No reply for cos request!!!! It's 19th today the latest date they should have sent out emails/

This affect people who are running out of visa which might be a penalty on us rather than them. And they won't do anything about it, will they?

Do the moderators have a clue what's happening?

A.

bluecup
Newly Registered

Post by bluecup » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:40 pm

HI, I'm also still waiting! Have not heard anything either.

But from the feedback from other posters, it seems the cut off point was £32k. Presumably anyone under it, was not successful.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi.

Apparently, someone below that salary on this forum was allocated one although being on the non-shortage band.

But some didn't get it but have already been informed.

Rgds,
A

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:15 am

Guess what, those who haven't received email for november panel till now, may consider not to have been given a COS if their SMS system has not been updated.

Since UKBA is loosing their emails in cyber space! how efficient/inefficient are they? And they will barely consider themselves responsible for that and putting our status at risk!

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Guys.

come to know some one get refused due to following reason.

But in the policy guideline there is nothing like that.....

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:48 am

Don't know how far the information is correct about the refusal.

But if it is just because of the salary scale mentioned, UKBA is conning people. On top of that they don't give any right of appeal for refusal of COS. any reason why?

regards,
A.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:50 am

bluecup wrote:HI, I'm also still waiting! Have not heard anything either.

But from the feedback from other posters, it seems the cut off point was £32k. Presumably anyone under it, was not successful.
Hello bluecp, not sure if you heard anything about your cos yet.

Do you still have leave to remain/ have a pending FLR application with UKBA?

regards.

bluecup
Newly Registered

Post by bluecup » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:29 pm

HI Ashley,

I'm on PSW and it expires on the 1st of Dec.

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi Ashley,
I'm still waiting from november panel, this is the third attempt. My post is non-shortage & it's 32k is this mean that I've a chance?

any thoughts? anyone?

Kevin

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Kevin,

I seriously don't have any clue why we didn't get a reply by 19th as UKBA anticipated for november 12th panel.

I heard there might be some email problems. I'm also assuming my case was unsuccessful, because the system was not updated as well.

This is my third attempt too. We gonna give UKBA another call on monday to follow up with the situation.

Will update you guys.

regards,.
Ashley.

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Post by roadkill1979 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:29 pm

pavan_thampi wrote:Hello Guys,

Hope some of you might know me. I just wanted to update my situation. My visa expired on 07th and I had to leave the UK, At the moment I am in India waiting for my cos application request. They should have done an urgent decision on my case when they postponed panel meeting to 12th, which they didn't do on time. My employer is contacting Immigration authorities every day and they are unable to track the application status. Whole system has gone out of control.

Thanks Guys..

please update ..
Information for you:
If you have left the UK then your company have to fullfill the Resident labour market serach even if they got Cos for you.
You have to meet the requirement.
GoodLuck for your future.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:40 pm

I got response from UKBA:

"This month the panel awarded additional allocations of CoS to sponsors with posts meeting the following criteria:

• New shortage occupation posts with salaries above £20,000 per annum and
• New non-shortage occupation posts with salaries above £32,000 per annum."

Nowhere in policy guidance was mentioned that for non-shortage they will consider £32k as cut off point this month. Nobody knows what will be the cut-off point next months and further. If employers knew then they wouldn't have submitted stupidly with salary less than 32k. UKBA is not playing fair.

I have now run out of stay, and FLR rejected, will have to leave as I see no chance of winning an appeal with their rubbish rules.

Good luck to you guys!

bluecup
Newly Registered

Post by bluecup » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi all,

I received the same msg as Ashley has. @Ashley, I'm really sorry you had bad news as well!

You are right, no mention of cut off, just that priority was given based on salary, cannot say I'm terribly surprised just disappointed.

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks Ashley & sorry to hear that.

I'm still waiting nothing heard yet. Will update soon.

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Post by roadkill1979 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

ashleyransoo wrote:I got response from UKBA:

"This month the panel awarded additional allocations of CoS to sponsors with posts meeting the following criteria:

• New shortage occupation posts with salaries above £20,000 per annum and
• New non-shortage occupation posts with salaries above £32,000 per annum."

Nowhere in policy guidance was mentioned that for non-shortage they will consider £32k as cut off point this month. Nobody knows what will be the cut-off point next months and further. If employers knew then they wouldn't have submitted stupidly with salary less than 32k. UKBA is not playing fair.

I have now run out of stay, and FLR rejected, will have to leave as I see no chance of winning an appeal with their rubbish rules.

Good luck to you guys!
This policy guidance was release after 5th Nov and it is on the Addendum of Tier 2/5. and it states these new changes with new rankings on salary bases which on the November panel gone down to 32k which is rank C.

I am sorry to hear this but if you have any option left please try it. As far as my case is concerned I am pleased to know today that I can apply for Tier 1 (HSMP) with previous 55k earnings to qualify with 100 points.
My company is trying to sort things out in my favour (in their favour) and hired a nice firm which gave options.
I can also apply for Tier 4 (student) as I am currently spending my holidays for my full time course and switching is possible as I qualify and university is granting me CAS to apply

Things are tense and require proper attention.

If anyone lived in this country for more then 6 years and established themselves well without any sign of deception then one can apply for Humanitarian appeal as well through a solicitor as a last resort. ( I have this option as well)

If anyone wants to know more and share their thoughts please say so...

I will update again....

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Urgent.

Post by roadkill1979 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 am

kevinarnold wrote:Thanks Ashley & sorry to hear that.

I'm still waiting nothing heard yet. Will update soon.
Don't loose December panel meeting and before 25th Nov
submit ur next Cos try today to reach them by 24th.

Points like below should be mentioned in ur Cos cover letter by HR and inside the application.

Reasons why applicant is critical to your business. i.e what will be the commercial implications if he is required to leave, will contracts be lost, will business development be affected etc.