ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is accomodation proof needed before entering ?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

Is accomodation proof needed before entering ?

Post by blacklabel69 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Hello everyone,

[EDIT] Port of entry/immigration check is at Brussels

Thanks to a lot of help from the forum, I got a Tier 1 (General) Visa last week.

I will be traveling via the Eurostar from EU which isn't the usual case of people relocating to the UK. Since this is also a port of entry, I would like to think it is ok but just wanted to ask. If someone has done this, it would be great to know about their experience.

Also would the Immigration officers ask for proof of accommodation ? I will be picked up by a friend and will be staying with him for a few days before running back to wind down things properly and move everything over, so havent arranged anything yet.

Also this trip is more of a exploratory one, to apply for NI, local GP registration, NHS registration etc. Do you see any problem with doing this, since for a few weeks, I would be resident in two countries.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance !
Last edited by blacklabel69 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

Never mind..

Post by blacklabel69 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 am

Found a thread from July, adding here for reference :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60328

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

At Brussels

Post by blacklabel69 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:40 am

Posting this to help answer any questions other members might have in the future..

The immigration officers were super-fast. The only question asked was if I already had a job. No documents were asked for, even if I had the whole set used for the application. And then it was "Welcome and Good luck !"

There was only one person before in the queue.

The security check was also quick. All in a very good experience and was over in about 5 minutes (not including removing time for filling landing card and removing/putting on jackets/belts :) )

mechanic
Newly Registered

Post by mechanic » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:26 pm

How did NHS registration with a doctor go? What information did they require?

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

Post by blacklabel69 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Sorry, haven't got around to doing that yet, trying to finalize a contract... Will post once I get around to doing it.

Traveler33
Newly Registered

Post by Traveler33 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Experiences vary. Much depends on your general behavior, appearance, what mood the employee is in, etc. Sometimes you will be asked for the name of the hotel or name/address of the friend, good to have those on hand.