ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to enter EU

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kimady
Newly Registered

ILR to enter EU

Post by Kimady » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:15 pm

Hi,

I just got my ILR recently & plan to visit some EU countries for holiday. I am holding a China passport. I rang the homeoffice to check whether I need to apply visa to enter France, & they said they are not sure?? which is sound very strange to me. I have some friends enter EU countries without visa, & they said no problem at all. Could anyone please let me know the sure answer. Thank you.

Kim

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:33 pm

You have to contact the consulate of the country you want to enter. Home Office has nothing to do with that!!!!
The consulate or embassy will be able to give you the help you need.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:14 pm

Kimady wrote:..... whether I need to apply visa to enter France, & they said they are not sure??
You getting UK ILR will make absolutely no difference to whether you need to get a Schengen visa, or not, to enter any of the Schengen countries such as France.
John

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:51 pm

Why on earth would you call the home office to find out that information? Would you call them to find out if you needed a visa to go to, say, Mexico? No, because they have nothing to do with Mexico, just like they have nothing to do with any of the countries in the EU.

It's hard enough trying to find out from the Home Office what kind of visa you need to enter the UK, let alone what kind of visa you need for another country!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Kimady
Newly Registered

Post by Kimady » Wed May 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Thank you all for the infomation you had given.