ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied FSW - Got Quebec job offer

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gafnoo
Newly Registered

Post by gafnoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 am

Hi guys

I've applied as FSW and also I've got my first file number. During 120 days opportunity to send them the required docs; I didn't succeed to gain the required scores (due to bad IELTS score) and I need 2 more point to reach the 67. I've recently got a job offer from Montreal. Is that of any help? And if not, what should I do?

Thanks
Jim

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Applied FSW - Got Quebec job offer

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:05 pm

gafnoo wrote:Hi guys

I've applied as FSW and also I've got my first file number. During 120 days opportunity to send them the required docs; I didn't succeed to gain the required scores (due to bad IELTS score) and I need 2 more point to reach the 67. I've recently got a job offer from Montreal. Is that of any help? And if not, what should I do?

Thanks
Jim
To work in Quebec, you need authorisation from Quebec government, in addition to Canada government (unless you are a Canadian citizen or PR). Based on your job offer, you would need to apply to Quebec government first (either for authorisation to work or immigrate), if they approve it, you would need to send the application to Canadian counsulate for the next time in the visa.

Start at:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/

Ray

gafnoo
Newly Registered

Post by gafnoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Thanks raymasa2

You mean I should leave my current file number and start from scratch; applying for Quebec????

I am planning to live in Toronto, so do you think by expressing this fact that I will not go to Quebec and letting the officer just know that I have a job offer in Canada makes any sense for him/her to give me an extra points???

Thanks again for your time and consideration. I am so tense about this problem and looking forward to some solution out of this.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:12 pm

gafnoo wrote:Thanks raymasa2

You mean I should leave my current file number and start from scratch; applying for Quebec????
No, I mean if you work or immigrate to Quebec, you would first need approval from the Quebec provincial government and then Federal government.

If you don't want to work in Quebec, you don't ned approval from Quebec, just the Federal government.
do you think by expressing this fact that I will not go to Quebec and letting the officer just know that I have a job offer in Canada makes any sense for him/her to give me an extra points???
If you tell the officer you have a job offer and expect him/her to give you extra points, don't you think you would need to proof that you indeed have a job. How do you indent to proof, without showing letter of offer. A letter that would need to include company name and address (at the very least). Address which would be in Quebec. Therefore, you would need approval from Quebec provincial government to work or immigrate there, before Federal approval can be granted.
Thanks again for your time and consideration. I am so tense about this problem and looking forward to some solution out of this.
I can understand your stress. We have all been there. Perhaps you may want to look at the two links I sent previously to see if there is a solution. That's the first place to start, to understand your options.

You can also try retaking IELTS and see if you can get extra points that way.

Ray

gafnoo
Newly Registered

Post by gafnoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Dear Ray

I really appreciate your consideration.

All of your answer is fully logical and seams OK! but what should I practically do??

I am not able to find any info related to find a way to related a Quebec approval to a FSW application.

I mean; how can I gain my job offer approval from Quebec and send it back to them for my Federal case??!!

My conceived solution is to send a bundle to visa office consisting the followings:

1- the required primary docs
2- my job offer copy
3- accompanying letter stating that I am not gonna reside in Quebec by I have such a job offer to show that I have enough capability to settle in Canada.

Both the Quebec visa office and Federal visa office are in the same place (damascus visa office) and It would be natural to request each other for some approval matters. wouldn't it?

I am looking forward to hear from your

Yours sincerely,
Jim

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:47 pm

gafnoo wrote: I am not able to find any info related to find a way to related a Quebec approval to a FSW application.
I don't mind you asking questions, but did you even bother to read through the links I sent you?

Quebec website (link in the previous post) states the steps you need to go though for immigration:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.c ... index.html

The Federal website (link sent previously) also explain the steps you need to take to apply for immigration via Quebec route:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp

If you are going to qwork or immigrate to Quebec, you need Quebec Selection Certificate. You need to apply to Quebec office in Damascus. if they approve your application they will send you the certificate. You then send that certificate to the Federal immigration office to get the immigration or work visa.

I am happy to to asnwer your questions, but I am not going to spoon feed you. Please read through the websites provided and then, if you have specific questions, ask. Or if you don't want to read the information, you may want to consider hiring an immigration consultant.

Ray

gafnoo
Newly Registered

Post by gafnoo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:05 am

Dear Ray

I got your answer; sure! everything is clear in those sites and I know enough about both of the immigration process; Federal & Quebec.

All your saying is the rigid rationality and fully accepted, but as I know they are not so rigid and they may be some exceptions (considering that all the qualification factor is to determine that candidates are able to settle in Canada).

Therefore, all I am looking for is not to get spooned and re-fed by the same clear info expressed in official sites. I am looking to find a way to get the most out of my current case in less possible time; probably just saying officer that my 65 point is not representing me correctly and I am more capable (presenting the job offer).

I have stated this problem in some other forums too; It would be helpful to take look at them to understand and help me (as you see my English is weak).
Here are the other forums:

1- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigr ... 027.0.html

2- www.spammer.com/canada-discussi ... rom-quebec

regards
Jim

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 am

gafnoo wrote:Dear Ray

I got your answer; sure! everything is clear in those sites and I know enough about both of the immigration process; Federal & Quebec.
From your questions, I don't think you actually are clear on both processes. If you really want to go to Canada, you really would want to be very clear on how the process works,
All your saying is the rigid rationality and fully accepted, but as I know they are not so rigid and they may be some exceptions (considering that all the qualification factor is to determine that candidates are able to settle in Canada).
Well, if you believe its not that rigid, why don't you just apply your solution and see what happnes? Why the back and forth?

What quallification factor are you showing to show that you can settle in Canada? You already accepted that your English is not very good, and language is an important factor to settle. So you can't use that.

You have shown that your job offer is in Quebec and you have been told on multiple forums that for Quebec, you need their selection certificate.

How is your French? Do you speak fluently in French? If so, that would help, if not, that's another proof for the immigration officer that you can't communicate in either of the official languages, so how can you show that you can settle?

If you do speak French fluently, why don't you use that test to gain extra two points? That would be the better thing to do.
Therefore, all I am looking for is not to get spooned and re-fed by the same clear info expressed in official sites. I am looking to find a way to get the most out of my current case in less possible time; probably just saying officer that my 65 point is not representing me correctly and I am more capable (presenting the job offer).
Fine, why don't you do that. You already believe that the system is not rigid, so go with it. Why the back and forth?
I have stated this problem in some other forums too; It would be helpful to take look at them to understand and help me (as you see my English is weak).
Here are the other forums:

1- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigr ... 027.0.html

2- www.spammer.com/canada-discussi ... rom-quebec
The answers given on those forums are same to mine.

Ray

gafnoo
Newly Registered

Post by gafnoo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks Ray

Unfortunately I have not extra time to take another IELTS exam to improve my score and also do not know French at all!

But about the back and force and my plan issue; I prefer to hear from others about my crude planes. it is better, isn't it?

FYI: About the rigidity matter; they are so flexible, I requested a time expansion for the 120 days duration and they let me to have more 2 months. as you know it is been expressed explicitly that the duration is not expandable. So they are flexible.

take it easy man! I think even if you are so kind, you are so angry and rigid.

regards,
Jim

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:32 pm

gafnoo wrote:Thanks Ray

Unfortunately I have not extra time to take another IELTS exam to improve my score and also do not know French at all!

But about the back and force and my plan issue; I prefer to hear from others about my crude planes. it is better, isn't it?

FYI: About the rigidity matter; they are so flexible, I requested a time expansion for the 120 days duration and they let me to have more 2 months. as you know it is been expressed explicitly that the duration is not expandable. So they are flexible.

take it easy man! I think even if you are so kind, you are so angry and rigid.

regards,
Jim
No I am not angry, and my rigidity or otherwise doesnt matter. What matters is how the CIC will view your current application.

As you requested, hope someone else will reposnd with a better suggestion.

Ray