ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suitable visa for Mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dpap
Newly Registered

Suitable visa for Mother

Post by dpap » Mon May 01, 2006 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

I am Kenyan with residence in the UK for 5 years. My brother and sister are UK citizens (by birth)
We had been planning for my mother to come visit us this summer, however, she has now found out that she has pressure in her eyes that need looking at. We now want her to have it looked at in the UK (as we want her to have the best care)

We are prepared to pay for any such care, however, I have a few questions:

1. Due to the fact that my sister/ brother are UK citizens, would it be possible to apply through a route that enables my mother to get free/subsidised NHS treatment?
2. If we apply for a visitors visa, what are the requirements? And, can she still have treatment (with us paying) once she is here?

Please help.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon May 01, 2006 7:33 pm

Dpap;

Habari.

with regards to your queries.

1. No. Your mother is not a UK tax-payer and does not therefore qualify for fee NHS treatment

2. Yes. Just apply for a normal visitors Visa then she will get teatment in the 6 months whilst in the UK. Reason for visit can be holiday. If you state that reason for visit is treatment - you have to demonstrate that you have an appointment etc and have booked a 'hospital' place for her or an appointment with a consultant..

Your mother needs to staisfy that she will return to Kenya and that you also have sufficient funds to cater for her in the UK without recourse to public funds..

By the way - how old is your mother? has she been to the UK before?; is she employed in Kenya? Has she got assets (property)) in Kenya? Has she got strong family ties in Kenya??

Kwaheri...
Where there is a will there is a way.

dpap
Newly Registered

Suitable Visa for Mother

Post by dpap » Fri May 05, 2006 5:18 pm

Habaru Chess,

Answer to your questions:

By the way how old is your mother? - 68yrs old
has she been to the UK before? yes in the seventies, both my brother and sister were born in Wales
is she employed in Kenya? No
Has she got assets (property)) in Kenya? Yes, family home
Has she got strong family ties in Kenya? Yes, the whole family apart from the four children who are all here.

Thanks a lot for the swift response and helpful advice.

Asante,

Dpap[/url]

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri May 05, 2006 6:12 pm

Apply for a visitors visa as normal. provide all required evidence - i dont see any reaon for refusal
Where there is a will there is a way.

man1976

dependant

Post by man1976 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:09 am

Why dont u apply for her to come and live with you permenantly. If ur parents are above 65 and dont have anyone to take care of them in their native country you can apply for them

If she gets the dependant visa than i think NHS will be free

She should be financially and emotionally dependant on you. Which means you send her money back to kenya every month and you visit them.

She shouldnt have a close family member which can take care of her and she can be his/her dependant.. e.g. like husband, son or daughter