ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply dependant visa for my parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yplx
Newly Registered

Can I apply dependant visa for my parents

Post by yplx » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi

I have just got ILR. Now I plan to get my parents here. I intend to apply dependant pass for them so that we do not need to count on date. questions are:

conditions for applying the pass for them? ( all my parents' children are either working or studying abroad)

will this affect me applying citizenship next year?

Thank for reply.

YPLX

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:45 pm

How old are your parents? How do they support themselves? Or are they totally financially dependent upon you?

Don't just assume that because you have ILR, or British Citizenship at a later date, that your parents can move here automatically.
John

tereshchenko

Post by tereshchenko » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:38 pm

This is possible only if your parents are older then 65 and financially totally dependant on you.

yplx
Newly Registered

Post by yplx » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:36 pm

My mum is 64 and my dad is 69.

They have their own retirement pensions and theoretically financially independent of me.

But I know husband/wife holding work permit can apply dependant pass for their spouses even if their spouses are earning sufficiently. Will this apply in this case too? any clue?

Appreciate any contribution.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:40 pm

Spouses and children are the only persons who you can fairly easily get a dependent visa for. The rules for parents is that they should be over 65 and financially dependent on you. The home office web site has guidance on the criteria
'In everything give thanks'

yplx
Newly Registered

Post by yplx » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:01 pm

if i try to apply for dependant pass for my parents, and it magically succeed without cheating of course, will this have any negative impact on my applying for citizentship next year?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:59 pm

yplx, I see that as a totally theoretical question. Based upon what you post there is no possibility of you getting visas for your parents to move to the UK.

That applies irrespective of your own visa or nationality status.

If anyone has a more positive opinion about the chance then do please post.
John

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Mon May 01, 2006 10:11 am

YPLX--> see the post below. Another forum member (DIP) got through that hurdle, but extreme compassionate circumstances.

Mine is (was) similar, but daughter is with me otherwise i would have got thru' my parents dependent visa. They are aging between 65-69, totally depends on me for finance, accomodation etc on top of that my dad is heart patient and they are too much attached to my daughter and vice-versa

But this is not good enough to get dependent visa to parents (got rejected once).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=#1641

yplx wrote:My mum is 64 and my dad is 69.

They have their own retirement pensions and theoretically financially independent of me.

But I know husband/wife holding work permit can apply dependant pass for their spouses even if their spouses are earning sufficiently. Will this apply in this case too? any clue?

Appreciate any contribution.