ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Work Permit a Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

touchsensor

Is Work Permit a Visa?

Post by touchsensor » Mon May 01, 2006 3:42 pm

What is a Work Permit? Is it a visa?
Please advice

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 01, 2006 5:37 pm

A Work Permit? Err? A Permit to Work!

Not to be confused with a visa! Which will be needed in addition.
John

Mafia

Post by Mafia » Mon May 01, 2006 6:46 pm

A work permit, as it implies, allows the holder to work in the UK subject to the normal conditions. May I ask why are you asking this rather obvious question?

With regards to “visa”, are you confusing this with EC?
Providing alternative opinions ... for better decisions.

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Tue May 02, 2006 9:28 am

I am confused because of the VAF1 form. The question, have you been refused a visa to UK before? I am curious which category it comes under-permit or entry clearance?
If a visitor entry clearance is refused does it mean a visa is refused?
How about entry to UK? Is it the same?or is 'entry to UK' is entry at the port of entry?

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Tue May 02, 2006 1:43 pm

touchsensor wrote:I am confused because of the VAF1 form. The question, have you been refused a visa to UK before? I am curious which category it comes under-permit or entry clearance?
If a visitor entry clearance is refused does it mean a visa is refused?
How about entry to UK? Is it the same?or is 'entry to UK' is entry at the port of entry?
What are your circumstances, perhaps if you explain we might be able to help you.

Entry Clearance and Visa are the same thing.

If you have been refused a WP in the past I dont think that needs to be stated anywher on the form.

touchsensor

entry clearance

Post by touchsensor » Tue May 02, 2006 3:30 pm

I applied for further leave to remain under HSMP and it was refused because HSMP was unsuccessful. I returned home and my employer applied for work permit thrice. Two times it was refused. As I have some urgent things to do in UK, I applied for visitor visa and it was refused as insufficient evidence of return. Now my work permit is approved. I don't know what to tick in VAF1 Form under section 4.4,4.5 and 4.6?

Please advice.

powergirl
Newly Registered

Re: entry clearance

Post by powergirl » Wed May 03, 2006 9:59 am

touchsensor wrote:I applied for further leave to remain under HSMP and it was refused because HSMP was unsuccessful. I returned home and my employer applied for work permit thrice. Two times it was refused. As I have some urgent things to do in UK, I applied for visitor visa and it was refused as insufficient evidence of return. Now my work permit is approved. I don't know what to tick in VAF1 Form under section 4.4,4.5 and 4.6?

Please advice.
hi touchsensor
may i ask how long did the overall appeal process take in your case?

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Wed May 03, 2006 3:07 pm

There was no appeal. All were fresh application.

powergirl
Newly Registered

Post by powergirl » Wed May 03, 2006 5:35 pm

touchsensor wrote:There was no appeal. All were fresh application.
how long did the entire application process take till you were granted your work permit?

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Thu May 04, 2006 9:34 am

Hi,
It was approved in 4 days.Even the refused ones took 5 days and not longer than 10 days.

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Thu May 04, 2006 10:04 am

Hi there,

I am still stuck with the VAF1 Application form. What do I fill in for section 4.4,4.5 and 4.6 if I was refused a 6 months visitor visa at entry clearance and Further Leave to Remain due to unsuccessful HSMP application?
Please advice.