ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's the salary requirement for the old style Workpermit?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

littlerice

What's the salary requirement for the old style Workpermit?

Post by littlerice » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:49 pm

I got my WP dec 2006, but can't remember what's the requirement at the time, now that according to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits, I'll need to meet the salary requirement at the time of my application to get my ILR a year from now.
Thanks

claudiafan

Re: What's the salary requirement for the old style Workperm

Post by claudiafan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:16 pm

littlerice wrote:I got my WP dec 2006, but can't remember what's the requirement at the time, now that according to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits, I'll need to meet the salary requirement at the time of my application to get my ILR a year from now.
Thanks
I don't think that applies to old style work permit holders. It is Tier 1 or Tier 2 points based system implemented in April 2011. Where did you see from now on???

littlerice

Post by littlerice » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:25 pm

2nd paragraph in the "Settlement" section: Tier 1 and Tier 2 migrants applying for settlement will need to meet the salary criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay.

I think that applies to existing Tier1&2, but on another thought, old workpermit was neither T1 or T2.

My question still stands, anybody remember?

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:55 pm

littlerice wrote:2nd paragraph in the "Settlement" section: Tier 1 and Tier 2 migrants applying for settlement will need to meet the salary criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay.

I think that applies to existing Tier1&2, but on another thought, old workpermit was neither T1 or T2.

My question still stands, anybody remember?
It is explicitly said that the new rules will apply to ``Tiers 1 and 2 of the points-based system''.

WP has never been a part of PBS nor had any salary requirements. So, I think that the current (old) rules will continue to apply to WP holders.