ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP renewal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

efrew
Newly Registered

HSMP renewal

Post by efrew » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi,

I have a complicated situation which I hope everyone can provide advice on. Many thanks in advance.

I successfully applied for the HSMP Visa during June/July 2006 and received a 2 yr Visa from 12/2006 to 12/2008. I entered into the UK in 12/2006.

I then renewed my HSMP Visa at around 12/2008, using the Judicial Review Outcome (i.e. proving that i was economically active in the UK) and the Visa was extended until 12/2012. However, the new Visa was issued as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant Visa rather than a HSMP (Is this normal?).

Now here comes the complicated part. I left the UK in 2009 for a job opportunity in Singapore. I am currently still in Singapore, but am recently thinking about returning to the UK (due to another job). I understand that my Visa is still valid, so it will be ok to work there for the next year, but when i come to renew the Visa, how will i go about it? Will i still be able to renew the Visa just by showing that I am economically active in the UK? I do not qualify to get the indefinite leave to return. I could probably get the company to sponsor me onto a Tier 2 Visa, but i believe the original HSMP visa is better.

To make matters even more interesting, I recently had to change my passport as i ran out of pages in my old one. I asked the embassy here in Singapore, and they said it was ok and i did not need to get the transferred to my new passport. Can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks for your help.
efrew

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:55 pm

1. Tier 1 (General) stamp on the passport, even though you applied under HSMP JR provisions, is fine.
2. You may apply for another extension in accordance with the HSMP JR judgement.
3. No need to transfer visa from old to current passport. Travel with both passports.

regards