ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC after PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobbysatya4u

BC after PR

Post by bobbysatya4u » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 am

Hi All,
After great help from this forum we have recieved our PR,I am non EEA national and my other half is EEA national.We both automatically aquired PR( 5 yrs rule) in May 2010 but recieved sticker in my passport and PR card for my other half dated on 11.11.2010.Now the question is when we both eligible to apply for BC,May 2011 or November 2011.I have gone through lots of forums and got more confused.
Now to make it more complicated: we seperated in July 2010 but didn't apply for divorce and now wife is not waiting any longer so if we divorce,would i still be able to apply for BC in May 2011? or will it be in november 2011?.Please do share your opinions.Many thanks
and will we both have to take life in the UK test??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:57 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks Vinny,
I have gone through this post already and still got confused.My understanding is that we both can apply in May 2010 despite divorced or not as long as i provide all the documents proving i have lived in UK for 6 years.Please correct me if i m wrong.Many thanks