ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do not know what to do

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam22
Newly Registered

do not know what to do

Post by sam22 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:19 pm

can someone please help me as im getting really worried as what to do. we got a call letter asking my husband to submit his passport but the problem he cant send it from Yemen because all mail from there are suspended I was wondering if its OK if he sends his passport with someone else who is going to Bahrain and send his passport from there or does it have to be him sending it, hope I made sense

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:04 pm

My advise is to contact the people who wrote you the letter and explain your circumstances and difficulties and see what they advise. If you give your passport to someone going to Bahrain, how are you then going to get it back if all air mail is suspended. Why doesnt your husband go there personally, get his visa stamped and come back to Yemen and then onto the UK

http://ukinyemen.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting ... isa-update

sam22
Newly Registered

Post by sam22 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:27 pm

thanx for the reply the plan is that my brother in law sends me the passport from Bahrain after it has been stamped then i travel to Yemen and he cant get there its hard to get a visa for Abu Dhabi in Yemen also I emailed the woman that is dealing with it, she just said that send it with any courier as long it gets to Abu Dhabi.

lkpone

Re: do not know what to do

Post by lkpone » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:29 pm

sam22 wrote:if he sends his passport with someone else who is going to Bahrain and send his passport from there or does it have to be him sending it, hope I made sense
Isn't it illegal to carry somebody's else's passport?

I'd say your best course of action is as suggested - contact the case worker or department who issued the letter and explain the situation.