ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident Labour Market Test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanveer2010
Newly Registered

Resident Labour Market Test

Post by tanveer2010 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi All,

My employer is starting the Resident Labour Market Test, now it's all in there hands to test and decide whether I will get the job in the end or not.

But for my curiosity, I have a few questions :

a) If they don't find anyone suitable for the role according to there requirements, how would they justify to the HO whether the RLTM was conducted and no suitable candidate other then me was found ?

Is it only the case of providing the Job centre plus Advert reference and another reputed JOB site reference ?

b) What are other points to consider when advertising the JOB ?

Will be grateful for your responses on this !!
Thanks

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:42 am

I think a record will have to be kept on the applications that are made by those who apply for the job to show that they are truly unsuitable. They also have to interview you and keep a record of your qualifications and the interview details etc(to show that you are qualified). Also it's not just any reputable website at all but a website from the list provided from your relevant code in addition to the jobcentreplus one.

If the job requires a certain qualification or experience then that must be clearly stated in the job ad otherwise if someone applies without this qualification they are obligated to employ the person.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.