ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marital Status, Dependant visa - URGENT question,please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jsnipy
Newly Registered

Marital Status, Dependant visa - URGENT question,please help

Post by jsnipy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:47 am

I'm sorry to put such an urgent question but I'm applying for the Tier 1 General today (Sunday Nov 21) and really need some advice. Thank you in advance!

I have a girlfriend and we've been together for 2 years but are not married. We both want to go to the UK and she would be going as my dependant.

When I fill out my application online, it asks for the marital status. I select "Unmarried partner". Then during the application process I fill out my girlfriend's information such as the name, passport number, etc.

I have not finished the online application but the paper form at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9 says the following in the document checklist "Unless single, please provide evidence of your marital status e.g. marriage or civil partnership certificate". So I'm not single (as I selected Unmarried Partner) but I'm not married either so I don't have the marriage certificate. What should I do?

I was not planning on providing all the paperwork for my girlfriend neither apply for her visa until I get mine approved. At the same time I'm afraid to apply as "Single" because that may cause questions in a few months when we apply for her visa.

I know it was a lengthy explanation and can only hope some people made it to this point :) but I certainly appreciate any advices! Probably aside from the advice to get married right away :roll: - we won't be able to do it in one day anyways :)

sreblog

Re: Marital Status, Dependant visa - URGENT question,please

Post by sreblog » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 am

From what I know vaguely that you can submit proof of documents that your living together , for example joint bank account, house/rent agreement in both of your names , phone bills.

But chances of getting approval higher when you submit application for married dependent.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:31 am

Unmarried partners have to demonstrate that they have been living together for at least two years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 pm

:) Vinny thanks for guiding us to the link.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... x#19938472

just to clarify if i get this correct:-

I need to show evidence that the couple are in a relationship for the last 2 years prior to applying for the visa.

It further states

The applicant should provide at least three pieces of evidence of joint commitment. All must have been held for a minimum of 2 years, prior to the application:
1)Joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, life insurance policy naming the other partner as beneficiary etc);

2)Birth certificates or records of any children of the relationship, showing both partners as parents;

3)Any official correspondence linking both partners to the same address e.g. Council Tax, utility bills, Doctors records; • Any other evidence that adequately demonstrates the couple's long-term commitment to each other.

Can we show 2 evidence such as:-

1)rent agreement
2)joint bank account

Do you think that this would be enough[/quote][/i]
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.