ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband Claiming Public Funds-Please Help

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nassima

Husband Claiming Public Funds-Please Help

Post by Nassima » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:23 am

Hello all,
I hope I can find answers to my question, well this isn't the first time for me on the forum but because I'm stressed about the Spouse Visa application I keep asking many questions here!
Briefly I'm a non EEU married to a British person, He is in receipt of the following:
Income support
Long term sickness premium(Incapacity)
Council Tax benefit
I know that these are considered as Public Funds, but I am now working hard to save money and show that I can support myself without any recourse to public funds and that I wouldn't claim for "Additional PF"
I currently saved more than £5000, I would like to apply for Spouse visa to join my dear husband in UK, he is not working and in receipt of the mentioned benefits,Please will my visa be accepted,? We already issued a letter to show how we'r going to manage our finances, we live in a flat that suits a couple, we have got pictures of our relationship and emails,chat logs etc, I also have a good work experience and speak 3 languages..
I don't know what I can do to have my visa accepted and join my husband..
Thanks for everyone's help & support
Nassi

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:13 am

He is allowed to claim public funds and you seem to have everything in hand except for the stress.

Nassima

Post by Nassima » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 am

mochyn wrote:He is allowed to claim public funds and you seem to have everything in hand except for the stress.
Thanks Mochyn for your answer :) I'm trying not to be stressed but can't help myself :)

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 am

You seem to be well prepared. I'd include a copy of your CV, any qualifications / experience / proof of languages, to show that you are easily employable.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Nassima

Post by Nassima » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 am

avjones wrote:You seem to be well prepared. I'd include a copy of your CV, any qualifications / experience / proof of languages, to show that you are easily employable.
Thanks avjones for your answer. Yes I will be including my CV and reference letters from my previous and current managers, qualifications and even emails I have received from UK employees that shows their interest in my profile but only I should get my visa then contact them back :)
We actually got married legally(I mean registring the marriage in Algeria) in March 2010 and have been working since to secure a good sum of money and wonder if 5000 is OK.

Regards to all and thanks again!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:08 am

Best of luck.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.