ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of age. What is required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cuberoot

Proof of age. What is required?

Post by cuberoot » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:24 am

Hi

I understand that for evidence of proof of age you can send a copy of your passport. Must this copy be notarised/certified? I live in South Africa, so if the copy is certified by the police is that ok? Is any other documentation required for proof of age?

All other documentation I will be submitting in the other sections will be originals.

Thanks.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue May 02, 2006 9:34 pm

Is nobody able to help me with this?

robbys
Newly Registered

Post by robbys » Wed May 03, 2006 12:26 am

I sent in my original birth certificate.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Wed May 03, 2006 8:08 am

Ok, I will do the same. Thanks for the info.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Proof of age. What is required?

Post by MWazir » Wed May 03, 2006 10:16 am

cuberoot wrote:Hi

I understand that for evidence of proof of age you can send a copy of your passport. Must this copy be notarised/certified? I live in South Africa, so if the copy is certified by the police is that ok? Is any other documentation required for proof of age?

All other documentation I will be submitting in the other sections will be originals.

Thanks.
You can send in a notarised copy of the passport attested by a notary public.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Wed May 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Wow MWazir! You are doing a great job on these forums. I think you have particpated in the last 5 posts I have read, and you always provide relevant information. Thank you!

It seems that it is simpler to provide original evidence, rather than having to use the services of a lawyer. In SA, many policemen are commissioners of oaths, so most people get documents certified at police stations. However, only lawyers can provide notarised copies. I think I will send in the original copy of my birth certificate, just to save myself from bugging a lawyer.

This seems like a stupid question, but there isn't an expiry date on a birth certificate is there? Because I got my original from my mother and it was issued in the 1980's. This can't be a problem can it? I think Im worrying too much...

robbys
Newly Registered

Post by robbys » Wed May 03, 2006 10:33 pm

cuberoot wrote:Wow MWazir! You are doing a great job on these forums. I think you have particpated in the last 5 posts I have read, and you always provide relevant information. Thank you!

It seems that it is simpler to provide original evidence, rather than having to use the services of a lawyer. In SA, many policemen are commissioners of oaths, so most people get documents certified at police stations. However, only lawyers can provide notarised copies. I think I will send in the original copy of my birth certificate, just to save myself from bugging a lawyer.

This seems like a stupid question, but there isn't an expiry date on a birth certificate is there? Because I got my original from my mother and it was issued in the 1980's. This can't be a problem can it? I think Im worrying too much...
Birth certificates don't expire. You can only get 1 unless somehow you've figured out how to get back into your mother's womb. :) Of course you can get a duplicate of yours which still counts as an official birth certificate as long as it was issued by your government.