ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hey Guys, I have got my EC for 2 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaig78
Newly Registered

Hey Guys, I have got my EC for 2 years

Post by jaig78 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:48 am

Hi everybody,

First of all I would like to thank this forum for providing so much information that was very useful during my preparation for EC. I went through an agent for my HSMP approval so it was cool. I was quite skeptic about my EC though.

I learned from this forum only that EC may be given for 2 years from April 3rd onwards. But when I enquired chennai VFS and British HC, they said its going to be only for one year.

I applied for my visa on 26th April'06. I got my passport stamped on 28th evening. I had asked for start of validity from 3rd of July. But for some reason they turned a deaf ear to that query. I was quite disappointed at that but i was so excited when I saw that the validity was for 2 years. So, its going to be 2 + 3 years probably.

I wanted to share this news to all you friends who are going to walk the same road as me. Though this limits us from taking any mortgages for the next 2 years, it atleast gives us enough breathing space.

I was also very skeptic about my EC approval as the funds i showed was hardly 2600 pounds. I provided a letter from my sister in London saying that she could accommodate me when i come there for work. Though for HSMP, funds availability is not taken into serious considerations, i was keeping my fingers crossed.

So, u all, All the best.

salars

Post by salars » Mon May 01, 2006 6:27 pm

hey congrats.
Good to hear that.
Did u show the 2600 GBP in uk account or in india?
Also, Can i have a sample of the letter ur sister gave u? that would help me.
Im applying for EC This week.
Rgds
Saleem

irfan_s
Newly Registered

entry clearance enquiry

Post by irfan_s » Mon May 01, 2006 11:19 pm

hi

I have received my hsmp approval letter. I am currently studying in uk and will be going to india in a month for entry clearance. I have a query. When i made my hsmp application i just told them that i am a student in uk and provided information and docs from my college regarding the course etc.. Now that i am going to apply for entry clearance i also want to show that i was working part time on my student visa since it will reflect in my uk bank statements. do u think that should be a problem since i dint mention about my part time employment during my application and now i will be mentioning it in my entry clearance. i would really appreciate it if anyone could halp me with this.

Irfan

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue May 02, 2006 12:22 am

There should not be a problem. You are allowed to do part time work. You dont need to mention it in your HSMP application since you may not be claiming those points.

jaig78
Newly Registered

Post by jaig78 » Tue May 02, 2006 6:04 am

salars wrote:hey congrats.
Good to hear that.
Did u show the 2600 GBP in uk account or in india?
Also, Can i have a sample of the letter ur sister gave u? that would help me.
Im applying for EC This week.
Rgds
Saleem
I showed the account balance in Indian bank account. I have been working in India after my MSc in UK for the past years. All you need is to convince the EC officer is that you will be able to support your stay and travel there.
My sister just sent a letter on a plain paper saying that she is working in so and so company and residing in the given address and that she will be able to accommodate me when I travel to the UK for work.
The VFS lady asked me to submit my sister passport xerox copy. but I wasn't having it. I was having her bank statement that i submitted for my HSMP, I submitted the same. So, don't worry much about the letter sample and all. If your relative is able to use a letter headed paper, its well and good.
Good Luck for your EC.

irfan_s
Newly Registered

ec documents

Post by irfan_s » Wed May 03, 2006 8:58 pm

hi guys

i am currently studying in uk. i got an approval letter for hsmp on 25th april 2006. my course is getting over in june and my student visa expires in august so it is essential for me to go to india at the earliest and get entry clearance. i wanted to know if i need to submit my college docs for ec. I had submitted my admission leter during my hsmp application and will be doing the same for ec but do i need to show my attendance and progress letter too. please let me know if anyone has an idea about this.

thanx

irfan

jaig78
Newly Registered

Post by jaig78 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:22 am

Hi,

VFS lady asked me to submit all the documents which I submitted for my HSMP approval. My personal opinion is if you could get a letter from your student advisor or professor saying that you have been progressing good; it should do. And as you say ur course getting over in June, get an interim mark sheet from your university and enclose that. You could go for your EC in July and I feel you shouldn't have any problem.

All the best