ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

seeking ILR as parents one of whom is 65 yrs old

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JackieMoon
Newly Registered

seeking ILR as parents one of whom is 65 yrs old

Post by JackieMoon » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi everyone, my parents wish to apply for the Indefinite leave to remain in UK. My mother is 65 yrs old, my dad is 64. So I believe they met the requirement of para 317 (c).

Both of my parents are currently holding long term (10 yrs) visitor visa and they stay in UK for 6 months at each visit every year. When they go back to home country, they live in their own flat. Apart from this flat, they don't have any income, pension, savings or investment.

All of us siblings live in UK and hold British citizenship. We transfer money into their UK bank account and as well as into the bank account in home country. All the living cost, air tickets of my parents are paid for by us.

My main concerns are:

1. My monther has a younger sister who is financially very strong. She has her own (very large) extended families and never ever supported my parents financially and she has no intention or interest to do so in the future. How should we prove that my parents could not turn to my aunt for financial support?

2. Will the fact that they own a three bedrooms flat (it is in good condition and in decent neighbourhood) be a problem?

3. Can we include my parents' UK bank account as an evidence?

4. Can they apply for ILR in UK while they are visiting with their vistor visa or do they need to go back and apply in home town?

I am thanking everyone in advance for your kind suggestion.

Regards

Jackie

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:07 pm

They will not be allowed to apply for permanant residence whilst here on a visitors visa. They will have to go back home and apply there for parent /grandparents dependant visa.

These are the circumstances in which they can apply
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... prelatives

Given your parenets present circumstances, its going to be pretty tough going getting them these visas. However a good read through this forum as there have been some successful stories.

Good luck

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:28 pm

See also Older dependent relatives

regards

JackieMoon
Newly Registered

Post by JackieMoon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 pm

batleykhan wrote:They will not be allowed to apply for permanant residence whilst here on a visitors visa. They will have to go back home and apply there for parent /grandparents dependant visa.
Thanks Batleykhan and Sushdmehta...I am reading the links you provided.

Regarding the close relatives issue, it is very difficult to prove. It is easy to provide evidence if there are financial support from relative, we can provide bank statements etc. But in our case, there was/is/will not be any support from my aunt and it is really difficult to provide evidence. They are just "words". :(

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:07 pm

The other thing you need to consider is what they've said in previous applications for visitors' visas. They would have needed to prove that they had ties at home.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.