ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting passport return

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seijionion
Newly Registered

Requesting passport return

Post by seijionion » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:37 am

Dear friends,

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience in requesting passport back after applying for EEA2.

I am planning to send application next week, but will need to visit my wife's home country for Xmas and new year.

Does HO likely to give me back on time or it's better that I wait till I come back after new year?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:40 am

A very FAQ - search the forum for numerous posts on the subject.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Well, we received our passports back today after requesting them by email last Sunday, so within a week!

For seijionion the timescale is a bit tricky. After sending in the application it takes a few weeks before you get the Certificate of Application (with case ID, etc.). You could consider to add a cover letter in which you request the passports to be returned to you immediately.
However, if your EEA FP is still valid until your return in January, I would stay on the safe side and postpone the EEA2 application until then.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:08 pm

fysicus wrote:You could consider to add a cover letter in which you request the passports to be returned to you immediately.
Bearing in mind the UKBA's knack for ignoring/skimming over cover letters, I would advise that the OP sends an email to the dedicated address or calls the dedicated contact number.