ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW from India and dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soniapsw
Newly Registered

PSW from India and dependant visa

Post by soniapsw » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:06 am

Hi,

I will be applying for my PSW from India in February. I would like to know if PSW from India falls under interim annual limit.

Also my husband will be applying for dependant visa in April. He can not do so before April due to some reason. So if rule changes or HM abolishes PSW from April 2011 then will he still be able to apply for his dependant visa since I would already have my visa that time?

Lastly is PSW dependant from India is also under annual limit?

It will be great if someone answers me asap.

Thanks!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 am

Yes all out of country fall under the cap / annual limit. If you have a PSW he might be able to apply as dependent in or after april.

Yes PSW from india IS under the annual limit and a cap would apply.

soniapsw
Newly Registered

Post by soniapsw » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:54 am

Hi bobobo,

Thanks for your reply. But the following link about interim limit says that it does not apply for PSW Tier 1. Can you/someone please confirm on this?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t1-pbs

Thanks!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:25 am

bobobo wrote:Yes all out of country fall under the cap / annual limit. If you have a PSW he might be able to apply as dependent in or after april.

Yes PSW from india IS under the annual limit and a cap would apply.
The interim limit doesn't apply to PSW. It applies to Tier 1 (General)
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.