ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(G): help required urgent plz: applying tomorrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coretest
Newly Registered

Tier 1(G): help required urgent plz: applying tomorrow

Post by coretest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Went to apply for the visa today after gathering and finalizing all the documents yesterday.
Obviously, I did not find any time to look at the changes on 22Nov.
I had paid using the DD option, and they obviously refused my DD of 51750.

Can anyone quickly throw some light on the latest changes?

The site says new version of the forms should be used.
However vaf9 link still points to the "vaf9 Mar2009".
Am I missing something?
Is this the only change - fees incremented to 56250 fees and nothing else?

Planning to change the cover letter a bit and apply tomorrow morning 8am.

I have already taken the new DD of 56250, from Std Chartered becoz they refused to refund me the cash.

Any pointers for tomorrow.

Urgent.

Thanks a lot :)
Last edited by coretest on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:05 pm

My Maintenance Funds:
Claim Period: 10 Aug 2010 to 15 Nov 2010 (more than 3 months)
Conversion Rate considered is 73.80634INR per GBP, as on 15 Nov 2010.

Letter and account statement taken from the bank dated 15 nov 2010.

Shall I submit the same letter and account statement from the bank dated 15 Nov 2010 ?

Or do I need a new maintenance funds letter + account statement ?

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:25 pm

maintenance fund documents can be 'up to one month' earlier from date of application.

bethnalblue

Post by bethnalblue » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:03 pm

coretest wrote:My Maintenance Funds:
Claim Period: 10 Aug 2010 to 15 Nov 2010 (more than 3 months)
Conversion Rate considered is 73.80634INR per GBP, as on 15 Nov 2010.

Letter and account statement taken from the bank dated 15 nov 2010.

Shall I submit the same letter and account statement from the bank dated 15 Nov 2010 ?

Or do I need a new maintenance funds letter + account statement ?
You are fine with the letter and statements, what you need is proof of exchange rate on the day of applying and that must be only from Oanda. Enter the INR and convert it to GBP and take a print out of that and submit it along with your application.
http://www.oanda.com/

All the best

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:39 pm

maintenance fund documents can be 'up to one month' earlier from date of application.
if the above is valid, then why do I need the "proof of exchange rate on the day of applying".

bethnalblue

Post by bethnalblue » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:21 pm

coretest wrote:
if the above is valid, then why do I need the "proof of exchange rate on the day of applying".
I understand that you will claim points for your earnings, INR needs to be converted into pounds to prove that you have the required money.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /earnings/#

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

I hope I have answered your question, also call the VFS in your country to cross check this issue before you submit your application.

All the best

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:31 pm

yes; you did provide a helpful answer.
Thanks a lot.

I am trying to find a way to avoid visiting the bank manager again for the letter.
I have already taken a letter from the bank manager dates 16 Nov stating that the minimum funds during the 3 month period is Rs.xxx; latest funds is Rs.xxx;
exchange rate as on 15 Nov 2010 is xxxINR per GBP.

I have already visited the bank manager 4 times & I dont want one more visit, if its avoidable.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:25 am

Whatever exchange rate you mention in your letter, will not make a difference to case worker.
He/She will check rate again from their sources.
Mentioning GBP for maintenance won't have any pros or cons on your letter.

Don't visit the manager again.

bethnalblue

Post by bethnalblue » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:36 am

coretest wrote:yes; you did provide a helpful answer.
Thanks a lot.

I am trying to find a way to avoid visiting the bank manager again for the letter.
I have already taken a letter from the bank manager dates 16 Nov stating that the minimum funds during the 3 month period is Rs.xxx; latest funds is Rs.xxx;

I have already visited the bank manager 4 times & I dont want one more visit, if its avoidable.
The case worker will only refer to OANDA for exchange rate and as all of us know that the exchange rate keeps on changing every day. Let me tell you that you don't need a letter from the bank manager but whatever amount you have just convert it on OANDA and check yourself if you have enough GBP after conerstion to claim points. Take a print out of that and submit it along with your application. They will consider the exchange rate of the day you submit your application and it will not effect your application even if the exchange rate goes up and down while your application is in process.

All the best

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:42 am

Stop worrying about the exchange rate. The case worker will refer to OANDA for the maintenance fund and use the rate on the last day of your earnings to assess your earnings and on the date of application for your maintenance fund. Unless you are a border case and because of daily fluctuations it will change your situation significantly, don't bother sending them print-outs from OANDA. They don't need it and they don't ask for it. All it will do is make you look like you can't follow instructions.

Also , don't visit your bank manager again. The rate the he/she will use will of course differ from what is on OANDA. Either way, you don't ever indicate the rate you used for your maintenance fund on the app form, so just ensure that your funds are above the required and you will be fine.

eternal
Newly Registered

Post by eternal » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 am

Coretest, did u go for applying again?
I still have the same question which coretest had asked:- vaf9 and pbsappendix1 link still points to the "vaf9 Mar2009" and "July 2010" ??

I am visiting tomorrow to VFS for the T1General application. Thanks to your post that I got to know that there is some change in the rules. I also sent a pm to you.

Is anyone sure about vaf9 and pbsappendix1?

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 am

what mulderpf says is logical. if they have not asked for exchange rate for maintenace, better not provide it. i made sure that i had sufficient balance for 90 day period with rate above 75. provided bank statement with balances showing inr. rest of the conversion left to caseworker.

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:53 pm

I spent the 22nd collecting, finalizing all docs.
I visited the VFS center on 23rdNov after some last minute docs photocopying.
The guy at the application center said 'this is the wrong DD sir, the fees have increased to 56250INR'
ME: "But I have taken the DD on 15Nov, doesnt that make my date-of-application as 15th and 51750INR was a valid fee on the day."
HIM: 'no sir, it wont be accepted'

went to Std Chartered and I asked for cancelling the DD & carrying the cash to vfs, but they said, "sorry sir, we can give u a DD with new amount, but cannot refund it"
ME: "The new amount is 56250INR, right?"
Clerk: "Not sure sir, you should confirm it from their website. The bank is open till 6pm, u can come before 6 if u want the new DD today."
I had some more urgent chores to complete & went home at 5pm, checked the website & back to bank at 545pm and got the new DD of 56250INR.

Waited till late nite for good replies at this post - thanks all :)

Then I sanely decided that I shud wait till morning for the exchange rate of 23Nov. The guidance says that the account statement may be dated within 1 month of application, but it also says that the exchange rate will be considered as it was on the date of application.

For me, the exchange rate was imp bcoz I had maintained a relatively barely enough balance during the 3 months :?

In the morning, looking at the exchange rate, it was a bit lower, but surely lower than on 15 Nov.
The bank manager's letter was taken on 16Nov and the exchange rate mentioned was that of 15Nov.

I mentioned it in the cover letter that since the exchange rate on 15 Nov is higher than that on 23 Nov(date of application, ie. DD date); hence the manager's letter of certification of funds hold still hold valid as on 23Nov.
And then I attached printouts of classic-converter output of 15Nov and 23Nov.

I did apply on Wednesday, 24thNov.
Not many people around to apply.
4 business Visa applications, 2 elderly couples visiting their son-in-law on a visitor's visa.
I was the only idiot applying for a Tier1 :P

fingers crossed - waiting for the results now.

Oh yeah, by-the-way, I didnot opt for the sms service or the documents courier service. My friend had received his documents in folded manner. The delivery boy's mistake - he had just carried it everywhere in folded manner :evil:

Thanks a lot everybody for helping me and clearing my doubts from time to time.