ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension! with many days spent outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nallamilli
Newly Registered

HSMP extension! with many days spent outside UK

Post by nallamilli » Mon May 01, 2006 6:04 pm

Hello! everybody! Please go through my special case and suggest me whether i can get the HSMP extension at all?
HSMP VISA granted on 14th July 05
Number of days spent outside uk Since 14th July 05: 4 months
Employment history:
under continuous employment until 30th Jan 06
Unemployed: 1st Feb - 02 April ( 2 months 1 wk)
employed from 03 April-22 april
Unemployed: 23 April- 14th May
Employed: 15th May- 14th July
Earnings so far: around £ 45K
Please advice me whether i can get extension at all as i had two unemployment periods,one of which is a very long period( 2months 1week).
I would like to apply for extension by the end of May. i.e 6 weeks before expiry of current VISA.
As my job finishes on 14th of July ( My HSMP VISA expires on the same day) do you suggest that i have a job lined up from 14th July 06 onwards to stand a good chance for extension? will be waiting for your suggestions.
Many thanks
shenker

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon May 01, 2006 8:55 pm

I am moving this topic to the HSMP forum where it is more applicable.

Can you also let us know the reason you were out of UK during this period. For instance was it business related?

You relative period of unemployment should not be an issue.

nallamilli
Newly Registered

Post by nallamilli » Tue May 02, 2006 2:23 pm

MWazir wrote:I am moving this topic to the HSMP forum where it is more applicable.

Can you also let us know the reason you were out of UK during this period. For instance was it business related?

You relative period of unemployment should not be an issue.
Thanks for the reply. I was away as my family couldnt acclimatize in UK and my wife's health wasnt good. hope this information helps you to understand my situation better.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue May 02, 2006 4:49 pm

You should still get an extension of 4 years as you have been employed during this period and are economically active. If they are not satisfied with the time you have spent in the UK, they might reduce the leave to remain but other than that, you should be fine.