ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 2nd Extension - few days short for ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faisall
Newly Registered

Tier 1 2nd Extension - few days short for ILR

Post by faisall » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:17 am

Hi

I initially got my HSMP in May 2007 and I was 27 then. so got full points for my age. my initiall visa was valid for 2 years. I got my visa extended in May 2009 for a further 3 years i-e May 2012 (I was 29 then so got full points for age again)

The problem started when i got my initial HSMP visa from Pakistan, and travelled after a month and 6 days. i-e i got the HSMP on the 16th of May and travelled on the 22nd of June.
So even after 16th May 2012 , i will still be short of 6 days to apply for an ILR. so will have to apply for an extension in May 2012. But by that time i will be over 31 so instead of getting 20 points for age i can only get 10 points.

My question here was about an early application.

If i apply early, say by start of June 2011, (which is aprox 11 months before my Visa expiry date) i will still be under 31 so can still score full points for age. Even if home office extends my Visa from the date of my application and not the expiry dateof visa on my passport, i will still qualify for ILR as i only need 6 days more on my Tier 1 visa.

the 2nd option,

I have a baby due in March 2011 and i wll have to apply for my baby's visa aswell. Can I, instead of applying for a dependent visa for my baby, apply for an extension Visa for myself and include my baby's initial visa application in it?

Please Advise

Thanks in Advance

allgo

Post by allgo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:51 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Page 3 -
If you entered the UK with a visa several weeks or more after the date from which it was valid for use, you may need to apply for an extension of stay to complete the relevant qualifying period.

I am having similar situation though sometime in future. but unfortunately seems one needs to stay in UK for 5 years to be able to apply ILR. God knows what will happen to ILR anyways after Mrs. May's statements today

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:48 am

@faisall...

apply for your extension and your baby's initial leave at the same time when he/she is born... this will be an early extension but you will get points for age which is what you need and will take you upto the 5 years for ILR... provided the rules remain the same...

I would recommend an early extension when you can still get the points for age...

hope this helps...

A

faisall
Newly Registered

Post by faisall » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks Guys

But my point is .. will i be able to apply for an extension even when i have almost a year of visa left on my passport, and do they consider early extensions upto a year early?

Regards

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 am

You can apply extension, however start of new visa (extension/FLR) of will be from date of issue to 2 years.

silverline

Post by silverline » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 pm

I reckon one can apply for ILR in this case with request to case worker to use discretionary power (as time period is insignificant). Case worker has power & can use it. [Just an opinion].

It's best to play safe & take extention months earlier to your visa expiry.