ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Someone has deleted the June/July Applicants spreadsheet!! Why an earth is this happening. First September spreadsheet then Juy spreadsheet! I am very very annoyed!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr :x
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

minty

Post by minty » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Salaam Zar2009

I downloaded a copy of the July spreadsheet, so I can send that to you.

Does anyone want to hold it and password protect the July spreadsheet??

imranh

Post by imranh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 pm

[quote="tasawar"]AOA786

Bundle date is the time gives by Immigration tribunal to both parties
(applicant and ECO) to sort there papers till that date and after that date they give us a hearing date for further hearing and specially the bundle date is for ECO to think about there decision again if the ECO want to overturn then the ECM will decide that other wise the ECO will have to give the refusal reasons in detail to Immigration judge till that date which calls bundle date hope you understand.

Jazak Allah khair.[/quote]

jazakallah for that so the ECO can still overturn their decision for the bundle date - do you know if this is based on new information or the same documents??

is the bundle date still different to the review??? does anyone know??

imranh

Re: Telephone call

Post by imranh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 pm

[quote="riz_ras"]I received a call this morning at 6.20 from Visa centre in Islamabad. I was asked if I was aware of the application, and questions about where i live and work, when the marriage was, names of my wife's parents.

I am hoping that they are working on the application. Has anyone had this before? I know that they quite often contact your workplace, but how usual is it to contact the sponsor?[/quote]

someone I know received a similar phone call recently yet I never heard this before it seems to be that they have put this random check in for those who have recently applied (from October). i guess they might have to check one applicant every x amount for auditing purposes

i have not received this phone nor has anyone else

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:58 pm

imranh wrote:
riz_ras wrote:I received a call this morning at 6.20 from Visa centre in Islamabad. I was asked if I was aware of the application, and questions about where i live and work, when the marriage was, names of my wife's parents.

I am hoping that they are working on the application. Has anyone had this before? I know that they quite often contact your workplace, but how usual is it to contact the sponsor?
someone I know received a similar phone call recently yet I never heard this before it seems to be that they have put this random check in for those who have recently applied (from October). i guess they might have to check one applicant every x amount for auditing purposes

Salaam Imranh

Did that person, receive a decision, how long ago was this? My initial thoughts were that if they called me, they would be dealing with the application, or is this a red herring?

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 pm

riz_ras wrote:
imranh wrote:
riz_ras wrote:I received a call this morning at 6.20 from Visa centre in Islamabad. I was asked if I was aware of the application, and questions about where i live and work, when the marriage was, names of my wife's parents.

I am hoping that they are working on the application. Has anyone had this before? I know that they quite often contact your workplace, but how usual is it to contact the sponsor?

Salaam Imranh

Did that person, receive a decision, how long ago was this? My initial thoughts were that if they called me, they would be dealing with the application, or is this a red herring?
It must be a random check I have read somewhere on a previous forum, they recieved a similar call. Sometimes they phone the applicant, its just to confirm you have actually provided these documents.

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 pm

zar2009 wrote:Someone has deleted the June/July Applicants spreadsheet!! Why an earth is this happening. First September spreadsheet then Juy spreadsheet! I am very very annoyed!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr :x
Salaam I have a feeling its someone from this forum as if someone else did it Im sure they won't keep on coming on this site. Its most likely some idiot who got excited to see he can edit data on the net.

Someone from July just make a spreadsheet and add on everyones details and just keep updating it, thats what I did for the Septemeber applicants.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Zar009 hav u heard anythn?

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:00 pm

shazaz wrote:Zar009 hav u heard anythn?

nothing
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Thats terribl
Its takn far too long
Ring the BHC

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:29 pm

I emailed BHC today and got a reply.

Please try to consider we have a backlog of Pakistan cases we have to clear before Christmas. We are working as fast as we can and promise we will get round to your case asap.

Kind regards

Uk visa team
So i think they will get all the cases submitted before 29 November done by christmas. As I don't think there will be a lot of cases straight after that as the new English test would have just come out.

Any ideas any1? has anyone else got a simalar reply. at least they have stopped the automated replies.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:53 pm

NIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE one there Ali, that sounds awesome!!! :)

Yasama, welcome to the forum. The core criteria and the one that applies the most weight is that the British citizen must be present in the UK and have full-time employment. That is not the case for yourself, so that itself would present an issue. However, if you have been offered a full-time job in the UK then that could help in your application.

Besides that all I could say is that it may be better for you to relocate to the UK and secure a full-time job and then take it from there really.

imranh

Post by imranh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:59 pm

[quote="ali2102"][quote="riz_ras"][quote="imranh"][quote="riz_ras"]I received a call this morning at 6.20 from Visa centre in Islamabad. I was asked if I was aware of the application, and questions about where i live and work, when the marriage was, names of my wife's parents.

I am hoping that they are working on the application. Has anyone had this before? I know that they quite often contact your workplace, but how usual is it to contact the sponsor?[/quote]

i have not received this phone nor has anyone else[/quote]

Salaam Imranh

Did that person, receive a decision, how long ago was this? My initial thoughts were that if they called me, they would be dealing with the application, or is this a red herring?[/quote]

It must be a random check I have read somewhere on a previous forum, they recieved a similar call. Sometimes they phone the applicant, its just to confirm you have actually provided these documents.[/quote]

no this person applied in October and his application is currently under process and he got this phone call about a couple of weeks ago. this is a random check as only the ECO in London can decide on your case.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:30 pm

zar2009 wrote:
shazaz wrote:Zar009 hav u heard anythn?

nothing
Zar2009 have you got your MP involved, i don't understand why it's taking so long? how long has it been since decision was made?

Get your MP to find out for you?
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

sadz
Newly Registered

Post by sadz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey Shadow86, it looks like all sept applicants will hear at christmas time. But then they will have the excuse that it christmas and they need time off!!

@ Sammad I think some people are too lucky. I heard some people get their visas in 10 working days!

Hey Ali - My husband submitted his application on 17th Sept. It is showing that it is being processed in BHC on 30th sept. No update yet. Oh he submitted it in Islamabad.

My hubby did go to the Gerry Office and they said they will call once it will be done. Not much info there but its still being processed...

Anyone else heard anything yet? Any calls to your employers? My hubby's Identification was checked at the Union Council. I think this was in October time. We found this out as one of the people working there knows my dad lol

sadz
Newly Registered

Post by sadz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Hmm So has your cousin got any progress with their visa? What's your progress @ the moment? (@ Sammad)

khan786

Post by khan786 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Salaam all,

I just started my new job today and have not notified Eco.

Should i notify eco or wait and get a reply from them?

Logically thinking in this current climate people do change jobs on a frequent basis.
So im sure eco would not just decline visas if they phone current emloyers and say ''is this person working here?'' then decline the visa.

I would appreciate if someone could please clarify in general, if bhc do checks on your national insurance contributions/tax to see if you are currently employed before making a final outcome or just contact your current empoyer?
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Nah sadz, they can take their time off but AFTER issuing Sep applicant's visa's. No point turning the 14-16 weeks into something longer.

sadz
Newly Registered

Post by sadz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 am

Yeah that's true @ shadow86
Hey khan786 I think you should tell you previous employer that the should except a call and that to tell them you did work there but now you in a new job.
They can find everything out by typing in your NI number so from there they will know you are working.

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 am

[quote="khan786"]Salaam all,

I just started my new job today and have not notified Eco.

Should i notify eco or wait and get a reply from them?

Logically thinking in this current climate people do change jobs on a frequent basis.
So im sure eco would not just decline visas if they phone current emloyers and say ''is this person working here?'' then decline the visa.

I would appreciate if someone could please clarify in general, if bhc do checks on your national insurance contributions/tax to see if you are currently employed before making a final outcome or just contact your current empoyer?[/quote]

no do not wait for the ECO to notice your employment change as they will fail your case. send them P45 employment letters wage slips (if available) and bank statements (to show wage slips from new employer going in). email them first to tell them you have changed employment and would like mail your updated details they will then reply to send the documents to their Croydoon address and put FAO: THE ECM. then send the docs asap . they can tell from your NI about tyour employment details which thy can check!!!!!!

z4ydi

Appeal processing time

Post by z4ydi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 am

my wife's visa for sattlement was refused in July - We lodged the appeal on August the 5th, it is now 3 months and 3 weeks but we did not have any reply from the Home office, not even an acknowledgement. Can someone please state the processing time for appeals - will be grateful if you can put them step by step and estimated time taken for each step i.e. reveiw, Court hearing, call letter.... etc . JazakAllahu Khyran

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:52 am

Once employer is contacted, does the status change on the tracking website to employer contact? Or are all people whio are filling in the spreadsheets do it manually after finding out from thier employer?

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:21 pm

[quote="minty"]Once employer is contacted, does the status change on the tracking website to employer contact? Or are all people whio are filling in the spreadsheets do it manually after finding out from thier employer?[/quote]

no - we are filling the spreadsheets manually after finding out from our employer

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:23 pm

my 12 weeks were up yesterday and they contacted my employer via email on Wednesday and my employers replied via recorded delivery on Thursday morning so i presume they must have the documents by now.

is it worth me chasing them up or shall i just wait one more week into my 13th week???

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Imran, it's probably best to wait another week, as the time given from Thursday may not be sufficient enough for them.

If not another week then at least another few days until Friday?

Btw, why are your quotes broken up? It's so hard to differentiate your response from the quote you are quoting :?