ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Sammad wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
Sammad wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
I dont know where you get this info but all setttlement application are decided in London not Abu Dhabi anymore. Checks on documents, work etc are done by staff in islamabad who then inform ECO in London ( who after looking at overall sittuation decides either to grant or refuse visa. The ECO then relays this message to Islamabad who pass it on to Gerrys, who informs the applicant of the decision. If visa is granted staff at ISB stamp visa. If refused ISB hands back all docs to applicants via Gerrys, BUT ALL FINAL DECISON MADE BY ECO IN LONDON NOT ABU DHABI.

Hope that has cleared matter.
Where is the evidence for this? Can you prove any of this? I doubt it.
I just know it. If you do not agree with my point, then that is fine. The answers also lies somewhere in this specific forum. If you care to look further you will find that what I am syaing is true at the current time. :roll:

4.13 Customers in Pakistan wishing to apply for settlement in the UK submit their applications,supporting documents, visa fees and biometric data at one of four visa application centres. These are located in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. The applications are then forwarded with customers’ passports to the Visa Section in Islamabad where travel documents (typically passports) and supporting document verification is undertaken.

4.14 Copies of the application form and all supporting documentation are then sent by private courier to the UK Visa Section in Croydon (UK), where the decision to issue or refuse entry clearance is made. This decision is then relayed electronically to Islamabad. While the UK Visa Section is considering applications, the Islamabad Visa Section retains customers’ passports and original supporting documentation. When the decision is received by the Islamabad Visa Section, it either issues entry clearance visas or produces refusal notices. These are then returned to customers via the respective visa application centres
So Gerry's are lying by saying that after the 25th of October 2010 settlement visa's will be dealt in Pakistan and the UK? Since before this because of security issue all visa applications were being sent to Abu Dhabi.
Salaam they are not lying. Basically before 25th October the original set of documents were sent to Islamabad BHC and the copies sent to Croydon. The decisions are then made in Croydon. But after 25 October all the application and the decisions will be given from Islamabad BHC. Hope it clears everything.
Last edited by ali2102 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:32 pm

This is getting really interesting and a little bit disturbing.

Sooooo I suppose early Dec we'll see September party discussing their updates. Any chance of September applicants having their applications returned AFTER Dec? I can see there being scope for Oct applicants but do September applicants have a chance of having such delay? (Christmas holidays "the holiday season" being the reason of course)

imranh

Post by imranh » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 pm

[quote="minty"][quote="imranh"][quote="minty"]Imranh

minty, did the agent still sign your documents?? did he put his name date and contact details on??[/quote]

Imranh

I honstly cant remember. Now you got me worried:)
Ignorance is bliss!![/quote]

sorry i didnt mean to get you worried - i will be really hacked off if my wifes application would fail because of this mistake

imranh

Post by imranh » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 pm

[quote="haseebuk1"][quote="imranh"]I will try and carry on the baton for the August applicants list[/quote]

thanks imranh for that and n e update yet on ur case? am really sad to hear about kammy tho hope his appeal go thru easy[/quote]

no update on my case yet. the visa authorities emailed my HR who in turn can only mail their reply so it should be with the eco early- mid next week hence i am not expecting an update until late next week at the very earliest

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:32 pm

billo wrote:
yasmin786 wrote:hi i sent it on this address

first-tier tribunal (immirgration and asylum chamber)
po box 6987
leicester
united kingdom
LE1 6ZX

am doing my husbands appeal from here doing it on his behalf

also this was the address writtten on the the application form
Hi,
My brother just faxed his to the fax number supplied on the appeal form. And i think it was around 3 weeks before he received confirmation from the AIT. You could always give them a call to see whether they have received them. We found that it was much quicker to fax any requests etc to the AIT rather then send by post.
Salaam Billo / Yasmin 786

Please can you advise me on process of sending appeal and what happens.
What have you done regards it ans the best way about it. Obviously each refusal is different but some guide line I guess?

Thank you
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Salaam

T A Abbas
zehn
tasawar
yasmin786

How far have you got with your appeal? and what have you done so far?

Thanks
K44MYY

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:30 am

Anyone recieve any update from September?
Last edited by ali2102 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:24 am

K44MYY wrote:Salaam

T A Abbas
zehn
tasawar
yasmin786

Thanks
AOA786

Brother i sent my appeal on 16th Oct and my bundle date is 13 March 2011 and if you need to ask something more and ask in detail ok

Jazak Allah Khair.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:01 pm

tasawar wrote:

T A Abbas
zehn
tasawar
yasmin786

Thanks
AOA786

Brother i sent my appeal on 16th Oct and my bundle date is 13 March 2011 and if you need to ask something more and ask in detail ok

Jazak Allah Khair.
Salaam did you sent appeal form within 28 days along with extra evidence or did you put appeal in and then send paperwork after?
K44MYY

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:47 pm

K44MYY wrote:
tasawar wrote:

T A Abbas
zehn
tasawar
yasmin786

Thanks
AOA786

Jazak Allah Khair.
Salaam did you sent appeal form within 28 days along with extra evidence or did you put appeal in and then send paperwork after?
AOA786

Dear we provide all the paper work which i provided at the time of application becouse they repeat my refusal with same words which they did in 2009 so my solicitor remind them that we provide everything new so why the ECO repeat the same refusal word by word so my case is different then you and my solicitor said there are 80% chances of overturn and i also advice you to submit new evidence with your appeal first stage so that maybe ECO overturn your case aswell.

jazak Allah khair

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:02 pm

November and August list has no problems but it seems someone likes taking the piece out of the cake for September list!

There's a pic on it of guys dressed up in burka showing off their hairy legs. Someone finds it amusing to pull off such a disrespectful stunt.

Isn't it better to make the spreadsheets accessible through password only? I mean making it accessible to all as it is BUT to make changes to it, require a password?

We got a lot of serious members here who are nervous in anticipation of a response for their husband/wives' visa application and the spreadsheets kind of help in terms of knowing how other month specific applicants are progressing. IF one Sep applicant makes the progress then that is good news for the other Sep applicant as it indicates a potential change in their status also. So NO NEED to go around deleting data and putting up a stupid picture like that.

I didn't think anybody would stoop so low :roll:. I really hope that all other September applicants can re-input their details in there and that the spreadsheet is password protected so that only password holders can make changes and not some miserable clown.

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Shadow86 wrote:November and August list has no problems but it seems someone likes taking the piece out of the cake for September list!

There's a pic on it of guys dressed up in burka showing off their hairy legs. Someone finds it amusing to pull off such a disrespectful stunt.

Isn't it better to make the spreadsheets accessible through password only? I mean making it accessible to all as it is BUT to make changes to it, require a password?

We got a lot of serious members here who are nervous in anticipation of a response for their husband/wives' visa application and the spreadsheets kind of help in terms of knowing how other month specific applicants are progressing. IF one Sep applicant makes the progress then that is good news for the other Sep applicant as it indicates a potential change in their status also. So NO NEED to go around deleting data and putting up a stupid picture like that.

I didn't think anybody would stoop so low :roll:. I really hope that all other September applicants can re-input their details in there and that the spreadsheet is password protected so that only password holders can make changes and not some miserable clown.
I cant't believe what has happened I had to take the link of as I couldn't remove the picture. First the data was deleted then picture was put on. I guess someone on here dosen't like september applicants.
Last edited by ali2102 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Either that or the fact that the September link just happened to be the first one they tried.

Nonetheless, any scope of password protection being applied?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Salaam they are not lying. Basically before 25th October the original set of documents were sent to Islamabad BHC and the copies sent to Croydon. The decisions are then made in Croydon. But after 25 October all the application and the decisions will be given from Islamabad BHC. Hope it clears everything.
Ali, but it seems BatlayKhan disagrees with this
All settlement decisions are solely made in Croydon( even present ones)not in Islamabad.

The decision is then relayed to Islamabad who will through Gerrys inform the applicant whether their application has been succesful or not.

All the ECO who make the final decision are sitting in London not Islamabad.

Thye will continue with this process untill the safety sittuation in Pakistan improves. Maybe then all applications and decisions will be made in Islamabad :roll:

minty

Post by minty » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:59 pm

The dawn newspaper on the 27th October stated the following

It states

"ISLAMABAD: Britain is not ready to entertain Pakistan government’s request for exclusion of the country from the ‘hub and spoke’ programme and return visa processing to Islamabad, but says it is committed to streamlining the procedures. "

It further states

"The home secretary said much of the processing of settlement (long-term) visas had been brought back to Islamabad.

“Increased amount of work is now being done in Islamabad. Some work in UK (on settlement visas) is now being done in Islamabad.â€

imranh

Post by imranh » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:40 pm

[quote="tasawar"][quote="K44MYY"]Salaam

T A Abbas
zehn
tasawar
yasmin786

Thanks[/quote]

AOA786

Jazak Allah Khair.[/quote]

salam tasawar what is your bundle date?? is that your appeal date??

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:19 pm

AOA786

Bundle date is the time gives by Immigration tribunal to both parties
(applicant and ECO) to sort there papers till that date and after that date they give us a hearing date for further hearing and specially the bundle date is for ECO to think about there decision again if the ECO want to overturn then the ECM will decide that other wise the ECO will have to give the refusal reasons in detail to Immigration judge till that date which calls bundle date hope you understand.

Jazak Allah khair.

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Either that or the fact that the September link just happened to be the first one they tried.

Nonetheless, any scope of password protection being applied?
Salaam No I don't think so because deleting of the data happened yesterday and adding the picture took place today. People need to get a life.

Anyways I have added another spreadsheet, but only I can edit it, so please forward me your details September applicants and I will add them on. If anyone has any other better ideas please feel free to let us know.

Jazakallah

sadz
Newly Registered

Post by sadz » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Heyy Any update on Sept ppl? I still got no response. Does anyone know the contact details of someone we can contact to inquire about the process?

:)

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Good to see the Sep list now being protected at least :)

Was it safia1 or something like that who submitted on 7th Sep?

sadz, I doubt Sep applicants will hear anything until AFTER 1 Dec. Dec apparently seems to be the month for Sep applicants.

Sairah A
Newly Registered

Post by Sairah A » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 am

Shadow86 wrote:Good to see the Sep list now being protected at least :)

Was it safia1 or something like that who submitted on 7th Sep?

sadz, I doubt Sep applicants will hear anything until AFTER 1 Dec. Dec apparently seems to be the month for Sep applicants.
I applied on 7th Sept at Mirpur! if someone could add me to the list, that would be great

forwarded to Islamabad - 14/09
Under process at BHC - 22/09

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:34 am

sadz wrote:Heyy Any update on Sept ppl? I still got no response. Does anyone know the contact details of someone we can contact to inquire about the process?

:)
Salaam I think you will Inshallah hear something in about two weeks time. You can contact them on ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk or ukvisasection.pakistansettlementenquiries@fco.gov.uk.

Please could you tell me when and where did you apply and your current status so I could add them to the September list.

Jazakallah

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:52 am

Sammad wrote:What about nov applicants? my wife posted her on 1st nov and on 15 it changed to being processed at BHC. Moreover I have a relative who give his application on on 25th October, and he was given a visa this month in less then 4 weeks. In fact he is over here in England.
Well the status changing from submitted to being processed is common, although I am aware that some applicants don't have theirs done like that, it takes a while for their status to change.

Congrats to your relative who got it within 4 weeks. There are the lucky ones like your relative and safcalibur (hope I got it right?) who got the visa's in a very short amount of time. I'm just referring to the common trend when I say Dec is the month for Sep applicants and of course this excludes the lucky bunch :P.

@Sairah A, please do keep us informed of any change in status for your application. 30 Nov (12 weeks since app submitted) is just around the corner :)

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:15 am

Hi, I am new to this forum and my case is slightly different from the usual spouse settlement applications.

I am a British passport holder, born in UK but have been living here in Pakistan for the past years, got married here, and now wish to relocate to UK with my husband.

Is there anyone with the same scenario here? I want to know the possible outcome in this case.

Thanks!

riz_ras

Telephone call

Post by riz_ras » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 am

I received a call this morning at 6.20 from Visa centre in Islamabad. I was asked if I was aware of the application, and questions about where i live and work, when the marriage was, names of my wife's parents.

I am hoping that they are working on the application. Has anyone had this before? I know that they quite often contact your workplace, but how usual is it to contact the sponsor?